|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the finest horses in Paris before the Count buys them?
2. Who killed the man who owned the treasure that Faria has a map to?
(a) His son.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The King.
3. Who once owned the home that the Count buys?
(a) Count Noutielle.
(b) The Marquis of Saint Méran.
(c) The Comrade de'Ipson.
(d) Baron De Espiray.
4. Where is the treasure Faria has a map to?
(b) Monte Cristo.
(d) A French dungeon.
5. Where does Fernand see Dantès walking at the beginning of the book?
(a) In the streets.
(b) On the hills.
(c) In the marketplace.
(d) At the harbor.
6. How long was Edmond in prison?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
7. What is Morrell's daughter's name?
8. Why will Mercédès not marry Fernand?
(a) She is too young for him.
(b) She is in love with Dantès.
(c) She is too wealthy for him.
(d) She is too poor for him.
9. Who tells the King of the plot Edmond uncovered?
10. Who does Franz ask help to pay Albert's ransom?
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
11. Who does Villefort ask his father-in-law to help him meet?
(a) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(b) King Louis.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Edmond Dantès.
12. Where does Villefort plan to go after Dantès is arrested?
(b) New York.
13. What kind of boat does Dantès buy to retrieve the treasure?
(a) Row boat.
14. Who is Maximillian secretly in love with?
15. Where does Albert go for the Carnival Holiday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dantès's fiancee?
2. What rank is Morrell's son in the army?
3. Why does Villefort decide to forgive Dantès when he first hears his case?
4. How many days does Napoleon reign before he is ousted again?
5. What causes Villefort to change his mind about forgiving Dantès?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)