|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tabatha's crime?
(a) She sold drugs.
(b) She robbed a liquor store.
(c) She stole a car.
(d) She shot her boyfriend.
2. What did most of the women at York Correctional Institution ask Wally about on his first visit with them?
(a) If he had ever been in jail.
(b) If he was married.
(c) What it was like to meet Oprah.
(d) What kind of car he drove.
3. How old was Tabatha when she went to prison?
4. "Wind, Sand, and Stars" was written by which author?
(a) Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
(b) Dante Alighieri.
(c) Sir Thomas More.
(d) Gianni Agnelli.
5. How many siblings did Carolyn have?
6. Nancy thought of her father as ___________________ from the story he read to her.
(a) The Little Prince.
(c) Prince Charming.
(d) Robin Hood.
7. Where did Nancy's older sister take Nancy and her younger sister when their parents' fighting got out of control?
(a) An aunt's house.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) An all-night diner.
(d) The movies.
8. How long did Nancy and her husband live the high life during their life of crime?
9. What movie was the source of recurring nightmares for Nancy Birkla?
(b) Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.
(c) Nightmare on Elm Street.
(d) The Wizard of Oz.
10. What had Nancy's abuser told her would happen if she told anyone what he did to her and her friend?
(a) He would kill their parents.
(b) The flying monkeys would come down and snatch them.
(c) He would kidnap them and they would never see their families again.
(d) He would kill them in their sleep.
11. What was "Operation Barfly"?
(a) A crackdown on prostitution.
(b) A bartending course.
(c) A name of a novel.
(d) A sweep of bar drug traffickers.
12. What was notable about Nancy's family as she was growing up?
(a) They had a live-in nanny.
(b) They had an in-ground swimming pool.
(c) They had at least twenty pets.
(d) Her family moved a lot.
13. Which of the following is NOT a word that Wally uses to describe himself?
(a) Fiction writer.
(c) Family man.
(d) History buff.
14. With which of her friends did Nancy get an apartment?
15. Which of the following was NOT part of Carolyn's admitting process in prison?
(a) She was interviewed.
(b) She had to write a letter of confession.
(c) She was stripped naked.
(d) She was deloused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tabatha's hairstyle when she went to prison?
2. Nancy compared herself and the man in #50 as __________________________.
3. What was the name of the institution where Wally went to teach writing in 1999?
4. What was Nancy's temp job assignment?
5. What did Carolyn address in the second chapter of her story?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)