|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many packets of sunflower seeds does Duke buy for Willow in Chapter 40?
2. In Chapter 47, where does Pattie learn that Adoption Fairs are held?
3. In Chapter 41, where does Willow find a white feather?
4. In Chapter 43, what was the subject that Willow first helped Quang-ha with?
5. In Chapter 34, how many trips are required to haul Duke's laundry to the laundry room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What greenery is there at Duke's apartment complex?
2. In Chapter 47, what happens at an Adoption Fair?
3. How does power spraying change the appearance of the apartment complex in Chapter 50?
4. Where does Duke go to live in Chapter 37 and why?
5. What news does Willow receive at the beginning of Chapter 55?
6. In Chapter 53, where are the excess plants stored and what happens to them?
7. How does Duke's first session with running go?
8. What does Pattie buy at the Salvation Army in Chapter 32?
9. What does Duke briefly consider about Willow in Chapter 54, and why does he decide he cannot help?
10. In Chapter 45, why does Willow need athletic shoes, and where does she get them from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The number seven is important to Willow. How does the importance of the number change after her parents die? What does Willow decide about the number seven and its significance at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
An educational counselor told Willow’s parents that she needed a project to keep her engaged. How did the garden become Willow’s passion and why was it so important to her?
Essay Topic 3
Mai is frequently telling Duke what to do. How would you describe the dynamic between Duke and Mai, and why does she always seem to be in charge even though she is younger?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)