|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pickering and Admiral Sayre talk about when they meet?
(a) Bringing in more Coastwatchers.
(b) Air training at the base.
(c) The disposition of troops.
(d) Martha Culhane.
2. What happened to the plane out of which Joe and Steve jumped onto Baku Island?
(a) It had mechanical problems.
(b) It returned to base.
(c) It landed on the water due to low fuel.
(d) It was shot down.
3. At what hotel is McInerney meeting with D. Franco?
(a) Senate Hotel.
(b) Marriott Hotel.
(c) Willard Hotel.
(d) Langford Hotel.
4. What do MacArthur and Pickering decide about why the chain of command exists?
(a) It exists for a reason.
(b) It is often misused.
(c) It serves no real purpose.
(d) It was put in place by those who want power.
5. What does Pick first ask his father when he goes to his father's suite?
(a) If his mother has recovered from her illness.
(b) Where is brother is being sent.
(c) If the Marines are going to invade Wake Island.
(d) What is happening at Eglin.
6. What do aerial photos of Buka show?
(a) That Reeves' radio is broken.
(b) That Reeves' jeep is broken.
(c) That Reeves is being held captive.
(d) That Reeves is ill.
7. What do Haughton and Forrest want Rickabee to do?
(a) Train more Raiders.
(b) Go to Quantico.
(c) Set up an organization to work with Coastwatchers.
(d) Join MacArthur.
8. By what nickname is Lieutenant Hon Song Do known?
9. What does Pickering ask Knox for concerning Banning's group?
(a) Two more men.
(b) Higher travel priority.
(c) More money.
(d) New radios.
10. What is missing from Koffler's car when he goes looking for Daphne?
(a) His briefcase.
(b) His dress uniform.
(c) Daphne's suitcase.
(d) His rifle.
11. In what city does Thomas Holcomb live?
(a) New York.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Washington D.C.
12. What does Barbara do when she sees Joe in Pickering's sitting room?
(a) Run into his arms.
13. What does Pickering suggest to Joe after he and Barbara reunite?
(a) She stay there for the night.
(b) They go out for dinner.
(c) Joe show Barbara the grounds.
(d) He return to her place with her.
14. How did Pickering and MacArthur travel to Melbourne?
(a) By train.
(b) On a battleship.
(c) By a commercial air flight.
(d) Army transport ship.
15. Who is also aboard Pickering's boat?
(a) Hazel Grower.
(b) Ken McCoy.
(c) Barbara Cotter.
(d) Joe Howard.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Pickering travel when he leaves with Ellen?
2. Where does Ward, Carolina, and Schneider wait for Galloway?
3. What does Pickering send to Knox when he arrives at his destination?
4. What is the name of Pickering's boat that used to be his Pacific Princess?
5. Who does Jack Stecker meet when he arrives in San Diego?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)