Essay Topic 1
Counterattack is one book in a series of novels involving McCoy and the other characters. Discuss the following.
1. What are two advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Illustrate your statements with details from the text.
2. What is a disadvantage of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Illustrate your statements with details from the text.
3. Do you prefer to read a stand-alone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Although wealthy and not young enough for the draft, Fleming Pickering devotes his time and money to the war effort. He, and many other characters in this book, was very patriotic. Discuss one of the following:
1. What does patriotism mean to me? Use examples from Counterattack to support your answer.
2. Class discussion. What is patriotism? What are the advantages of a...
This section contains 2,593 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)