|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what state did Diane move during her childhood?
(d) New Jersey.
2. What did Brenda's mother do to her one day when brushing Brenda's hair?
(a) Tried to choke her to death.
(b) Dipped her in scalding water in the bathtub.
(c) Beat her with the hairbrush.
(d) Tied her to her bed.
3. In prison, Brenda had a level five orange card which meant that she _______________________.
(a) Had to be shackled when she was outside her unit.
(b) Had to wear an orange prison jumpsuit.
(c) Could not have any visitors.
(d) Had special television viewing privileges.
4. How many children were in Brenda's family?
5. What does the sign in Robin's housing unit say?
(a) Lights out at 9 P.M.
(b) Random searches to begin January 1.
(c) Smoking is banned in the unit.
(d) No Christmas presents will be delivered this week.
6. Mo'Shay thought that the lips of the boy in #151 reminded her of what?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A sandbag.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A ripe peach.
7. Why did Mo'Shay resent her mother?
(a) She did not let her have any joy in life.
(b) She abandoned her when she was a baby.
(c) She won't let her date boys.
(d) She won't increase her allowance.
8. When did Mo'Shay promise to have sex with the boy in #151?
(a) At the end of summer.
(b) When she turned sixteen.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) Before he left for college.
9. Why did Bonnie refuse to wear pants in prison?
(a) They made her seem too masculine.
(b) They made her look fat.
(c) She didn't like the color.
(d) It was against her religion.
10. What did Shirley tell Mo'Shay would happen to Mo'Shay's baby?
(a) Mo'Shay and Reese would raise the baby.
(b) The baby would be given up for adoption.
(c) Shirley and Mo'Shay would raise the baby together.
(d) Mo'Shay would have to have an abortion.
11. Which one of Barbara's children was killed in a car accident?
12. Why did Diane turn into a problem child at school?
(a) She was bored.
(b) To make friends.
(c) To get sent home.
(d) To get attention.
13. Robin's story began on January 1 in what year?
14. When was the only time Robin could enjoy the sun?
(a) While exercising in the courtyard.
(b) Watching out the window from the TV room.
(c) During her lunch hour.
(d) Walking to her housing unit after mass.
15. The boy in #166 cheated on Diane _________________ after they got married.
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people showed up for Bonnie's aunt's funeral?
2. In what style did Bonnie wear her hair?
3. What did Diane want to do when she saw her father's dead body?
4. Who was Mo'Shay?
5. Brenda's sentence was ______________ years in prison.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)