|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who is scheduled to be executed during the carnival?
2. Who owns the finest horses in Paris before the Count buys them?
3. How does Dantès move large rocks to get to the treasure?
(a) Gun powder.
4. Where does Fernand see Dantès walking at the beginning of the book?
(a) At the harbor.
(b) In the streets.
(c) On the hills.
(d) In the marketplace.
5. How much longer than Dantès has Faria been in the prison?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 4 years.
6. Where is the treasure Faria has a map to?
(a) Monte Cristo.
(b) A French dungeon.
7. What city does Dantès visit after getting his passport?
8. What does Haydée do when she sees Fernand?
(d) Walks away.
9. Where does Danglars go when Napoleon regains power?
10. Where does Albert's family live?
11. How does Dantès get a few days alone on the island with the treasure?
(a) He sends the rower home.
(b) He swims back as the boat is leaving the harbor.
(c) He hides as the ship leaves.
(d) He pretends to be injured.
12. What is the name of Danglars's daughter?
13. Where does Villefort plan to go after Dantès is arrested?
(a) New York.
14. What does Dantès try to bribe the prison guards to do?
(a) Give him extra food.
(b) Change his quarters.
(c) Send a letter to Mercédès.
(d) Tell him what he was arrested for.
15. Where does Maximillian meet his secret love?
(a) At church.
(b) In the school yard.
(c) At the market.
(d) In her garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Morrell's son?
2. What is Luigi Vampa's occupation?
3. Who did Morrel think was responsible for his financial salvation?
4. What does Albert ask Franz to do after he has been captured?
5. Who captures Albert?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)