|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language is Willow speaking in Chapter 1?
2. What county is Bakersfield in?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Willow play in gym class that makes her tired when she goes to see Duke a second time?
4. How long does Willow say that her parents die after her adoption?
(a) 139 months and 7 days.
(b) 168 months and 7 days.
(c) 153 months and 7 days.
(d) 147 months and 7 days.
5. How much older is Mai than Willow?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 years.
(d) 8 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jairo decide he wanted to become?
2. What is the name of Mai's closest friend in Chapter 14?
3. What is the name of Duke's cat?
4. What type of birds move into a tree by the fence at Willow's house when she is 8?
5. In Chapter 22 where does Willow think that Lenore Cole has pain by observing the woman's posture?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what are Willow's obsessions?
2. How did Jimmy and Roberta die?
3. What does Duke see when he drives past the Chance house in Chapter 25?
4. In Chapter 8, how do students begin to treat Willow differently?
5. Why does Pattie decide not to carry peacock-blue nail polish in her salon in Chapter 19?
6. What does Pattie tell Willow will happen at the end of Chapter 28?
7. What did Jairo Hernandez decide to do in Chapter 13 and why?
8. Where does Willow find a place to sleep at the library in Chapter 26?
9. How does Duke use Winkleman's areas of evaluation to describe Willow after his session with her?
10. Why did Willow write Jairo Hernandez a note in Chapter 14?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)