|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Isle of Tiboulen, Chapter 22, The Smugglers, Chapter 23, The Isle of Monte Cristo, and Chapter 24, The Secret Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dantès threaten to hit his guards with?
(a) A bucket.
(b) His chains.
(c) A rock.
(d) A stool.
2. Who killed the man who owned the treasure that Faria has a map to?
(a) His son.
(c) The King.
(d) The Pope.
3. What does Dantès pretend to be to be taken to the next port after he escapes?
(a) A confused traveler.
(b) A lost sailor.
(c) A member of a shipwrecked crew.
(d) A smuggler.
4. What was Faria's title before he died?
5. How long was Edmond in prison?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 14 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Dantès is on at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Edmond so shocked about when he is shaved for the first time after escaping?
3. Who does Villefort ask his father-in-law to help him meet?
4. What is the first thing Dantès does when he gets to port after escaping?
5. Who is at Villefort's house after Dantès is arrested?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)