|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Noirtier doing when the Priest leaves Valentine's room?
(a) Humming and reading.
(b) Sleeping and smiling.
(c) Sleeping and snoring.
(d) Choking and gagging.
2. What does the Count disguise himself as when he rents the house next to Noirtier?
(a) The English Gentleman.
(b) Sinbad the Sailor.
(c) The Priest.
(d) An investor.
3. Why does the Count say he has not finished one of the rooms in his house?
(a) He feels the spirit of a mother there.
(b) He likes it too much to change it.
(c) He wants a woman to design it.
(d) He has been too busy.
4. Why does Noirtier tell Valentine to wait before running away?
(a) He wants to help her.
(b) He wants to prepare to go with her.
(c) He needs to get some money for her.
(d) He wants to tell Villefort.
5. Where does Albert pan to go after her mother retrieves the money from Marseilles?
6. Who gives the testimony that denounces Fernand?
(a) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(b) Sinbad the Sailor.
(c) Haydée .
(d) Valentine Villefort.
7. When does Mercédès recognize the Count as Dantès?
(a) The minute she saw him.
(b) When he started laughing.
(c) When he was drinking some wine.
(d) The time she saw him twirling his hair.
8. Where is the Count when Albert challenges him to a duel?
(a) The opera.
(b) His house.
(c) A church meeting.
(d) The courthouse.
9. What is Beauchamp's occupation?
(d) Ship builder.
10. Who plans to tell Benedetto who his father is?
(b) The Count.
11. Who did Villefort have an affair with?
(b) The Countess De Morcef.
(c) Baroness Danglars.
12. Who does the Count bribe to get a false newspaper article printed?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A telegrapher.
(c) The newspaper owner.
(d) The editor.
13. Why does Haydée refuse to leave the Count?
(a) She trusts no one else.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She has made a vow to him.
(d) She wants to protect him.
14. Who plans to rob the Count's house?
15. Why is Bertruccio so surprised to see Villefort at a dinner?
(a) He thought he lived in Spain.
(b) He thought he killed him.
(c) He read an article about him being dead.
(d) He thought he had been in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Villefort shocked about when she is in Valentine's room in the morning?
2. How long does the Count say it will take him to cheer up Maximillian?
3. What does the doctor think killed Madame Saint-Méran?
4. What does Danglars say when Fernand tries to set up a marriage between their children?
5. What does Eugenie dress like to flee the country?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)