|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nancy's temp job assignment?
(a) Tax preparation firm.
(b) Retail shop.
(d) Accounting firm.
2. How long had Wally conducted writing sessions with the women at the time he compiled this book?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Three months.
3. At what age did Nancy quit school?
4. In prison, Tabatha sketched ______________ to show her life story.
5. When Nancy was fifteen, she had a date ____________________.
(a) At a basketball game.
(b) Near the airport.
(c) At a movie theater.
(d) At an amusement park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nancy described the life of the man in #50 as ________________________.
2. What was Wally's first novel?
3. What had Nancy's abuser told her would happen if she told anyone what he did to her and her friend?
4. What name did Wally have for especially difficult students?
5. What does Wally keep by his phone to help prompt him to refuse the many solicitations he gets to support different causes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nancy describe the summer she worked for Isadore?
2. Who was Isadore Weintraub, and what role did he play in Nancy's life?
3. What were some of the inconsistencies in Tabatha Rowley's life as she was growing up?
4. What was Wally's reasoning for not being able to refuse Marge Cohen's call to come to York Correctional Institution?
5. How did Nancy describe Isadore's life?
6. What did Carolyn focus on outside while waiting to be processed into the Department of Corrections?
7. How did Nancy begin her story with a memory of her father and his airplane?
8. Why did Carolyn think that she was so out of place in the holding cell, and how long did it take before she was convicted?
9. How did Tabatha's hair mirror what she was going through in different phases of her life and how did she wear her hair after five years in prison?
10. What are the two chapters in Carolyn Ann Adams' story, "Thefts" and what does she cover in each?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)