|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Count decide to go to the ball Albert invites him to?
(a) Haydée says she would like to see Fernand again.
(b) He knows Madame Villefort will be there.
(c) He sees another chance to implicate Danglars.
(d) He hears Mercédès wants him to come.
2. What does the Count tell a group of people he dug up in his back yard?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A silver box.
(c) A bag of silver pieces.
(d) A preserved will.
3. Who is Danglars's daughter supposed to marry?
(a) Maximillian Morrell.
(b) Albert Morcef.
(c) Benedetto Villefort.
(d) Franz DeEpipsy.
4. What does Mercédès plead with the Count not to do?
(a) Disgrace her husband.
(b) Reveal her identity.
(c) Kill her son.
(d) Leave her presence.
5. Who calls off the duel between the Count and Albert?
(a) The Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pill the Count gives Valentine cause her to do?
2. Who does Albert vow to kill?
3. Why will Valentine not run away with Maximillian?
4. How did Danglars tell his wife he was leaving her?
5. Where does Fernand meet with Baroness Danglars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Danglars say when Albert confronts him about denouncing his father?
2. How does Haydee go from being a princess to a servant?
3. How does the Count convince Maximillian not to kill himself?
4. How does Danglars react to the money his wife lost in the stock market?
5. What shocking information comes forth at Benedetto's trial?
6. How is Cavalcanti finally turned into the police?
7. Why do the Villeforts' leave the ball at the Morcef's early?
8. What is Bertruccio so surprised about when the Count holds a dinner party at his house?
9. Why does the Count not eat while he is at the ball at the Morcef's house?
10. What does the Count do just before Caderousse dies?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)