|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macklin want to do to Koffler?
(b) Court-martial him.
(c) Give him a promotion.
(d) Give him a medal.
2. What happens to Charley when he lands?
(a) He is told to fly somewhere else.
(b) He doesn't land, he is shot down.
(c) He is promoted.
(d) He is arrested.
3. Where does Howard report for his physical?
(a) Tinker Air Force Base.
(b) The Naval Hospital.
(c) Fort Sam Houston.
(d) Walter Reed.
4. How does Koffler get into his home when he goes on leave?
(a) Through a window.
(b) His mother was home.
(c) He has a key.
(d) His neighbor let him inside.
5. What happened at the beginning of the event that made Neville think it started badly?
(a) He fell in some mud.
(b) It was raining hard.
(c) The photographers were late.
(d) He was sprayed with snow from an airplane propeller.
6. Why does Koffler go through with the parachuting ceremony?
(a) To impress Dianne.
(b) To prove his courage to his father.
(c) Because he was ordered to do it.
(d) To get some leave time.
7. Who does McInerney recommend for the film at Lakehurst?
(a) Jack Stecker.
(b) Barbara Cotter.
(c) Charley Galloway.
(d) Fleming Pickering.
8. What does Knox ask Pickering about the conversation in Fowler's office?
(a) If Pickering would change his mind about his ships.
(b) If Knox should take a civilian job.
(c) If Pickering meant it about Knox resigning.
(d) If Pickering would join the Navy.
9. What position is Jack Dillon offered with the Marines?
(a) Acting in a film about the Marines.
(b) Movie advisor.
(c) Public relations.
(d) Writing press releases.
10. What does Franklin Neville do for work?
(a) He is a contractor.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He owns an insurance company.
(d) He is a career Marine.
11. To where does Galloway fly?
(a) To the mainland.
(b) To the Arizona.
(c) To the Big Island.
(d) To the Saratoga.
12. Where did Joe Howard fly in February, 1942?
(a) To San Francisco.
(b) From Pearl Harbor to Camp Elliott.
(c) No where.
(d) To Washington D.C.
13. What kind of film is going to be made at Lakehurst?
(a) A Shakespeare play.
(b) A war movie.
(c) Public relations.
(d) A romance to cheer people up.
14. What does Dillon tell Galloway and Koffler about Neville's funeral?
(a) To avoid the press.
(b) To wear their dress blues.
(c) To not come to the funeral.
(d) Koffler will be parachuting into the grave site.
15. Where are Pickering's headquarters located?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men with whom Pickering meets planning to do?
2. Why is the producer of a movie grateful to Dillon?
3. What is Joe told when he asks for the check for dinner?
4. What does Fowler tell Fleming about the man he will be meeting?
5. Why does Knox come to Pickering's office?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)