|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Dantès about who turned him in to prison?
2. Who consoles Mercédès when Edmond is arrested?
(d) Edmond's father.
3. Who did the boy who is scheduled to be executed once work for?
(a) Luigi Vampa.
(b) Cardinal Spada.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
4. How long was Edmond in prison?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 14 years.
(d) 12 years.
5. Which of the following men does Edmond NOT want revenge from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fernand not want to kill Dantès?
2. How does Albert contact Franz after he has been captured?
3. What is Danglars's occupation at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Dantès escape from the prison?
5. What does the Count notice on display when he visits Julie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dantès get to the island with the treasure on it?
2. What does the Count hire two men on the street to do for him?
3. How does Dantès get transportation to the nearest port after his escape?
4. Why does Dantès decide to kill himself, and how does he intend to do this?
5. Why does Valentine say Madame Villefort is jealous of her?
6. How is Albert kidnapped by Luigi Vampa and his bandits?
7. How does Mercédès react to meeting the Count of Monte Cristo?
8. Why does Villefort change his mind about being merciful to Dantès?
9. Why does Dantès make an unscheduled stop? What does he do there?
10. Why does the Count want Madame Villefort to see the chemicals in his house?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)