• In Chapter 1, Willow eats ice cream with a new friend, her brother, and a counselor from school.
• When Dell Duke, the counselor, drives Willow home, the police are parked in her driveway.
• The police speak with Duke, and Willow learns that there was an accident and her parents died.
• In Chapter 2, Willow goes back in time to two months ago.
• She tells how she was adopted, and though her parents are white, she is black.
• Willow has several obsessions: the number seven, medical conditions, and plants.
• Willow has never really understood school.
• She was first labeled weird when she told her kindergarten teacher that a book made her feel bad, and that she did not want to sleep on the floor because of the germs.
• Willow’s parents were told that she is gifted.
• They helped her plant a garden to develop her mind and give...
This section contains 8,549 words
(approx. 29 pages at 300 words per page)