|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pickering see as one of the limitations of the B-17 fighter?
(a) Their range.
(b) Their accuracy in dropping bombs.
(c) Too high a center of gravity.
(d) Their wing flex.
2. What do the orders Barbara receives say?
(a) She is being shipped out.
(b) She is transferring to a hospital on the other side of town.
(c) She is being reprimanded.
(d) She is being promoted.
3. Why does Pickering want Banning to be added to the Magic messages list?
(a) In case Pickering gets killed.
(b) To ask him for insightful analysis.
(c) So Banning will know how important Pickering is.
(d) So Banning will know how to disperse his troops.
4. What did most of Pickering's first letter to Knox from Melbourne contain?
(a) About the situation in Hawaii.
(b) About forming a new flight wing.
(c) About MacArthur's safe transport to Melbourne.
(d) About the Coastwatchers.
5. Where where Howard be assigned if he doesn't join the Raiders or Banning?
(a) To a company in North Carolina.
(b) To Ft. Lewis.
(c) Ft. Benning.
(d) To Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is also aboard Pickering's boat?
2. How does MacArthur generally learn about naval operations?
3. What is the main subject of the letter Pickering sends to Knox after Joe and Steve left on their mission?
4. For what kind of mission is Macklin asked to recruit volunteers?
5. At what hotel is McInerney meeting with D. Franco?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the jump with Koffler and Howard go?
2. How does Howard become a member of Banning's group?
3. What does Pickering tell Knox about Koffler's mission?
4. Who picks up Barbara after she receives her new orders and what do they do?
5. Who does McInerney see with Galloway at the Willard Hotel?
6. What do Barbara and Ernie do the day before Barbara ships out? What are Barbara's plans and how do they change?
7. Why is Koffler being dropped behind enemy lines?
8. Where does Pickering see his son and what do they talk about?
9. What happens when Macklin asks for volunteers for a dangerous mission?
10. What about the military does MacArthur and Pickering discuss when they first meet?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)