|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mercédès recognize the Count as Dantès?
(a) The minute she saw him.
(b) When he was drinking some wine.
(c) When he started laughing.
(d) The time she saw him twirling his hair.
2. How does Fernand die?
(a) He jumps off a cliff.
(b) He is poisoned by Baroness Danglars.
(c) Dantès kills him in a duel.
(d) He shoots himself.
3. Who is Fernand Morcef accused of murdering?
(a) Ali Pasha.
(b) Madame Saint Méran.
(d) General Quesel.
4. What does Albert choose to do when he hears the truth about his father?
(a) Protect his father's name.
(b) Leave the house without any money.
(c) Challenge his father to a duel.
(d) File for a divorcement for his mother.
5. Who else had drunk from the drink that killed Barrois?
(c) Madame Danglars.
6. What does Villefort say when he sees Maximillian in Valentine's room?
(a) Accuses him of killing her.
(b) Falls into his arms.
(c) Laughs in his face.
(d) Commands him to leave.
7. Why does Noirtier tell Valentine to wait before running away?
(a) He wants to prepare to go with her.
(b) He needs to get some money for her.
(c) He wants to tell Villefort.
(d) He wants to help her.
8. What does the Count tell a group of people he dug up in his back yard?
(a) A preserved will.
(b) A bag of silver pieces.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A silver box.
9. Where does Danglars think Count Morcef was involved in a scandal?
10. Where does Albert pan to go after her mother retrieves the money from Marseilles?
11. What causes the Count to help Maximillian with the poisonings?
(a) Hearing Valentine is in trouble.
(b) Hearing Maximillian talk about his father.
(c) Seeing how much Maximillian loves Valentine.
(d) Knowing it might be Noirtier doing the poisoning.
12. Who does the Count bribe to get a false newspaper article printed?
(a) A reporter.
(b) The newspaper owner.
(c) The editor.
(d) A telegrapher.
13. What does the Count disguise himself as when he rents the house next to Noirtier?
(a) Sinbad the Sailor.
(b) The English Gentleman.
(c) An investor.
(d) The Priest.
14. Who does Danglars want his daughter to marry?
(a) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(b) Andrea Cavalcanti.
(d) Benedetto Villefort.
15. Where does Fernand meet with Baroness Danglars?
(a) The shipyard.
(b) His daughter's garden.
(c) A church.
(d) His office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Noirtier doing when the Priest leaves Valentine's room?
2. Why is Bertruccio so surprised to see Villefort at a dinner?
3. What does Barrois drink that was poisoned?
4. How did Danglars tell his wife he was leaving her?
5. Who does Villefort ask about the Count's intentions in Paris?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)