Chapter 1, Marseilles - The Arrival, Chapter 2, Father and Son, Chapter 3, The Catalans, Chapter 4, Conspiracy, and Chapter 5, The Marriage Feast
1. What is the name of the ship Dantès is on at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Phrygian.
(b) The Pharao.
(c) The Phenetian.
(d) The Pharaon.
2. What is Danglars's occupation at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Dantès ask Morrel leave for?
(a) To attend his mother's funeral.
(b) To rest.
(c) To recover from a wound.
(d) To get married.
4. Why did Dantès's father not have money to eat while Dantès was away?
(a) He paid his son's debts.
(b) He had to pay taxes.
(c) He spent it on alcohol.
(d) He was robbed.
5. What is the name of Dantès's fiancee?
6. Whom does Dantès deliver a letter to at the beginning of the book?
7. Why will Mercédès not marry Fernand?
(a) She is too young for him.
(b) She is in love with Dantès.
(c) She is too wealthy for him.
(d) She is too poor for him.
This section contains 3,937 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)