|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Howard and Barbara Cotter decide to do when they meet near the store?
(a) Go to the beach.
(b) Meet some friends of hers.
(c) Go to lunch.
(d) Go to a motel.
2. What is the name of the hotel chain Pickering's father owns?
(b) Forrest Hotels.
(c) Holiday Inn.
(d) Foster Hotels.
3. What is the ship Howard is on ordered to do as it is going to Wake Island?
(a) Head for Okinawa instead.
(b) Go to San Diego.
(c) Stay on its course to Wake.
(d) Return to Pearl Harbor.
4. In what branch of service does Joe Howard serve?
(d) Air Force.
5. What is Joe told when he asks for the check for dinner?
(a) It was billed to the Marines.
(b) It would be ready in a moment.
(c) It was paid for by Pickering's company.
(d) It was free to military personnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickering tell Knox he will do for the navy?
2. Why is the producer of a movie grateful to Dillon?
3. What do the Marines plan to do with Charley Galloway?
4. Why can't Howard be assigned to a troop?
5. What does Franklin Neville do for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Howard and Barbara when they go for dinner?
2. Where does Ellen Feller work and in what capacity?
3. Why is PFC Koffler AWOL? What will he begin at Lakehurst and with whom?
4. What happens when Koffler returns home to see Dianne?
5. From where did the attack on Pearl Harbor come, when did it occur and what was the result of the attack?
6. Why is Jack Dillon in Hollywood?
7. Who is Franklin Neville and on what subject is he an expert? What has he written on the subject?
8. What does Fleming tell Fowler about meeting Donovan, what does Fowler say about Donovan, and how does Fleming feel about Donovan?
9. In what service is Joe Howard, what award did he win, and what is his next assignment?
10. Where does Pickering meet with the President and Knox and why are they meeting?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)