|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faria offer to do for Dantès if he helps him escape?
(a) Bless him.
(b) Get his vengeance.
(c) Teach him.
(d) Repay him.
2. What kind of tools has Faria made while in prison?
(a) Sharpening tools.
(b) Calculating tools.
(c) Writing tools.
(d) Digging tools.
3. What is the name of the boy who is scheduled to be executed during the carnival?
4. Why does Fernand not want to kill Dantès?
(a) He needs to get some answers.
(b) His fiancé might commit suicide.
(c) He wants him to suffer.
(d) He would feel too guilty.
5. How does Edmond intend to kill himself?
(a) Smashing his head with a rock.
(b) Slitting his wrists.
(c) Starving himself.
(d) Hanging himself.
6. What is the name of the servant who helps the Count buy his home?
7. What is the name of Morrell's last surviving ship?
(a) The Pharaon.
(b) The Santa Maria.
(c) The Monsignor.
(d) The Indefatigable.
8. What is the name of the girl who Albert wants to marry?
9. Where does Albert's family live?
10. What was the name of the Captain who gave Dantès the letter in question?
11. What city does Dantès visit after getting his passport?
12. What kind of potion does Madame Villefort ask the Count for?
13. Where is Dantès when he is arrested?
(a) At his wedding feast.
(b) On his ship.
(c) At church.
(d) At his father's house.
14. To what political party does Villefort say he belongs?
(d) King's men.
15. Who tells the King of the plot Edmond uncovered?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Villefort to change his mind about forgiving Dantès?
2. Who does Villefort ask his father-in-law to help him meet?
3. What does Caderousse do when he starts to feel uneasy?
4. Where does Franz go when he cannot find Albert?
5. What is the name of Julie's husband?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)