|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Villefort shocked about when she is in Valentine's room in the morning?
2. Who did Villefort have an affair with?
3. Who plans to rob the Count's house?
4. How long does the Count say it will take him to cheer up Maximillian?
5. Who tries to tell the Count not to kill Albert in the duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Count convince Maximillian not to kill himself?
2. Why do the Villeforts' leave the ball at the Morcef's early?
3. What is Bertruccio so surprised about when the Count holds a dinner party at his house?
4. How does Noirtier feel after a priest is summoned to pray over the body of Valentine?
5. How does Valentine learn who has been poisoning her family members?
6. What has Noirtier been giving Valentine every day? Why?
7. What does Danglars say when Albert confronts him about denouncing his father?
8. What does the Count do just before Caderousse dies?
9. What does the Count do before letting Danglars go free?
10. What shocking information comes forth at Benedetto's trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were the victims of Dantès's lust for revenge? How does he take his revenge on these characters?
Essay Topic 2
What does Dantès learn from his time in prison? How does this knowledge affect his life when he finally escaped the prison?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this? What are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)