|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who once owned the home that the Count buys?
2. Why does Albert wander away from Franz during the carnival?
3. What was the name of the Captain who gave Dantès the letter in question?
4. How did Fernand become a Count?
5. Where does Maximillian meet his secret love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Valentine say Madame Villefort is jealous of her?
2. What does Villefort ask his father-in-law for after Dantès is arrested?
3. What kind of potion does Madame Villefort request from the Count? What warning does he give her about it?
4. How is Albert kidnapped by Luigi Vampa and his bandits?
5. What kind of plans do Faria and Dantès work out together in prison?
6. How does Peppino escape execution? Why has this been done?
7. How does Dantès get to the island with the treasure on it?
8. What does Caderousse give the Italian Priest before he leaves?
9. What do Fernand and Danglars do to Dantès as revenge?
10. Why does Faria think Dantès was imprisoned when he hears the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dantès is able to forgive some of the men who did him wrong, but not all of them. Who was he not able to forgive? How does this inability to forgive affect his life and theirs?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets? How does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
Who were the victims of Dantès's lust for revenge? How does he take his revenge on these characters?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)