|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Count decide to go to the ball Albert invites him to?
(a) Haydée says she would like to see Fernand again.
(b) He hears Mercédès wants him to come.
(c) He sees another chance to implicate Danglars.
(d) He knows Madame Villefort will be there.
2. What does the doctor think killed Madame Saint-Méran?
(a) Stress and panic.
(b) Old age.
(c) A seizure.
3. What does the Count disguise himself as when he rents the house next to Noirtier?
(a) The Priest.
(b) Sinbad the Sailor.
(c) The English Gentleman.
(d) An investor.
4. What did Haydée used to be before she became a servant?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A baroness.
(c) A princess.
(d) An actress.
5. What does Mercédès plead with the Count not to do?
(a) Leave her presence.
(b) Reveal her identity.
(c) Disgrace her husband.
(d) Kill her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Count say he has not finished one of the rooms in his house?
2. What is Beauchamp's occupation?
3. What does Villefort say when he sees Maximillian in Valentine's room?
4. What kind of living quarters does Noirtier promise to secure for him and Valentine?
5. How long does the Count say it will take him to cheer up Maximillian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Villefort find when he returns to his home after Benedetto's trial?
2. How is Cavalcanti finally turned into the police?
3. Why do the Villeforts' leave the ball at the Morcef's early?
4. How does Maximillian get Valentine to agree to run away with him?
5. What does the Count do before letting Danglars go free?
6. What has Noirtier been giving Valentine every day? Why?
7. How does Caderousse say he escaped from prison?
8. What is Bertruccio so surprised about when the Count holds a dinner party at his house?
9. How does Maximillian feel when he wakes up after taking the potion? Why?
10. What does the Count do just before Caderousse dies?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)