|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of living quarters does Noirtier promise to secure for him and Valentine?
2. What does the doctor think killed Madame Saint-Méran?
3. How much debt has Danglars accumulated with the Count?
4. Why is Bertruccio so surprised to see Villefort at a dinner?
5. When does Mercédès recognize the Count as Dantès?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Count convince Maximillian not to kill himself?
2. How does Caderousse say he escaped from prison?
3. What does the Count do before letting Danglars go free?
4. How does Maximillian get Valentine to agree to run away with him?
5. How is Cavalcanti finally turned into the police?
6. What does Danglars say when Albert confronts him about denouncing his father?
7. How does Danglars react to the money his wife lost in the stock market?
8. How does Noirtier feel after a priest is summoned to pray over the body of Valentine?
9. How does Haydee secure the denouncement of Fernand?
10. Why does the Count not eat while he is at the ball at the Morcef's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Dumas have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Who were the victims of Dantès's lust for revenge? How does he take his revenge on these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Dantès is an incredibly patient man. What are some examples of this trait of his? How does this affect his life and his choices?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)