|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the mass attendees NOT do during the service?
(a) Inmates passed notes.
(b) Inmates had arguments.
(c) Inmates exchanged contraband.
(d) Inmates took naps.
2. Why did Mo'Shay resent her mother?
(a) She won't let her date boys.
(b) She won't increase her allowance.
(c) She did not let her have any joy in life.
(d) She abandoned her when she was a baby.
3. Who was Barbara's husband?
4. In her story, Barbara said that childhood memories were like ______________________.
(a) Puzzle pieces.
(b) Puffy clouds.
(c) Shards of glass.
5. Who was the Pope at the time that Robin's story began?
(a) Pope Benedict XVI.
(b) Pope John XXIII.
(c) Pope Pius XII.
(d) Pope John Paul II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Robin unable to afford while in prison?
2. Which of the following was NOT included in celebrations in Bonnie's family?
3. What memory did Barbara have of her mother?
4. How many people showed up for Bonnie's aunt's funeral?
5. How did Barbara's mother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Diane's father betray her trust with violence while on a trip to Chattanooga?
2. What did Mo'Shay's mother decide about raising Mo'Shay's baby and how does Mo'Shay get the love she has needed for so long from her mother?
3. When did Brenda Medina realize what her mother's terrible secret was?
4. What memory from her past did Mo'Shay have that made her apprehensive about having sex with Reese?
5. Who was Reese and how did he enter Mo'Shay's life?
6. What effect did Barbara think that her incarceration had on her children?
7. Who were Barbara Parsons Lane's first visitors while in prison, and what did she consider to be the worst part of her incarceration?
8. To what did Barbara compare puzzle pieces in her life?
9. What elements of her Rastararian faith did Bonnie try to adhere to at the time that she arrived at prison?
10. What did Robin note about the less than spiritual activities going on during mass?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)