|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Dantès visit after getting his passport?
2. Where is the treasure Faria has a map to?
(a) Monte Cristo.
(d) A French dungeon.
3. What kind of potion does Madame Villefort ask the Count for?
4. What happens when the Baron Franz d'Epinay tries to find the grotto with the treasure?
(a) He gets trapped inside.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It is all caved in.
(d) It is badly marked.
5. To what political party does Villefort say he belongs?
(a) King's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at Villefort's house after Dantès is arrested?
2. Where is Dantès when he is arrested?
3. Who killed the man who owned the treasure that Faria has a map to?
4. How does Albert contact Franz after he has been captured?
5. Who is Maximillian secretly in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dantès threaten to do to his guards? What is their response?
2. What is Villefort doing when first called to meet Dantès?
3. How does Edmond's father die? What happens after this?
4. What does Franz do when he cannot raise the funds for Albert's ransom?
5. Why does Faria think Dantès was imprisoned when he hears the story?
6. What is the source of the strange scraping sound Dantès hears after he decides to kill himself?
7. What does Caderousse plan to do to get more money for his diamond?
8. Why does Villefort change his mind about being merciful to Dantès?
9. What does Dantès do when he visits Morrell's creditors?
10. What happens to Villefort when Napoleon comes in and out of power?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)