|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 84, Beauchamp, Chapter 85, The Journey, Chapter 86, The Trial, Chapter 87, The Challenge, and Chapter 88, The Insult.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the testimony that denounces Fernand?
(a) Valentine Villefort.
(b) Haydée .
(c) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(d) Sinbad the Sailor.
2. Where is Haydée from?
3. What is Beauchamp's occupation?
(b) Ship builder.
4. What does Dantès pretend to be to be taken to the next port after he escapes?
(a) A member of a shipwrecked crew.
(b) A confused traveler.
(c) A smuggler.
(d) A lost sailor.
5. How does Dantès get a few days alone on the island with the treasure?
(a) He swims back as the boat is leaving the harbor.
(b) He sends the rower home.
(c) He pretends to be injured.
(d) He hides as the ship leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Julie's husband?
2. Who takes Dantès to the next port after he escapes?
3. What does the Count tell Haydée not to mention to anyone?
4. How does Dantès move large rocks to get to the treasure?
5. To what island does Dantès swim after escaping?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)