|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator surprised by the invitation?
(a) She doesn't have anything to wear.
(b) The departure is so soon.
(c) She doesn't feel she belongs to the community.
(d) She isn't a member of the family.
2. Where did Gaffett say he had previously been shipwrecked?
(b) Near Scotland.
(c) Off the coast of Greenland.
3. How is Captain Littlepage dressed?
(c) Like an old sea captain.
4. What occurs to the narrator as she is looking over the landscape on Shell-Heap Island?
(a) Joanna must have seen the island just this way.
(b) Joanna is much like her self.
(c) Captain Bowden has become a good friend.
(d) The landscape is lovelier than she expected.
5. How does Elijah refer to his late wife?
(a) My dear wife.
(b) Poor dear.
(c) Dear Sarah.
(d) Poor Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about Mrs. Fosdick once she meets her?
2. How does the narrator react to the relative isolation of Mrs. Todd's home after coming back from Mrs. Blackett's?
3. What connection does Mrs. Todd see between the tansy in the schoolyard and people?
4. What does Mrs. Todd need to get while visiting Mrs. Blackett?
5. Why doesn't Sant make the most of his potential?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)