|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count's servant call Villefort?
(a) A demon.
(b) A kindly man.
(c) A manipulator.
(d) A villain.
2. Where does Villefort plan to go after Dantès is arrested?
(b) New York.
3. Who tells the King of the plot Edmond uncovered?
4. Why does the Count's servant hate Villefort?
(a) He slept with his sister.
(b) He shamed his family name.
(c) He posed as a Bonapartist as a spy.
(d) He did not help get avenge his brother's death.
5. How does Albert contact Franz after he has been captured?
(a) He sends a telegram.
(b) He sends a messenger.
(c) He writes on the window.
(d) He writes a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Dantès to the next port after he escapes?
2. What rank is Morrell's son in the army?
3. What is Morrell's daughter's name?
4. What is Luigi Vampa's occupation?
5. Who did the boy who is scheduled to be executed once work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caderousse plan to do to get more money for his diamond?
2. How does Dantès get the treasure off the island?
3. What kind of potion does Madame Villefort request from the Count? What warning does he give her about it?
4. How does Dantès escape the prison?
5. What happens when Franz tries to revisit Sinbad's grotto?
6. Why does the Count return the nicest horses in Paris? What does he do to make amends?
7. How does Dantès get alone on the island with the treasure? What does he do while he is alone?
8. How does Faria die?
9. What is the source of the strange scraping sound Dantès hears after he decides to kill himself?
10. How does Peppino escape execution? Why has this been done?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)