|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Isle of Tiboulen, Chapter 22, The Smugglers, Chapter 23, The Isle of Monte Cristo, and Chapter 24, The Secret Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Dantès work with Faria before learning about his incurable disease?
(a) 15 months.
(b) 21 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 18 months.
2. What is the name of the prison Dantès is kept in?
(a) Castle D'in.
(b) Cantref d'Flight.
(c) Chateau D'Jeau.
(d) Chateau d'If.
3. Where is Villefort when he first appears in this book?
(a) A job interview.
(b) An important court marshal.
(c) A grand party.
(d) His betrothal feast.
4. What causes Villefort to change his mind about forgiving Dantès?
(a) He says a threatening statement.
(b) He gets a bribe from Fernand and Danglars.
(c) He wants to marry Mercédès.
(d) He has information against Villefort's father.
5. How long does Dantès agree to work with the people who take him to port after his escape?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dantès threaten to hit his guards with?
2. How does Dantès get out of the sack when he is thrown into the ocean?
3. Who is thought to have murdered General Quensel?
4. What does Dantès pretend to be to be taken to the next port after he escapes?
5. How many days does Napoleon reign before he is ousted again?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)