|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Count to help Maximillian with the poisonings?
(a) Hearing Maximillian talk about his father.
(b) Knowing it might be Noirtier doing the poisoning.
(c) Seeing how much Maximillian loves Valentine.
(d) Hearing Valentine is in trouble.
2. What does Eugenie tell her father she refuses to do?
(a) Have a winter wedding.
(b) Hold his arm at her wedding.
(c) Invite the Count to her wedding reception.
(d) Marry Andrea Cavalcanti.
3. What kind of living quarters does Noirtier promise to secure for him and Valentine?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A house.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A studio flat.
4. How did Danglars tell his wife he was leaving her?
(a) He told her in person.
(b) He wrote a letter.
(c) He sent a telegram.
(d) He sent a messenger.
5. What is Madame Villefort shocked about when she is in Valentine's room in the morning?
(a) There is a piece of paper with her name on it.
(b) There is a man's foot print on the floor.
(c) Valentine is dead.
(d) There is liquid in the cup.
6. Why does Noirtier tell Valentine to wait before running away?
(a) He needs to get some money for her.
(b) He wants to help her.
(c) He wants to tell Villefort.
(d) He wants to prepare to go with her.
7. How does Fernand die?
(a) He jumps off a cliff.
(b) He is poisoned by Baroness Danglars.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) Dantès kills him in a duel.
8. Who is the last person to pray over Valentine's grave?
(c) Madame Villefort.
(d) The Count.
9. Who did Villefort have an affair with?
(a) The Countess De Morcef.
(c) Baroness Danglars.
10. What does the Count tell a group of people he dug up in his back yard?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A preserved will.
(c) A silver box.
(d) A bag of silver pieces.
11. What does Mercédès plead with the Count not to do?
(a) Kill her son.
(b) Disgrace her husband.
(c) Reveal her identity.
(d) Leave her presence.
12. Why does the Count say he has not finished one of the rooms in his house?
(a) He wants a woman to design it.
(b) He has been too busy.
(c) He feels the spirit of a mother there.
(d) He likes it too much to change it.
13. Where did Haydée hide while Greece was being attacked by the armies?
(a) A cave.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) A tree.
(d) A dungeon.
14. Why does Valentine's grandmother want her to get married so soon?
(a) So she can get her inheritance.
(b) So she can beat the winter.
(c) So she will be alive to see it.
(d) So she can be a young wife.
15. What does Villefort tell his wife to do to avoid bringing scandal to the family?
(a) Admit her faults.
(b) Sign some divorce papers.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Albert pan to go after her mother retrieves the money from Marseilles?
2. What kind of abode to Mercédès and Albert live in after they leave Fernand?
3. Why is Bertruccio so surprised to see Villefort at a dinner?
4. What does Danglars get after the hospital agent comes to his house?
5. Where did Dantès bury money for Mercédès?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)