|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raped Tabatha?
(a) Mr. Moore.
(b) Her father.
(c) Uncle Wesley.
(d) Grandpa Joe.
2. Which of the following was NOT part of Carolyn's admitting process in prison?
(a) She was stripped naked.
(b) She was interviewed.
(c) She had to write a letter of confession.
(d) She was deloused.
3. Which of the following did NOT describe Nancy's mother?
4. Which of Nancy's friend had also been abused by a neighbor when they were young girls?
5. What was Tabatha's crime?
(a) She stole a car.
(b) She shot her boyfriend.
(c) She sold drugs.
(d) She robbed a liquor store.
6. Who was the man who owned the accounting firm where Nancy had a temp job?
(a) Jerry Goldfarb.
(b) Isadore Weintraub.
(c) Isaiah Weinstein.
(d) Marcus Wellman.
7. What was Wally's first novel?
(a) She's Come Undone.
(b) She's Gone to the Dark Side.
(c) She's the Best Part of Me.
(d) She's a Mystery to Me.
8. What movie was the source of recurring nightmares for Nancy Birkla?
(a) Nightmare on Elm Street.
(c) Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.
(d) The Wizard of Oz.
9. How long did Nancy and her husband live the high life during their life of crime?
10. What was Tabatha's hairstyle when she went to prison?
11. How long had Wally conducted writing sessions with the women at the time he compiled this book?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
12. What was especially frightening for Nancy about the movie in #85?
(a) Freddy Krueger.
(b) Michael Myers.
(c) The monkeys.
(d) The Wicked Witch of the West.
13. What prompts the reappearance of Nancy's nightmare images?
(a) A movie clip in film class.
(b) A hockey mask.
(c) A movie clip of a graveyard at night.
(d) A set of butcher knives.
14. Who was Marge Cohen?
(a) Newspaper editor.
(b) University president.
(c) Wally's wife.
(d) Prison school librarian.
15. How did Nancy get the clothing in #40?
(a) She stole it.
(b) Online store.
(d) Retail mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tabatha when her brother introduced her to pot and alcohol?
2. Which of the following is NOT a word that Wally uses to describe himself?
3. How old was Nancy at the beginning of her story?
4. What was notable about Nancy's family as she was growing up?
5. What was Carolyn wearing when she was initially arrested?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)