|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 106, Dividing the Proceeds, Chapter 107, The Lion's Den, Chapter 108, The Judge, Chapter 109, The Assizes, Chapter 110, The Indictment, Chapter 111, Expiation, and Chapter 112, The Departure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dantès's father not have money to eat while Dantès was away?
(a) He spent it on alcohol.
(b) He had to pay taxes.
(c) He was robbed.
(d) He paid his son's debts.
2. How does Dantès move large rocks to get to the treasure?
(c) Gun powder.
3. What does Dantès try to bribe the prison guards to do?
(a) Send a letter to Mercédès.
(b) Give him extra food.
(c) Tell him what he was arrested for.
(d) Change his quarters.
4. What causes Villefort to change his mind about forgiving Dantès?
(a) He gets a bribe from Fernand and Danglars.
(b) He has information against Villefort's father.
(c) He wants to marry Mercédès.
(d) He says a threatening statement.
5. To what political party does Villefort say he belongs?
(c) King's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Danglars's occupation at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Danglars get after the hospital agent comes to his house?
3. Where does Albert pan to go after her mother retrieves the money from Marseilles?
4. Why does Valentine's grandmother want her to get married so soon?
5. Who tries to tell the Count not to kill Albert in the duel?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)