|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Monsieur Bertuccio, Chapter 43, The House at Auteuil, Chapter 44, The Vendetta, Chapter 45, The Rain of Blood, Chapter 46, Unlimited Credit, Chapter 47, The Dappled Greys, and Chapter 48, Ideology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fernand accuse Dantès of being?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A Bonapartist.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A thief.
2. Why does Fernand not want to kill Dantès?
(a) He needs to get some answers.
(b) He wants him to suffer.
(c) He would feel too guilty.
(d) His fiancé might commit suicide.
3. What is the name of the boy who is scheduled to be executed during the carnival?
4. Why does Danglars hate Dantès?
(a) Danglars loves Maria.
(b) Dantès won a large sum of money at cards.
(c) Dantès cheated him.
(d) Danglars is jealous of his promotion.
5. What was Faria's title before he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the finest horses in Paris before the Count buys them?
2. What does Mercédès say to her son after meeting the Count of Monte Cristo?
3. What does Caderousse want to do to get more money for his diamond?
4. What is the name of the girl who Albert wants to marry?
5. What is the name of the prison Dantès is kept in?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)