|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 106, Dividing the Proceeds, Chapter 107, The Lion's Den, Chapter 108, The Judge, Chapter 109, The Assizes, Chapter 110, The Indictment, Chapter 111, Expiation, and Chapter 112, The Departure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Noirtier doing when the Priest leaves Valentine's room?
(a) Sleeping and smiling.
(b) Choking and gagging.
(c) Sleeping and snoring.
(d) Humming and reading.
2. What does Dantès pretend to be to be taken to the next port after he escapes?
(a) A confused traveler.
(b) A lost sailor.
(c) A smuggler.
(d) A member of a shipwrecked crew.
3. Who has been poisoning the Villefort family members?
(b) Madame Villefort.
(d) Madame Saint Méran.
4. How did Danglars become a Baron?
(a) He married a baroness.
(b) He was promoted in the military.
(c) He was willed the title when his father died.
(d) He bought his title.
5. Why does Valentine's grandmother want her to get married so soon?
(a) So she will be alive to see it.
(b) So she can beat the winter.
(c) So she can get her inheritance.
(d) So she can be a young wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who consoles Mercédès when Edmond is arrested?
2. Where is the treasure Faria has a map to?
3. Why does Danglars hate Dantès?
4. What kind of boat does Dantès buy to retrieve the treasure?
5. How does Dantès get out of the sack when he is thrown into the ocean?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)