|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dell Duke's first name?
2. How many windows are in the place where Pattie and her children live?
3. In Chapter 25, what does Duke see on the walkway by the Chance house?
4. What color is the comforter on Willow's bed in Chapter 18?
5. What language is Willow speaking in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is WIllow called to the principal's office in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 21, what do sleeping arrangement for the Nguyen family have to do with Quang-ha being mad that Willow is staying with them?
3. What is the place like where Mai and her family live?
4. How does Willow describe her grandmother?
5. How does Duke use Winkleman's areas of evaluation to describe Willow after his session with her?
6. What does the taxi driver think about Willow when he picks her up in Chapter 12?
7. In Chapter 1, why is there a police car parked at Willow's house?
8. What did Mai tell Duke that they needed to do in Chapter 16?
9. Why did Willow write Jairo Hernandez a note in Chapter 14?
10. Why does Pattie decide not to carry peacock-blue nail polish in her salon in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The color red is important to Pattie and to Willow. Why is the color red important to both Pattie and Willow and what does it symbolize to them?
Essay Topic 2
Willow impacts the lives of those who help her in a positive way. Describe the people who help Willow and how Willow impacts each of them in a positive way.
Essay Topic 3
An educational counselor told Willow’s parents that she needed a project to keep her engaged. How did the garden become Willow’s passion and why was it so important to her?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)