|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mo'Shay's mother make her do on the first day of summer vacation?
(a) Wash her clothes.
(b) Clean her room.
(c) Sign up for summer school.
(d) Go to the store.
2. The boy in #166 cheated on Diane _________________ after they got married.
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two months.
3. Who molested Barbara when she was a girl?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. What did Brenda's mother keep all over the house?
(a) Boxes of tissues.
(b) Bottles of liquor.
(c) Religious icons.
5. What did Diane's father do on a trip to Chattanooga?
(a) He raped her.
(b) He abandoned her.
(c) He took her to a theme park.
(d) He enrolled her in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Barbara have?
2. In her story, Barbara said that childhood memories were like ______________________.
3. Where did Brenda celebrate mass in prison?
4. Who was the overworked mother of two teenage girls in Michelle's story?
5. What was always important in Bonnie's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Diane's father make her do when he took her hunting for the first time?
2. What was the one constant that Robin noted occurred on each of the three Christmases she spent in prison?
3. What was Diane's instinct when viewing her father's dead body?
4. Who were Barbara Parsons Lane's first visitors while in prison, and what did she consider to be the worst part of her incarceration?
5. What did Robin note about the less than spiritual activities going on during mass?
6. What did Bonnie Foreshaw write about her childhood Jamaican family celebrations and occasions?
7. When did Brenda Medina realize what her mother's terrible secret was?
8. What did Brenda's mother do to her one night from which her father had to save Brenda and what did her father pray for each night?
9. What effect did Barbara think that her incarceration had on her children?
10. How did Robin Cullen begin her story, "Christmas in Prison" with a religious focus regarding the pope?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)