|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, how many weeks has Duke supposed to have been monitoring Willow's schoolwork?
2. In Chapter 52, where does Cheddar sleep?
3. In Chapter 41, from where does Willow gather small, bead-like pods that fall from trees?
4. What exercise does Duke decide to do in Chapter 43?
5. What color is Duke's patio set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Willow receive at the beginning of Chapter 55?
2. Why does Duke bring Cheddar back to the apartment complex in Chapter 5?
3. How does Willow fix Duke's television in Chapter 40?
4. In Chapter 42, what type of containers does Willow get for her sunflowers and how does she get them?
5. Why does Duke come to his apartment on Saturday in Chapter 39?
6. In Chapter 49, what happens after Willow and the other till the dirt at the apartment complex?
7. How does Willow get rid of the lava rock at the apartment complex in Chapter 48?
8. In Chapter 34, by the time that Duke and Quang-ha arrive, what have Willow and Pattie accomplished?
9. What greenery is there at Duke's apartment complex?
10. What does Duke do when he wakes early in the morning at the end of Chapter 56?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
An educational counselor told Willow’s parents that she needed a project to keep her engaged. How did the garden become Willow’s passion and why was it so important to her?
Essay Topic 2
Only one piece of metal is left intact after the accident that kills Roberta and Jimmy. What is written on that piece of metal, and why is it ironic that that is the only piece that remains unscathed?
Essay Topic 3
The garden project at the apartment building is an important factor in Willow learning to deal with her new life. How does the garden project help Willow, and why do plants play an important role in her life?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)