|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Albert go for the Carnival Holiday?
2. Who gives Morrell's daughter the money Morrell needs?
(a) Sinbad the Sailor.
(b) Ferdinand the Ferrier.
(c) Tremonton the Traveler.
(d) Carl the Courier.
3. Who takes Dantès to the next port after he escapes?
(a) A smugglers boat.
(b) A convoy of soldiers.
(c) A royal hermitage.
(d) A messenger ship.
4. Who does Villefort ask his father-in-law to help him meet?
(a) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) King Louis.
(d) Edmond Dantès.
5. What is the name of Danglars's daughter?
6. How much longer than Dantès has Faria been in the prison?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
7. What is the name of the ship Dantès is on at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Pharaon.
(b) The Phrygian.
(c) The Phenetian.
(d) The Pharao.
8. Why does Danglars hate Dantès?
(a) Danglars is jealous of his promotion.
(b) Dantès won a large sum of money at cards.
(c) Danglars loves Maria.
(d) Dantès cheated him.
9. What kind of boat does Dantès buy to retrieve the treasure?
(d) Row boat.
10. What is the name of the girl who Albert wants to marry?
11. How did Danglars become a Baron?
(a) He bought his title.
(b) He was willed the title when his father died.
(c) He married a baroness.
(d) He was promoted in the military.
12. Where does Franz go when he cannot find Albert?
(a) The town square.
(b) The Count's house.
(c) His room.
(d) The train station.
13. Where is the strange man who visits Morrell's investors from?
14. Where is Villefort when he first appears in this book?
(a) An important court marshal.
(b) A job interview.
(c) A grand party.
(d) His betrothal feast.
15. How long does Dantès agree to work with the people who take him to port after his escape?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count notice on display when he visits Julie's house?
2. Why did Dantès's father not have money to eat while Dantès was away?
3. Why will Mercédès not marry Fernand?
4. What does Dantès threaten to hit his guards with?
5. Where is Dantès when he is arrested?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)