|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 106, Dividing the Proceeds, Chapter 107, The Lion's Den, Chapter 108, The Judge, Chapter 109, The Assizes, Chapter 110, The Indictment, Chapter 111, Expiation, and Chapter 112, The Departure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Count decide to go to the ball Albert invites him to?
(a) He hears Mercédès wants him to come.
(b) Haydée says she would like to see Fernand again.
(c) He knows Madame Villefort will be there.
(d) He sees another chance to implicate Danglars.
2. What was the name of the Captain who gave Dantès the letter in question?
3. Where is the treasure Faria has a map to?
(a) Monte Cristo.
(d) A French dungeon.
4. What is Luigi Vampa's occupation?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A bandit.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A pirate.
5. How does Fernand die?
(a) He is poisoned by Baroness Danglars.
(b) He jumps off a cliff.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) Dantès kills him in a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the King of the plot Edmond uncovered?
2. Why does Caderousse say he did not stop what was happening when Edmond was falsely accused?
3. What is the first thing Dantès does when he gets to port after escaping?
4. Who did the boy who is scheduled to be executed once work for?
5. What does the Count tell a group of people he dug up in his back yard?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)