|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Nancy get the clothing in #40?
(a) Online store.
(b) She stole it.
(c) Retail mall.
2. What was "Operation Barfly"?
(a) A name of a novel.
(b) A sweep of bar drug traffickers.
(c) A crackdown on prostitution.
(d) A bartending course.
3. What did Nancy know she had to do to avoid being dumped by her boyfriend?
(a) She had to do his homework.
(b) She had to stay quiet around other people.
(c) She had to have sex with him.
(d) She had to bring him lunch every day.
4. How old was Wally when he got his first teaching job?
5. How old was Nancy when her nightmares resurface after childhood?
6. When did Nancy's parents usually have their fights?
(a) In the morning.
(b) On vacations.
(c) At night.
(d) On weekends.
7. Nancy compared herself and the man in #50 as __________________________.
(a) A space alien and an earthling.
(b) A prince and princess.
(c) A cowboy and a coyote.
(d) A debutante and farmer.
8. What did Carolyn note outside the window as she was waiting to be processed at the Department of Corrections?
(a) Inmates with visitors.
(b) A goose.
(c) Inmates exercising.
(d) A painting crew.
9. What prompts the reappearance of Nancy's nightmare images?
(a) A hockey mask.
(b) A set of butcher knives.
(c) A movie clip in film class.
(d) A movie clip of a graveyard at night.
10. At what age did Nancy quit school?
11. What had Nancy's abuser told her would happen if she told anyone what he did to her and her friend?
(a) He would kill their parents.
(b) He would kill them in their sleep.
(c) The flying monkeys would come down and snatch them.
(d) He would kidnap them and they would never see their families again.
12. For how long had Carolyn perpetuated her crime?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 4 years.
13. How old was Nancy Whiteley when this story began?
14. Nancy described the life of the man in #50 as ________________________.
(a) A whirling dervish.
(b) A rollercoaster ride.
(c) A rodeo.
(d) One long, comfortable yawn.
15. Where did Nancy's older sister take Nancy and her younger sister when their parents' fighting got out of control?
(a) The movies.
(b) An aunt's house.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) An all-night diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Carolyn try to block the nose of the inmates?
2. Which of the following did NOT describe Nancy's mother?
3. How long had Nancy spent in prison?
4. Which of the following was NOT one of Carolyn's mental illnesses?
5. What was Nancy afraid of at school?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)