|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fernand become a Count?
(a) He bought his title.
(b) He married a countess.
(c) He was promoted in the military.
(d) He was willed the title when his father died.
2. Where does Franz go when he cannot find Albert?
(a) The Count's house.
(b) The train station.
(c) The town square.
(d) His room.
3. Why does Fernand not want to kill Dantès?
(a) He needs to get some answers.
(b) He would feel too guilty.
(c) His fiancé might commit suicide.
(d) He wants him to suffer.
4. What does the Count teach Madame Villefort about poison?
(a) Using it without it being detected.
(b) The affects of different kinds of poison.
(c) Poisons without taste.
(d) Becoming immune to it.
5. Where is the strange man who visits Morrell's investors from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count's servant call Villefort?
2. What was Faria's title before he died?
3. What does Caderousse do when he starts to feel uneasy?
4. What does Haydée do when she sees Fernand?
5. What does Dantès threaten to hit his guards with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caderousse give the Italian Priest before he leaves?
2. Why does Mercédès refuse Fernand's proposal?
3. What kind of plans do Faria and Dantès work out together in prison?
4. Why does Valentine say Madame Villefort is jealous of her?
5. How does Dantès get the treasure off the island?
6. What happens to Villefort when Napoleon comes in and out of power?
7. Why does Dantès ask his boss for leave time?
8. How does Julie get the money needed for her father's debts?
9. What does Caderousse plan to do to get more money for his diamond?
10. Why does Villefort change his mind about being merciful to Dantès?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)