|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faria offer to do for Dantès if he helps him escape?
(a) Bless him.
(b) Repay him.
(c) Get his vengeance.
(d) Teach him.
2. How does Edmond intend to kill himself?
(a) Smashing his head with a rock.
(b) Hanging himself.
(c) Slitting his wrists.
(d) Starving himself.
3. Who owns the finest horses in Paris before the Count buys them?
4. What does Dantès ask Morrel leave for?
(a) To get married.
(b) To attend his mother's funeral.
(c) To rest.
(d) To recover from a wound.
5. Where does Franz go when he cannot find Albert?
(a) The Count's house.
(b) His room.
(c) The train station.
(d) The town square.
6. What is Edmond so shocked about when he is shaved for the first time after escaping?
(a) That his father is in the mirror.
(b) He does not recognize himself.
(c) How old he is.
(d) That he has not changed.
7. Where is Dantès when he is arrested?
(a) At his wedding feast.
(b) At his father's house.
(c) At church.
(d) On his ship.
8. What is the name of Mercédès's son?
9. To what political party does Villefort say he belongs?
(c) King's men.
10. What kind of passport does Dantès receive after getting his treasure?
11. Where are dead prisoners buried?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A mass grave pit.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The garden.
12. Where is the strange man who visits Morrell's investors from?
13. What did Danglars become after Dantès was thrown in prison?
(a) A banker.
(b) A king's counselor.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A ship owner.
14. What causes Villefort to change his mind about forgiving Dantès?
(a) He gets a bribe from Fernand and Danglars.
(b) He wants to marry Mercédès.
(c) He says a threatening statement.
(d) He has information against Villefort's father.
15. Who is at Villefort's house after Dantès is arrested?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count's servant call Villefort?
2. What is Morrell's daughter's name?
3. Who is thought to have murdered General Quensel?
4. How does Dantès get a few days alone on the island with the treasure?
5. Why does Villefort decide to forgive Dantès when he first hears his case?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)