|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Danglars hate Dantès?
(a) Dantès won a large sum of money at cards.
(b) Dantès cheated him.
(c) Danglars loves Maria.
(d) Danglars is jealous of his promotion.
2. Where is the strange man who visits Morrell's investors from?
3. What causes Villefort to change his mind about forgiving Dantès?
(a) He has information against Villefort's father.
(b) He gets a bribe from Fernand and Danglars.
(c) He says a threatening statement.
(d) He wants to marry Mercédès.
4. Where does Fernand see Dantès walking at the beginning of the book?
(a) In the streets.
(b) In the marketplace.
(c) At the harbor.
(d) On the hills.
5. What is the name of the servant who helps the Count buy his home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mercédès's son?
2. What kind of passport does Dantès receive after getting his treasure?
3. How does Dantès get a few days alone on the island with the treasure?
4. What is Morrell's daughter's name?
5. Who takes Dantès to the next port after he escapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dantès get to the island with the treasure on it?
2. What happens when Franz tries to revisit Sinbad's grotto?
3. What does Bertruccio see Villefort doing when he followed him one night?
4. Why does Dantès make an unscheduled stop? What does he do there?
5. What does Dantès do when he visits Morrell's creditors?
6. How does Mercédès react to meeting the Count of Monte Cristo?
7. How does Edmond's father die? What happens after this?
8. Why does Villefort change his mind about being merciful to Dantès?
9. What does the Italian Priest give Caderousse? Why?
10. What does the Count hire two men on the street to do for him?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)