|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 66, Matrimonial Plans, Chapter 67, At the Office of the King's Attorney, Chapter 68, A Summer Ball, Chapter 69, The Inquiry, Chapter 70, The Ball, and Chapter 71, Bread and Salt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the man who once owned the Count's house related to Villefort?
(a) He is Villefort's grandfather.
(b) He is Villefort's uncle.
(c) He is Villefort's Godfather.
(d) He is Villefort's father-in-law.
2. What is the name of Morrell's last surviving ship?
(a) The Monsignor.
(b) The Pharaon.
(c) The Indefatigable.
(d) The Santa Maria.
3. What is Edmond so shocked about when he is shaved for the first time after escaping?
(a) How old he is.
(b) He does not recognize himself.
(c) That his father is in the mirror.
(d) That he has not changed.
4. What does Dantès pretend to be to be taken to the next port after he escapes?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A confused traveler.
(c) A lost sailor.
(d) A member of a shipwrecked crew.
5. Why does the Count decide to go to the ball Albert invites him to?
(a) He knows Madame Villefort will be there.
(b) He hears Mercédès wants him to come.
(c) He sees another chance to implicate Danglars.
(d) Haydée says she would like to see Fernand again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count's servant call Villefort?
2. What did the Count's servant name the child he adopted?
3. How does Edmond intend to kill himself?
4. What is Morrell's daughter's name?
5. Where is the strange man who visits Morrell's investors from?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)