|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Count when Albert challenges him to a duel?
2. Why will Valentine not run away with Maximillian?
3. How many francs does Madame Danglars lose after the false newspaper article?
4. What is Madame Villefort shocked about when she is in Valentine's room in the morning?
5. What does Eugenie dress like to flee the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caderousse say he escaped from prison?
2. What has Noirtier been giving Valentine every day? Why?
3. What does Danglars say when Albert confronts him about denouncing his father?
4. Why do the Villeforts' leave the ball at the Morcef's early?
5. What shocking information comes forth at Benedetto's trial?
6. How does Maximillian feel when he wakes up after taking the potion? Why?
7. What does Villefort find when he returns to his home after Benedetto's trial?
8. How does Noirtier feel after a priest is summoned to pray over the body of Valentine?
9. What is Bertruccio so surprised about when the Count holds a dinner party at his house?
10. How does Fernand find out about the Count's identity, and how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which of these characters are most motivated by jealousy? How does jealousy affect their actions and lives?
Essay Topic 2
Who were the victims of Dantès's lust for revenge? How does he take his revenge on these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Dantès is an incredibly patient man. What are some examples of this trait of his? How does this affect his life and his choices?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)