|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 84, Beauchamp, Chapter 85, The Journey, Chapter 86, The Trial, Chapter 87, The Challenge, and Chapter 88, The Insult.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count notice on display when he visits Julie's house?
(a) A lock of his hair and a letter.
(b) The money pouch.
(c) A young picture of him.
(d) Wood from that Pharaon.
2. How does Dantès get out of the sack when he is thrown into the ocean?
(a) He finds a sharp rock.
(b) He bites his way through.
(c) He uses Faria's knife.
(d) He steals the keys.
3. Who did Morrel think was responsible for his financial salvation?
4. What does the Count tell Haydée not to mention to anyone?
(a) Her past.
(b) His identity.
(c) His emotional weakness.
(d) Her occupation.
5. What is Edmond so shocked about when he is shaved for the first time after escaping?
(a) That he has not changed.
(b) How old he is.
(c) That his father is in the mirror.
(d) He does not recognize himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Count when Albert challenges him to a duel?
2. Who does Lucien work for?
3. What does Dantès pretend to be to be taken to the next port after he escapes?
4. What is the name of Julie's husband?
5. What does the Count teach Madame Villefort about poison?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)