|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Carolyn wearing when she was initially arrested?
(a) Chanel suit.
(b) Jogging clothes.
(c) Khakis and polo shirt.
(d) Gardening clothes.
2. Nancy compared herself and the man in #50 as __________________________.
(a) A space alien and an earthling.
(b) A cowboy and a coyote.
(c) A prince and princess.
(d) A debutante and farmer.
3. What was Wally's first novel?
(a) She's Gone to the Dark Side.
(b) She's a Mystery to Me.
(c) She's the Best Part of Me.
(d) She's Come Undone.
4. At what age did Nancy quit school?
5. With which of her friends did Nancy get an apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who abused Nancy and her friend?
2. Carolyn's father was a/an ______________________.
3. Carolyn was raped as a young girl by whom?
4. What does Wally keep by his phone to help prompt him to refuse the many solicitations he gets to support different causes?
5. Where did Nancy's parents send her after they bailed her out after her arrest in October of 1989?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the premise of Nancy Whitely's story, "The True Face of Earth"?
2. What trauma did Tabatha endure from the age of four and how did she get introduced to pot and alcohol?
3. Why was Wally originally asked to come to the York Correctional Institution in 1999?
4. What was Wally's hope for the readers who read the women's stories?
5. Who was Aldo and what influence did he have on Nancy's life?
6. What were some of the inconsistencies in Tabatha Rowley's life as she was growing up?
7. What are the two chapters in Carolyn Ann Adams' story, "Thefts" and what does she cover in each?
8. How did Tabatha describe the attic where her family and friends did drugs?
9. What did Nancy feel she had to do to keep her boyfriend?
10. What changes did Wally see in the women as they wrote their stories?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)