|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Count want Maximillian to meet him on the Isle of Monte Cristo?
(a) October 15th.
(b) November 25th.
(c) November 5th.
(d) October 5th.
2. What does the Count disguise himself as when he rents the house next to Noirtier?
(a) The English Gentleman.
(b) Sinbad the Sailor.
(c) An investor.
(d) The Priest.
3. What does Eugenie tell her father she refuses to do?
(a) Hold his arm at her wedding.
(b) Invite the Count to her wedding reception.
(c) Marry Andrea Cavalcanti.
(d) Have a winter wedding.
4. Where does Fernand meet with Baroness Danglars?
(a) His daughter's garden.
(b) The shipyard.
(c) His office.
(d) A church.
5. Why is Maximillian angry when he first wakes up after taking the potion?
(a) He is alone on the island.
(b) Mercédès is not with him.
(c) He wanted to sleep longer.
(d) He thought he was taking poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of living quarters does Noirtier promise to secure for him and Valentine?
2. Why does Valentine's grandmother want her to get married so soon?
3. When does Mercédès recognize the Count as Dantès?
4. What does the Count tell a group of people he dug up in his back yard?
5. Who did Villefort have an affair with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocking information comes forth at Benedetto's trial?
2. How does Caderousse say he escaped from prison?
3. How does Valentine learn who has been poisoning her family members?
4. What does Danglars say when Albert confronts him about denouncing his father?
5. What does Villefort find when he returns to his home after Benedetto's trial?
6. How does Maximillian get Valentine to agree to run away with him?
7. How does Maximillian feel when he wakes up after taking the potion? Why?
8. How does the Count convince Maximillian not to kill himself?
9. What does the Count do before letting Danglars go free?
10. How does Haydee go from being a princess to a servant?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)