|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what type of car does Duke drive?
2. In Chapter 21, what is on Quang-ha's underwear?
3. What is Dell Duke's first name?
4. What is everyone eating at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 9, how long has Pattie lived in the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Willow's friend in grade school, and what happened to the friendship?
2. Where does Willow find a place to sleep at the library in Chapter 26?
3. What does Pattie tell Willow will happen at the end of Chapter 28?
4. How does Willow describe her grandmother?
5. What did Jairo Hernandez decide to do in Chapter 13 and why?
6. What does Willow observe about Lenore Cole when she first sees her?
7. How does Duke use Winkleman's areas of evaluation to describe Willow after his session with her?
8. What does the taxi driver think about Willow when he picks her up in Chapter 12?
9. In Chapter 1, why is there a police car parked at Willow's house?
10. In Chapter 2, what are Willow's obsessions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Willow plants the acorn that Mai gives her. What is the significance of Willow planting the acorn?
Essay Topic 2
Only one piece of metal is left intact after the accident that kills Roberta and Jimmy. What is written on that piece of metal, and why is it ironic that that is the only piece that remains unscathed?
Essay Topic 3
The color red is important to Pattie and to Willow. Why is the color red important to both Pattie and Willow and what does it symbolize to them?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)