|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Roberta walk from her doctor's office in Chapter 15 to the Bakersfield Imaging Center?
2. What does Willow get to carry her books to school in Chapter 4?
3. What was the Duke family's last name in Greece?
4. What is everyone eating at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 22 where does Willow think that Lenore Cole has pain by observing the woman's posture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens shortly after Willow arrives at the Jamison Children's Center?
2. What does Pattie tell Willow will happen at the end of Chapter 28?
3. Why does Pattie decide not to carry peacock-blue nail polish in her salon in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Duke go to Mai's high school in Chapter 27?
5. What does the taxi driver think about Willow when he picks her up in Chapter 12?
6. How does Willow describe her grandmother?
7. In Chapter 1, why is there a police car parked at Willow's house?
8. How does Duke use Winkleman's areas of evaluation to describe Willow after his session with her?
9. In Chapter 8, how do students begin to treat Willow differently?
10. Who was Willow's friend in grade school, and what happened to the friendship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Duke has a system of categories he uses to classify the students he counsels. Discuss Duke’s system, how it evolves, and what it reveals about Duke and his motives and personality.
Essay Topic 2
Duke decides to be more responsible. How does Duke change and improve himself in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Willow quotes a poem when she is at city hall. What does the poem mean, and what is the significance of Willow quoting the poem at that time?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)