|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 106, Dividing the Proceeds, Chapter 107, The Lion's Den, Chapter 108, The Judge, Chapter 109, The Assizes, Chapter 110, The Indictment, Chapter 111, Expiation, and Chapter 112, The Departure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dantès bury money for Mercédès?
(a) In a church yard in Marseilles.
(b) Her garden in Marseilles.
(c) In their special cave.
(d) Next to his father's grave.
2. What is the first thing Dantès does when he gets to port after escaping?
(a) Eats a feast.
(b) Sends a letter to his father.
(d) Buys new clothes.
3. Why is Bertruccio so surprised to see Villefort at a dinner?
(a) He read an article about him being dead.
(b) He thought he lived in Spain.
(c) He thought he killed him.
(d) He thought he had been in prison.
4. What does the Count notice on display when he visits Julie's house?
(a) A lock of his hair and a letter.
(b) A young picture of him.
(c) The money pouch.
(d) Wood from that Pharaon.
5. Who tells the King of the plot Edmond uncovered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Morrel think was responsible for his financial salvation?
2. How does Dantès get to the island with the treasure?
3. What kind of potion does Madame Villefort ask the Count for?
4. What does Villefort tell his wife to do to avoid bringing scandal to the family?
5. What causes Villefort to change his mind about forgiving Dantès?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)