|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Villefort doing when the Count's servant stabbed him?
(a) Burying a baby.
(b) Waiting for a shipment.
(c) Delivering a message.
(d) Courting a woman who was not his wife.
2. Why does Albert wander away from Franz during the carnival?
(a) He sees a boy he thought he knew.
(b) He gets a headache.
(c) He tries to follow a pretty woman.
(d) He wants to see a famous church.
3. What is the name of the girl who Albert wants to marry?
4. What is the name of Danglars's daughter?
5. How did Fernand become a Count?
(a) He was promoted in the military.
(b) He bought his title.
(c) He was willed the title when his father died.
(d) He married a countess.
6. How does Dantès get to the island with the treasure?
(a) He buys a boat and goes there himself.
(b) He swims there as the smugglers pass it.
(c) He pays a rower to take him there.
(d) His boss sets up a meeting there.
7. How much longer than Dantès has Faria been in the prison?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
8. What does Dantès tell Caderousse happened to Edmond?
(a) He died in prison.
(b) He escaped from prison.
(c) He was executed.
(d) He is still in prison.
9. Whom does Dantès deliver a letter to at the beginning of the book?
10. What does Dantès say he is supposed to split between Fernand, Danglars, and Villefort?
(a) The treasure.
(b) A book of maps.
(c) His properties.
(d) A diamond.
11. How is the man who once owned the Count's house related to Villefort?
(a) He is Villefort's grandfather.
(b) He is Villefort's uncle.
(c) He is Villefort's father-in-law.
(d) He is Villefort's Godfather.
12. Where is Villefort when he first appears in this book?
(a) An important court marshal.
(b) His betrothal feast.
(c) A job interview.
(d) A grand party.
13. Why does Fernand not want to kill Dantès?
(a) He would feel too guilty.
(b) He wants him to suffer.
(c) He needs to get some answers.
(d) His fiancé might commit suicide.
14. What is the money for Morrell stored in?
(a) A pouch.
(b) A bank account.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A safe deposit box.
15. Who killed the man who owned the treasure that Faria has a map to?
(b) The Pope.
(c) His son.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edmond intend to kill himself?
2. Where does Franz go when he cannot find Albert?
3. What does Caderousse want to do to get more money for his diamond?
4. What does Baroness Danglars like to speculate in?
5. How does Dantès move large rocks to get to the treasure?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)