|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugenie dress like to flee the country?
(a) A man.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A nun.
(d) A servant.
2. What causes the Count to help Maximillian with the poisonings?
(a) Hearing Maximillian talk about his father.
(b) Hearing Valentine is in trouble.
(c) Knowing it might be Noirtier doing the poisoning.
(d) Seeing how much Maximillian loves Valentine.
3. What does Villefort say when he sees Maximillian in Valentine's room?
(a) Commands him to leave.
(b) Falls into his arms.
(c) Accuses him of killing her.
(d) Laughs in his face.
4. Why is Maximillian angry when he first wakes up after taking the potion?
(a) Mercédès is not with him.
(b) He is alone on the island.
(c) He wanted to sleep longer.
(d) He thought he was taking poison.
5. How many francs does Madame Danglars lose after the false newspaper article?
(a) One million.
(b) Ten thousand
(c) One thousand.
(d) One hundred thousand.
6. Why does the Count decide to go to the ball Albert invites him to?
(a) He knows Madame Villefort will be there.
(b) Haydée says she would like to see Fernand again.
(c) He hears Mercédès wants him to come.
(d) He sees another chance to implicate Danglars.
7. Who is Danglars's daughter supposed to marry?
(a) Franz DeEpipsy.
(b) Benedetto Villefort.
(c) Albert Morcef.
(d) Maximillian Morrell.
8. Who does Villefort ask about the Count's intentions in Paris?
(a) Some of the Count's servants.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A priest.
(d) His spy.
9. How long does the Count say it will take him to cheer up Maximillian?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) A day.
(d) A week.
10. Where did Dantès bury money for Mercédès?
(a) Next to his father's grave.
(b) Her garden in Marseilles.
(c) In their special cave.
(d) In a church yard in Marseilles.
11. What does Villefort tell his wife to do to avoid bringing scandal to the family?
(a) Sign some divorce papers.
(b) Admit her faults.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Kill herself.
12. What does Barrois drink that was poisoned?
(a) Grape juice.
13. Why does the Count say he has not finished one of the rooms in his house?
(a) He likes it too much to change it.
(b) He wants a woman to design it.
(c) He has been too busy.
(d) He feels the spirit of a mother there.
14. How does Fernand die?
(a) He is poisoned by Baroness Danglars.
(b) He shoots himself.
(c) Dantès kills him in a duel.
(d) He jumps off a cliff.
15. Who gives the testimony that denounces Fernand?
(a) Sinbad the Sailor.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) Haydée .
(d) Valentine Villefort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Villefort have an affair with?
2. Who is Fernand Morcef accused of murdering?
3. What does Eugenie tell her father she refuses to do?
4. What does the doctor think killed Madame Saint-Méran?
5. What does Albert choose to do when he hears the truth about his father?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)