|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Robin unable to afford while in prison?
2. Mo'Shay met _______________, the man of her dreams.
3. Who molested Mo'Shay when she was eleven?
4. What did Diane want to do when she saw her father's dead body?
5. Where did the character in #145 work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Diane's father make her do when he took her hunting for the first time?
2. When did Brenda Medina realize what her mother's terrible secret was?
3. Who was Reese and how did he enter Mo'Shay's life?
4. Who was Manny and what negative impact did he have on Brenda's life?
5. What effect did Barbara think that her incarceration had on her children?
6. What did Mo'Shay's mother decide about raising Mo'Shay's baby and how does Mo'Shay get the love she has needed for so long from her mother?
7. How did Bonnie's role at the prison change from when she was a new inmate to the present day?
8. How did Diane's father betray her trust with violence while on a trip to Chattanooga?
9. What did Brenda's mother do to her one night from which her father had to save Brenda and what did her father pray for each night?
10. How did Diane Bartholomew describe her very difficult childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three characters from different stories, and then project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for their lives. Be sure to include geography, marital status, work, socialization, incarceration, etc.
Essay Topic 2
What impact did some of the women's estranged relationships with their mothers have on their lives? What emotional wounds did these women suffer? How did the rejection or abuse by their mothers impact the women's relationships with other people? Did the women feel like she deserved to be abused because they were unworthy? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The women's stories contain more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters in the stories who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)