|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Isle of Tiboulen, Chapter 22, The Smugglers, Chapter 23, The Isle of Monte Cristo, and Chapter 24, The Secret Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Dantès been in the prison when he meets Faria?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 years.
2. Who is most afraid of the power of the Bonapartists?
(a) Prince Edward.
(c) King Louis.
3. Who consoles Mercédès when Edmond is arrested?
(d) Edmond's father.
4. Where is Dantès when he is arrested?
(a) At his wedding feast.
(b) At his father's house.
(c) On his ship.
(d) At church.
5. What causes Villefort to change his mind about forgiving Dantès?
(a) He has information against Villefort's father.
(b) He gets a bribe from Fernand and Danglars.
(c) He wants to marry Mercédès.
(d) He says a threatening statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the King that Napoleon is in France?
2. What is the name of the ship Dantès is on at the beginning of the book?
3. Why did Dantès's father not have money to eat while Dantès was away?
4. Who takes Dantès to the next port after he escapes?
5. Whom does Dantès deliver a letter to at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)