|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else had drunk from the drink that killed Barrois?
(a) Madame Danglars.
2. Why does the Count decide to go to the ball Albert invites him to?
(a) He knows Madame Villefort will be there.
(b) He sees another chance to implicate Danglars.
(c) Haydée says she would like to see Fernand again.
(d) He hears Mercédès wants him to come.
3. Who is Fernand Morcef accused of murdering?
(a) General Quesel.
(b) Madame Saint Méran.
(d) Ali Pasha.
4. Who does the Count apologize to near the end of the book?
5. Who does Villefort ask about the Count's intentions in Paris?
(a) Some of the Count's servants.
(b) A priest.
(c) A police officer.
(d) His spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Noirtier tell Valentine to wait before running away?
2. How many francs does Madame Danglars lose after the false newspaper article?
3. How long does the Count say it will take him to cheer up Maximillian?
4. What does Barrois drink that was poisoned?
5. What kind of living quarters does Noirtier promise to secure for him and Valentine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocking information comes forth at Benedetto's trial?
2. What has Noirtier been giving Valentine every day? Why?
3. What is Bertruccio so surprised about when the Count holds a dinner party at his house?
4. What does Villefort find when he returns to his home after Benedetto's trial?
5. What does the Count do just before Caderousse dies?
6. How does Maximillian get Valentine to agree to run away with him?
7. How does Danglars react to the money his wife lost in the stock market?
8. Why does the Count not eat while he is at the ball at the Morcef's house?
9. How does Noirtier feel after a priest is summoned to pray over the body of Valentine?
10. What does the Count do before letting Danglars go free?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)