|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Diane learn to do to gain her father's approval?
(a) Bait a hook.
(b) Change a tire.
(c) Shoot a gun.
(d) Drive a car.
2. What did Brenda's father pray for every night?
(a) For a better job.
(b) To make his disease go away.
(c) To bless his new company.
(d) To keep his family safe from evil.
3. Bonnie was sentenced to _________ years in prison.
4. In what country was Bonnie born?
5. What was one consistency with all the Christmases that Robin spent in prison?
(a) Roast beef was served for dinner.
(b) Christmas cookies were delivered from local churches.
(c) Gifts were given to all the inmates.
(d) The inmates could watch Christmas movies on TV.
6. Brenda's sentence was ______________ years in prison.
7. What did Barbara learn about her husband two years into their marriage?
(a) He had an illegitimate child.
(b) He was having an affair.
(c) He was a paranoid schizophrenic.
(d) He had been married before.
8. Why did Diane turn into a problem child at school?
(a) To get sent home.
(b) She was bored.
(c) To get attention.
(d) To make friends.
9. Who was Mo'Shay?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A girl in a gang.
(c) A daughter of the woman in #145.
(d) A prison inmate.
10. What memory did Barbara have of her mother?
(a) Going shopping for Easter dresses.
(b) Being whipped by her mother.
(c) Visiting her in a mental hospital.
(d) Making Christmas cookies.
11. Which of the following does NOT describe how Barbara feels about herself?
12. What is Brenda's ethnic background?
(c) Puerto Rican.
13. What were lovers from separate housing units able to do during mass?
(a) Pass love notes.
(b) Hold hands for an hour.
(c) Have romantic encounters.
(d) Eat lunch together.
14. How did Barbara's mother die?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She had cancer.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She was in a car accident.
15. What was the worst part of Barbara's incarceration?
(a) Eating institution food.
(b) Being separated from her children.
(c) Being strip searched.
(d) Not being able to bathe when she wanted to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mo'Shay's mother make her do on the first day of summer vacation?
2. Mo'Shay met _______________, the man of her dreams.
3. How many children did Barbara have?
4. How many people showed up for Bonnie's aunt's funeral?
5. In her story, Barbara said that childhood memories were like ______________________.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)