|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 84, Beauchamp, Chapter 85, The Journey, Chapter 86, The Trial, Chapter 87, The Challenge, and Chapter 88, The Insult.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Count when Albert challenges him to a duel?
(a) A church meeting.
(b) His house.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The opera.
2. What does the Count tell Haydée not to mention to anyone?
(a) His identity.
(b) Her past.
(c) Her occupation.
(d) His emotional weakness.
3. Who is Fernand Morcef accused of murdering?
(a) Madame Saint Méran.
(b) Ali Pasha.
(c) General Quesel.
4. Who gives the testimony that denounces Fernand?
(a) Sinbad the Sailor.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) Haydée .
(d) Valentine Villefort.
5. What does Dantès pretend to be to be taken to the next port after he escapes?
(a) A confused traveler.
(b) A lost sailor.
(c) A member of a shipwrecked crew.
(d) A smuggler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Dantès does when he gets to port after escaping?
2. Who does Lucien work for?
3. What is Beauchamp's occupation?
4. What is the name of Julie's husband?
5. How does Dantès get to the island with the treasure?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)