|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 89, A Nocturnal Interview, Chapter 90, The Meeting, Chapter 91, Mother and Son, Chapter 92, The Suicide, and Chapter 93, Valentine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count tell Haydée not to mention to anyone?
(a) His identity.
(b) His emotional weakness.
(c) Her past.
(d) Her occupation.
2. What does Dantès tell Caderousse happened to Edmond?
(a) He died in prison.
(b) He escaped from prison.
(c) He was executed.
(d) He is still in prison.
3. Why will Valentine not run away with Maximillian?
(a) She thinks this is what her grandfather wants.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She knows Maximillian is not wealthy.
(d) She will not disobey her father.
4. Where is Dantès when he is arrested?
(a) At his wedding feast.
(b) At his father's house.
(c) At church.
(d) On his ship.
5. Who calls off the duel between the Count and Albert?
(a) The Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Mercédès not marry Fernand?
2. Who owns the finest horses in Paris before the Count buys them?
3. What does Albert choose to do when he hears the truth about his father?
4. Who is Maximillian secretly in love with?
5. Where does Maximillian meet his secret love?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)