|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mercédès plead with the Count not to do?
(a) Disgrace her husband.
(b) Reveal her identity.
(c) Leave her presence.
(d) Kill her son.
2. Who is Danglars's daughter supposed to marry?
(a) Franz DeEpipsy.
(b) Benedetto Villefort.
(c) Maximillian Morrell.
(d) Albert Morcef.
3. Who did Villefort have an affair with?
(b) The Countess De Morcef.
(d) Baroness Danglars.
4. Where does Albert pan to go after her mother retrieves the money from Marseilles?
5. Who tries to tell the Count not to kill Albert in the duel?
(a) Baron Danglars.
(b) Valentine Villefort.
(d) Maximillian Morrel.
6. Who does the Count apologize to near the end of the book?
7. Who does Villefort ask about the Count's intentions in Paris?
(a) A police officer.
(b) His spy.
(c) A priest.
(d) Some of the Count's servants.
8. How did Danglars tell his wife he was leaving her?
(a) He sent a telegram.
(b) He wrote a letter.
(c) He sent a messenger.
(d) He told her in person.
9. Where does the Count take Maximillian when they travel?
10. What kind of living quarters does Noirtier promise to secure for him and Valentine?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A house.
(d) A studio flat.
11. Who takes Danglars to Luigi Vampa?
12. Why does the Count say he has not finished one of the rooms in his house?
(a) He feels the spirit of a mother there.
(b) He has been too busy.
(c) He likes it too much to change it.
(d) He wants a woman to design it.
13. Who has been poisoning the Villefort family members?
(a) Madame Saint Méran.
(b) Madame Villefort.
14. What did Haydée used to be before she became a servant?
(a) An actress.
(b) A princess.
(c) A baroness.
(d) A prostitute.
15. Who does Danglars want his daughter to marry?
(a) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(b) Andrea Cavalcanti.
(d) Benedetto Villefort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fernand meet with Baroness Danglars?
2. Who does Benedetto think is his father?
3. Who plans to tell Benedetto who his father is?
4. What does Albert choose to do when he hears the truth about his father?
5. What does Villefort tell his wife to do to avoid bringing scandal to the family?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)