|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The King's Closet at the Tuileries, Chapter 11, The Corsican Ogre, Chapter 12, Father and Son, Chapter 13, The Hundred Days, and Chapter 14, The Two Prisoners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dantès's father not have money to eat while Dantès was away?
(a) He spent it on alcohol.
(b) He paid his son's debts.
(c) He was robbed.
(d) He had to pay taxes.
2. What does Dantès threaten to hit his guards with?
(a) A stool.
(b) A bucket.
(c) A rock.
(d) His chains.
3. Who tells the King of the plot Edmond uncovered?
4. Why does Villefort decide to forgive Dantès when he first hears his case?
(a) He is very young.
(b) He was ignorant.
(c) He proves the letter to be a fraud.
(d) He seems like a nice boy.
5. Whom does Dantès deliver a letter to at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who consoles Mercédès when Edmond is arrested?
2. What does Caderousse do when he starts to feel uneasy?
3. Why does Fernand not want to kill Dantès?
4. What is the name of the island Napoleon is imprisoned on?
5. What causes Villefort to change his mind about forgiving Dantès?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)