|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Villefort's wife?
2. Where is the treasure Faria has a map to?
3. What is the first thing Dantès does when he gets to port after escaping?
4. How did Fernand become a Count?
5. Where does Villefort plan to go after Dantès is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faria die?
2. Why does Dantès make an unscheduled stop? What does he do there?
3. Why does the Count return the nicest horses in Paris? What does he do to make amends?
4. What happens when Franz tries to revisit Sinbad's grotto?
5. Why does Dantès decide to kill himself, and how does he intend to do this?
6. What does Caderousse say happened to Villefort after Dantès was imprisoned?
7. What does Caderousse give the Italian Priest before he leaves?
8. What does Dantès do when he visits Morrell's creditors?
9. How does Dantès get alone on the island with the treasure? What does he do while he is alone?
10. Why does Villefort change his mind about being merciful to Dantès?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 2
Who were the victims of Dantès's lust for revenge? How does he take his revenge on these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Maximillian and Valentine. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)