|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy in #166 cheated on Diane _________________ after they got married.
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One week.
2. Who was Mo'Shay?
(a) A girl in a gang.
(b) A daughter of the woman in #145.
(c) A prison inmate.
(d) A waitress.
3. Why did Bonnie refuse to wear pants in prison?
(a) It was against her religion.
(b) They made her seem too masculine.
(c) They made her look fat.
(d) She didn't like the color.
4. What did Shirley tell Mo'Shay would happen to Mo'Shay's baby?
(a) The baby would be given up for adoption.
(b) Shirley and Mo'Shay would raise the baby together.
(c) Mo'Shay and Reese would raise the baby.
(d) Mo'Shay would have to have an abortion.
5. When was the only time Robin could enjoy the sun?
(a) Walking to her housing unit after mass.
(b) While exercising in the courtyard.
(c) Watching out the window from the TV room.
(d) During her lunch hour.
6. What did Diane's father steal from the family he had abandoned?
(b) An old car.
(c) Lawn mower.
7. What did Barbara learn about her husband two years into their marriage?
(a) He had an illegitimate child.
(b) He was having an affair.
(c) He had been married before.
(d) He was a paranoid schizophrenic.
8. What was the worst part of Barbara's incarceration?
(a) Not being able to bathe when she wanted to.
(b) Being separated from her children.
(c) Eating institution food.
(d) Being strip searched.
9. What was Brenda's boyfriend's demeanor in their relationship?
(a) Very controlling.
10. To what state did Diane move during her childhood?
(c) New Jersey.
11. In what U.S. state was Bonnie raised?
(c) New York.
12. What is Brenda's ethnic background?
(d) Puerto Rican.
13. In what style did Bonnie wear her hair?
14. Who is the neighbor for whom Diane's father left his family?
15. What did Diane use liberally in her story?
(c) Religious symbols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime did Bonnie commit that landed her in prison?
2. Who were Barbara's first visitors when she went to prison?
3. Bonnie was sentenced to _________ years in prison.
4. What was one consistency with all the Christmases that Robin spent in prison?
5. Robin's story began on January 1 in what year?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)