|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Barbara's mother die?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She had cancer.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She was in a car accident.
2. What was Bonnie's faith when she arrived in prison?
3. Where did Brenda celebrate mass in prison?
(a) Local Catholic church.
(b) Makeshift prison church.
(c) Via a televised program.
(d) Her cell.
4. What does the sign in Robin's housing unit say?
(a) Smoking is banned in the unit.
(b) No Christmas presents will be delivered this week.
(c) Random searches to begin January 1.
(d) Lights out at 9 P.M.
5. In what style did Bonnie wear her hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children were in Brenda's family?
2. Robin's story began on January 1 in what year?
3. What did Diane's father steal from the family he had abandoned?
4. What memory did Barbara have of her mother?
5. Which of the following did the mass attendees NOT do during the service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Christmas basket program in prison?
2. What was Diane's instinct when viewing her father's dead body?
3. What elements of her Rastararian faith did Bonnie try to adhere to at the time that she arrived at prison?
4. Who was Shirley Shambly in Michelle Jessamy's story and why did Shirley's daughter, Mo'Shay resent her mother?
5. What did Diane's father make her do when he took her hunting for the first time?
6. Who was Manny and what negative impact did he have on Brenda's life?
7. What is the significance of the chapter, "Dancing in Leg Chains"?
8. What memory from her past did Mo'Shay have that made her apprehensive about having sex with Reese?
9. What did Mo'Shay's mother decide about raising Mo'Shay's baby and how does Mo'Shay get the love she has needed for so long from her mother?
10. How did Diane Bartholomew describe her very difficult childhood?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)