|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The King's Closet at the Tuileries, Chapter 11, The Corsican Ogre, Chapter 12, Father and Son, Chapter 13, The Hundred Days, and Chapter 14, The Two Prisoners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prison Dantès is kept in?
(a) Cantref d'Flight.
(b) Chateau D'Jeau.
(c) Chateau d'If.
(d) Castle D'in.
2. Where does Fernand see Dantès walking at the beginning of the book?
(a) In the streets.
(b) On the hills.
(c) In the marketplace.
(d) At the harbor.
3. What is the name of the ship Dantès is on at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Phenetian.
(b) The Pharao.
(c) The Pharaon.
(d) The Phrygian.
4. What does Caderousse do when he starts to feel uneasy?
(d) Walks away.
5. Who consoles Mercédès when Edmond is arrested?
(c) Edmond's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fernand not want to kill Dantès?
2. Why does Villefort decide to forgive Dantès when he first hears his case?
3. How many days does Napoleon reign before he is ousted again?
4. Why does Danglars hate Dantès?
5. Where is Villefort when he first appears in this book?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)