|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Faria's title before he died?
2. What did the Count's servant name the child he adopted?
3. Where does Danglars go when Napoleon regains power?
4. What does Dantès threaten to hit his guards with?
(a) A rock.
(b) A bucket.
(c) His chains.
(d) A stool.
5. Where does Maximillian meet his secret love?
(a) At church.
(b) At the market.
(c) In the school yard.
(d) In her garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dantès tell Caderousse happened to Edmond?
2. How does Dantès get a few days alone on the island with the treasure?
3. Who tells the King of the plot Edmond uncovered?
4. Where are dead prisoners buried?
5. Why does Villefort decide to forgive Dantès when he first hears his case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dantès escape the prison?
2. What happens when Franz tries to revisit Sinbad's grotto?
3. Why does the Count return the nicest horses in Paris? What does he do to make amends?
4. Why does Mercédès refuse Fernand's proposal?
5. How does Julie get the money needed for her father's debts?
6. How does Mercédès react to meeting the Count of Monte Cristo?
7. What does Maximillian Morrell ask the Count of Monte Cristo for information about?
8. What does Dantès threaten to do to his guards? What is their response?
9. How does Dantès get the treasure off the island?
10. Why does Faria think Dantès was imprisoned when he hears the story?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)