|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Villefort tell his wife to do to avoid bringing scandal to the family?
(a) Sign some divorce papers.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Admit her faults.
2. What causes the Count to help Maximillian with the poisonings?
(a) Hearing Valentine is in trouble.
(b) Hearing Maximillian talk about his father.
(c) Knowing it might be Noirtier doing the poisoning.
(d) Seeing how much Maximillian loves Valentine.
3. Who gives the testimony that denounces Fernand?
(a) Valentine Villefort.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) Haydée .
(d) Sinbad the Sailor.
4. Who is the last person to pray over Valentine's grave?
(c) The Count.
(d) Madame Villefort.
5. Why does Valentine's grandmother want her to get married so soon?
(a) So she can be a young wife.
(b) So she can beat the winter.
(c) So she can get her inheritance.
(d) So she will be alive to see it.
6. Who else had drunk from the drink that killed Barrois?
(c) Madame Danglars.
7. Where does the Count take Maximillian when they travel?
8. Why is Maximillian angry when he first wakes up after taking the potion?
(a) He wanted to sleep longer.
(b) Mercédès is not with him.
(c) He is alone on the island.
(d) He thought he was taking poison.
9. What does the doctor think killed Madame Saint-Méran?
(a) A seizure.
(b) Stress and panic.
(c) Old age.
10. How does Fernand die?
(a) Dantès kills him in a duel.
(b) He jumps off a cliff.
(c) He is poisoned by Baroness Danglars.
(d) He shoots himself.
11. Where does Danglars think Count Morcef was involved in a scandal?
12. How long does the Count say it will take him to cheer up Maximillian?
(a) A year.
(b) A day.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
13. Who calls off the duel between the Count and Albert?
(b) The Count.
14. Who does the Count bribe to get a false newspaper article printed?
(a) A telegrapher.
(b) The newspaper owner.
(c) The editor.
(d) A reporter.
15. Who takes Danglars to Luigi Vampa?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fernand meet with Baroness Danglars?
2. Why does the Count decide to go to the ball Albert invites him to?
3. What does the Count disguise himself as when he rents the house next to Noirtier?
4. Where does the Count want Maximillian to meet him on the Isle of Monte Cristo?
5. What does Eugenie dress like to flee the country?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)