|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carolyn had ______________ months of court appearances before her conviction.
2. At what age did Nancy quit school?
3. For how long had Carolyn perpetuated her crime?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 10 years.
4. In what state was the institution in #6 located?
(d) New York.
5. Who raped Tabatha?
(a) Mr. Moore.
(b) Grandpa Joe.
(c) Uncle Wesley.
(d) Her father.
6. What did Carolyn note outside the window as she was waiting to be processed at the Department of Corrections?
(a) Inmates with visitors.
(b) A painting crew.
(c) Inmates exercising.
(d) A goose.
7. Who abused Nancy and her friend?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) Nancy's uncle.
(d) Her friend's older brother.
8. Carolyn was raped as a young girl by whom?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) Her father.
(c) A stranger.
(d) Her uncle.
9. When did Nancy's parents usually have their fights?
(a) On weekends.
(b) At night.
(c) In the morning.
(d) On vacations.
10. What did Carolyn address in the second chapter of her story?
(a) Buying her first car.
(b) A horrible family secret.
(c) Her first work experience.
(d) Traveling across country.
11. What was the name of the institution where Wally went to teach writing in 1999?
(a) Yarmouth Detention Center.
(b) Norwalk Correctional Institution.
(c) York Correctional Institution.
(d) Duke Behavioral Institute.
12. What did most of the women at York Correctional Institution ask Wally about on his first visit with them?
(a) If he had ever been in jail.
(b) What kind of car he drove.
(c) If he was married.
(d) What it was like to meet Oprah.
13. What was Tabatha's crime?
(a) She shot her boyfriend.
(b) She stole a car.
(c) She robbed a liquor store.
(d) She sold drugs.
14. What did Nancy put on to go to her temp job?
(a) A dress.
(b) A suit.
(c) A skirt and sweater.
(d) Khakis and polo shirt.
15. Nancy said she and her husband lived like __________________.
(a) Rock stars.
(b) High tech stars.
(c) Reality tv stars.
(d) Movie stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Wally have for especially difficult students?
2. What prompts the reappearance of Nancy's nightmare images?
3. What was Carolyn's crime?
4. What does Wally keep by his phone to help prompt him to refuse the many solicitations he gets to support different causes?
5. Which of Nancy's friend had also been abused by a neighbor when they were young girls?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)