|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who is scheduled to be executed during the carnival?
2. Who is at Villefort's house after Dantès is arrested?
3. What does Caderousse want to do to get more money for his diamond?
(a) Harm the jeweler.
(b) Get the jeweler drunk.
(c) Lie about where the diamond came from.
(d) Bribe the jeweler.
4. How does Dantès escape from the prison?
(a) He finishes the tunnel.
(b) He scales the wall out the window.
(c) He kills a guard and takes his keys.
(d) He hides in Faria's burial shroud.
5. What city does Dantès visit after getting his passport?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captures Albert?
2. What does the Count notice on display when he visits Julie's house?
3. Who does Villefort ask his father-in-law to help him meet?
4. What does Dantès ask Morrel leave for?
5. Where does Albert's family live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Franz tries to revisit Sinbad's grotto?
2. How does Dantès escape the prison?
3. What is the source of the strange scraping sound Dantès hears after he decides to kill himself?
4. What does Caderousse give the Italian Priest before he leaves?
5. How does Dantès get alone on the island with the treasure? What does he do while he is alone?
6. How does Mercédès react to meeting the Count of Monte Cristo?
7. How does Peppino escape execution? Why has this been done?
8. Why does Dantès make an unscheduled stop? What does he do there?
9. What does the Count hire two men on the street to do for him?
10. Why does the Count return the nicest horses in Paris? What does he do to make amends?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)