|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Franz ask help to pay Albert's ransom?
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
2. What city does Dantès visit after getting his passport?
3. What is the name of the prison Dantès is kept in?
(a) Chateau D'Jeau.
(b) Chateau d'If.
(c) Castle D'in.
(d) Cantref d'Flight.
4. Who takes Dantès to the next port after he escapes?
(a) A convoy of soldiers.
(b) A royal hermitage.
(c) A messenger ship.
(d) A smugglers boat.
5. Who is most afraid of the power of the Bonapartists?
(b) Prince Edward.
(c) King Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the man who once owned the Count's house related to Villefort?
2. What is the name of Villefort's wife?
3. What does the Count notice on display when he visits Julie's house?
4. How does Dantès get a few days alone on the island with the treasure?
5. What does Mercédès say to her son after meeting the Count of Monte Cristo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Villefort when Napoleon comes in and out of power?
2. Why does Mercédès refuse Fernand's proposal?
3. Why does Dantès decide to kill himself, and how does he intend to do this?
4. What kind of potion does Madame Villefort request from the Count? What warning does he give her about it?
5. What happens when Franz tries to revisit Sinbad's grotto?
6. Why does Dantès ask his boss for leave time?
7. What do Fernand and Danglars do to Dantès as revenge?
8. Why does the Count want Madame Villefort to see the chemicals in his house?
9. Why does Dantès make an unscheduled stop? What does he do there?
10. What does Dantès do when he visits Morrell's creditors?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)