|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count tell a group of people he dug up in his back yard?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A bag of silver pieces.
(c) A preserved will.
(d) A silver box.
2. Who is Danglars's daughter supposed to marry?
(a) Franz DeEpipsy.
(b) Maximillian Morrell.
(c) Benedetto Villefort.
(d) Albert Morcef.
3. What does Villefort tell his wife to do to avoid bringing scandal to the family?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Sign some divorce papers.
(c) Admit her faults.
(d) Leave the country.
4. Who did Villefort have an affair with?
(a) The Countess De Morcef.
(d) Baroness Danglars.
5. Why is Maximillian angry when he first wakes up after taking the potion?
(a) He is alone on the island.
(b) He wanted to sleep longer.
(c) He thought he was taking poison.
(d) Mercédès is not with him.
6. Who plans to tell Benedetto who his father is?
(a) The Count.
7. Where did Dantès bury money for Mercédès?
(a) Her garden in Marseilles.
(b) In a church yard in Marseilles.
(c) Next to his father's grave.
(d) In their special cave.
8. Why does the Count say he has not finished one of the rooms in his house?
(a) He likes it too much to change it.
(b) He wants a woman to design it.
(c) He feels the spirit of a mother there.
(d) He has been too busy.
9. Who does the Count bribe to get a false newspaper article printed?
(a) A telegrapher.
(b) The editor.
(c) The newspaper owner.
(d) A reporter.
10. Who gives the testimony that denounces Fernand?
(a) Valentine Villefort.
(b) Haydée .
(c) Sinbad the Sailor.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
11. What causes the Count to help Maximillian with the poisonings?
(a) Hearing Maximillian talk about his father.
(b) Knowing it might be Noirtier doing the poisoning.
(c) Seeing how much Maximillian loves Valentine.
(d) Hearing Valentine is in trouble.
12. What kind of living quarters does Noirtier promise to secure for him and Valentine?
(a) A cottage.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A house.
(d) A studio flat.
13. Who does the Count apologize to near the end of the book?
14. What does Danglars say when Fernand tries to set up a marriage between their children?
(a) He asks for some time to think over the matters.
(b) He gladly accepts.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He asks Albert to ask Eugenie himself.
15. How much debt has Danglars accumulated with the Count?
(a) 9 million francs.
(b) 8 million francs.
(c) 7 million francs.
(d) 6 million francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person to pray over Valentine's grave?
2. What kind of abode to Mercédès and Albert live in after they leave Fernand?
3. Who does Benedetto think is his father?
4. How many francs does Madame Danglars lose after the false newspaper article?
5. Where did Haydée hide while Greece was being attacked by the armies?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)