|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person to pray over Valentine's grave?
2. Why does Haydée refuse to leave the Count?
3. What does Albert choose to do when he hears the truth about his father?
4. Where does Fernand meet with Baroness Danglars?
5. Who does Villefort ask about the Count's intentions in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fernand find out about the Count's identity, and how does he respond?
2. How does Maximillian get Valentine to agree to run away with him?
3. What shocking information comes forth at Benedetto's trial?
4. How does Valentine learn who has been poisoning her family members?
5. Why does the Count not eat while he is at the ball at the Morcef's house?
6. How does Danglars react to the money his wife lost in the stock market?
7. What does the Count do just before Caderousse dies?
8. How is Cavalcanti finally turned into the police?
9. What is Bertruccio so surprised about when the Count holds a dinner party at his house?
10. Why do the Villeforts' leave the ball at the Morcef's early?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters? How do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Dantès's life for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 3
How does Faria's religious fervor affect Dantès in his future life outside of the prison?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)