|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Albert pan to go after her mother retrieves the money from Marseilles?
2. Who does the Count apologize to near the end of the book?
3. What does the doctor think killed Madame Saint-Méran?
(a) Old age.
(b) A seizure.
(d) Stress and panic.
4. Who gives the testimony that denounces Fernand?
(a) Sinbad the Sailor.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) Haydée .
(d) Valentine Villefort.
5. What did Haydée used to be before she became a servant?
(a) A baroness.
(b) A princess.
(c) An actress.
(d) A prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Count want Maximillian to meet him on the Isle of Monte Cristo?
2. What does Villefort say when he sees Maximillian in Valentine's room?
3. What does Barrois drink that was poisoned?
4. What does Eugenie tell her father she refuses to do?
5. Who does Danglars want his daughter to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fernand find out about the Count's identity, and how does he respond?
2. What does the Count do just before Caderousse dies?
3. How does the Count convince Maximillian not to kill himself?
4. How does Valentine learn who has been poisoning her family members?
5. What shocking information comes forth at Benedetto's trial?
6. How does Haydee secure the denouncement of Fernand?
7. What is Bertruccio so surprised about when the Count holds a dinner party at his house?
8. Why does the Count not eat while he is at the ball at the Morcef's house?
9. What does Danglars say when Albert confronts him about denouncing his father?
10. How does Maximillian get Valentine to agree to run away with him?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)