|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valentine's grandmother want her to get married so soon?
(a) So she can be a young wife.
(b) So she can beat the winter.
(c) So she can get her inheritance.
(d) So she will be alive to see it.
2. Who does Danglars want his daughter to marry?
(a) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(b) Benedetto Villefort.
(c) Andrea Cavalcanti.
3. What does the Count tell a group of people he dug up in his back yard?
(a) A preserved will.
(b) A bag of silver pieces.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A silver box.
4. Who else had drunk from the drink that killed Barrois?
(d) Madame Danglars.
5. Why does Haydée refuse to leave the Count?
(a) She trusts no one else.
(b) She has made a vow to him.
(c) She wants to protect him.
(d) She loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been poisoning the Villefort family members?
2. Why does Noirtier tell Valentine to wait before running away?
3. Why will Valentine not run away with Maximillian?
4. What does Albert choose to do when he hears the truth about his father?
5. Who did Villefort have an affair with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Count convince Maximillian not to kill himself?
2. How does Caderousse say he escaped from prison?
3. How does Maximillian feel when he wakes up after taking the potion? Why?
4. How does Danglars react to the money his wife lost in the stock market?
5. What is Bertruccio so surprised about when the Count holds a dinner party at his house?
6. What does Villefort find when he returns to his home after Benedetto's trial?
7. How does Noirtier feel after a priest is summoned to pray over the body of Valentine?
8. How does Haydee go from being a princess to a servant?
9. Why do the Villeforts' leave the ball at the Morcef's early?
10. What does the Count do just before Caderousse dies?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)