|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Duke family's last name in Greece?
2. How does Willow think that her father's brother died?
3. What language is Willow speaking in Chapter 1?
4. What park does Mai want to go to in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 21, what is on Quang-ha's underwear?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what do sleeping arrangement for the Nguyen family have to do with Quang-ha being mad that Willow is staying with them?
2. Why was Duke let go from a job at an assisted-living center?
3. Why did Willow write Jairo Hernandez a note in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 1, why is there a police car parked at Willow's house?
5. What happens shortly after Willow arrives at the Jamison Children's Center?
6. What does Duke see when he drives past the Chance house in Chapter 25?
7. Where does Willow find a place to sleep at the library in Chapter 26?
8. Why does Duke go to Mai's high school in Chapter 27?
9. What did Jairo Hernandez decide to do in Chapter 13 and why?
10. How does Willow get from the hospital to Beale Memorial Library?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Willow quotes a poem when she is at city hall. What does the poem mean, and what is the significance of Willow quoting the poem at that time?
Essay Topic 2
Willow impacts the lives of those who help her in a positive way. Describe the people who help Willow and how Willow impacts each of them in a positive way.
Essay Topic 3
The novel is told from several different points of view. Analyze the author’s choice to change point of view from first person to third person and how this affects what readers know about characters as well as how it affect the plot.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)