|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Villefort have an affair with?
2. Where does Danglars think Count Morcef was involved in a scandal?
3. Where does Fernand meet with Baroness Danglars?
4. What does Villefort say when he sees Maximillian in Valentine's room?
5. Where did Haydée hide while Greece was being attacked by the armies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Danglars react to the money his wife lost in the stock market?
2. What does Villefort find when he returns to his home after Benedetto's trial?
3. How does Valentine learn who has been poisoning her family members?
4. How is Cavalcanti finally turned into the police?
5. What does the Count do before letting Danglars go free?
6. What does the Count do just before Caderousse dies?
7. Why does the Count not eat while he is at the ball at the Morcef's house?
8. How does Maximillian get Valentine to agree to run away with him?
9. How does Fernand find out about the Count's identity, and how does he respond?
10. How does Haydee go from being a princess to a servant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Dantès's life for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters? How do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dantès is an incredibly patient man. What are some examples of this trait of his? How does this affect his life and his choices?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)