|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Haughton and Forrest want Rickabee to do?
(a) Set up an organization to work with Coastwatchers.
(b) Go to Quantico.
(c) Join MacArthur.
(d) Train more Raiders.
2. Who is in Pickering's house when he arrives there on July 1?
(a) Bill Macklin.
(b) Jake Dillon.
(c) Joe Howard.
(d) George Johnson.
3. What is Pickering going to watch in the Fiji Islands?
(a) Nothing, Pickering is not in the Fiji Islands.
(b) Aircraft carriers learn to have planes land on their decks.
(c) Rehearsals for Guadalcanal and Tulagi invasion.
(d) A film featuring Galloway as a pilot.
4. What injury did Joe receive in the jump?
(a) A dislocated shoulder.
(b) A broken ankle.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A sprained wrist.
5. With whom is Charley Galloway when McInerney sees him?
(a) Two men in suits.
(b) Two attractive blonds.
(c) Ellen Feller.
(d) Deborah Hathaway.
6. Where is Barbara Cotter stationed in Australia?
7. Where are the Australian Coastwatchers headquartered?
8. How does MacArthur generally learn about naval operations?
(a) From Pickering.
(b) Japanese intercept.
(c) Through Australian intelligence services.
(d) Dispatches from the war department.
9. What does Pickering see as one of the limitations of the B-17 fighter?
(a) Their wing flex.
(b) Their range.
(c) Too high a center of gravity.
(d) Their accuracy in dropping bombs.
10. Why is Barbara sent to Pickering's house?
(a) To see Joe Howard.
(b) To check out Pickerings's health.
(c) To give Koffler immunizations.
(d) To see Pickering's wife.
11. What do aerial photos of Buka show?
(a) That Reeves is ill.
(b) That Reeves' radio is broken.
(c) That Reeves' jeep is broken.
(d) That Reeves is being held captive.
12. What supply lines are the Japanese threatening?
(a) One to Hawaii.
(b) Ones to Australia and New Zealand.
(c) Ones to Alaska.
(d) To Guam and Okinawa.
13. When is Koffler promoted to sergeant?
(a) Before he left the States.
(b) He hasn't been promoted.
(c) When he returns from his mission.
(d) The night before his mission.
14. What type of transportation did Koffler and the rest of Banning's group bring?
(a) Two trucks and two cars.
(b) Two jeeps and a truck.
(c) Three jeeps.
(d) A car and a motorcycle.
15. Where is Banning staying in Australia?
(a) At the Royal Naval Base.
(b) In a motel on main street.
(c) At the Australian Army Post.
(d) In Pickering's suite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stecker suggest for the Coastwatchers since McCoy declined?
2. Where do Koffler and Reeves find Howard?
3. What do the group at the Elms talk about when Koffler arrives?
4. How does Koffler get back to Melbourne after the funeral?
5. What did most of Pickering's first letter to Knox from Melbourne contain?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)