|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Julie's husband?
2. How does Dantès escape from the prison?
3. What happens when the Baron Franz d'Epinay tries to find the grotto with the treasure?
4. Where is Dantès when he is arrested?
5. What was the name of the Captain who gave Dantès the letter in question?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Fernand and Danglars do to Dantès as revenge?
2. What happens to Villefort when Napoleon comes in and out of power?
3. Why does Faria think Dantès was imprisoned when he hears the story?
4. Why does Dantès ask his boss for leave time?
5. What does Franz do when he cannot raise the funds for Albert's ransom?
6. What happens when Franz tries to revisit Sinbad's grotto?
7. How does Dantès get to the island with the treasure on it?
8. Why does Dantès decide to kill himself, and how does he intend to do this?
9. What is Villefort doing when first called to meet Dantès?
10. How does Dantès get transportation to the nearest port after his escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances? How were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 2
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes? How does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 3
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Maximillian and Valentine. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)