|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Brenda's first boyfriend?
2. What were Barbara's most precious puzzle pieces?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her sisters.
3. What did Barbara learn about her husband two years into their marriage?
(a) He was having an affair.
(b) He had an illegitimate child.
(c) He was a paranoid schizophrenic.
(d) He had been married before.
4. How many people showed up for Bonnie's aunt's funeral?
(a) Barely 20.
(b) Nearly 100.
(c) Exactly 34.
(d) Over 200.
5. Who was the Pope at the time that Robin's story began?
(a) Pope John Paul II.
(b) Pope John XXIII.
(c) Pope Pius XII.
(d) Pope Benedict XVI.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robin characterized her life in prison as __________________.
2. In her story, Barbara said that childhood memories were like ______________________.
3. What did Brenda's mother keep all over the house?
4. The boy in #166 cheated on Diane _________________ after they got married.
5. What was Robin unable to afford while in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory from her past did Mo'Shay have that made her apprehensive about having sex with Reese?
2. What was the Christmas basket program in prison?
3. How did Diane Bartholomew describe her very difficult childhood?
4. What is the significance of the chapter, "Dancing in Leg Chains"?
5. What effect did Barbara think that her incarceration had on her children?
6. What elements of her Rastararian faith did Bonnie try to adhere to at the time that she arrived at prison?
7. What did Bonnie Foreshaw write about her childhood Jamaican family celebrations and occasions?
8. When did Brenda Medina realize what her mother's terrible secret was?
9. What did Diane's father make her do when he took her hunting for the first time?
10. Who were Barbara Parsons Lane's first visitors while in prison, and what did she consider to be the worst part of her incarceration?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)