|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The True Face of Earth - Nancy Whiteley.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Wally conducted writing sessions with the women at the time he compiled this book?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
2. What does Wally keep by his phone to help prompt him to refuse the many solicitations he gets to support different causes?
(a) A full calendar.
(b) Index card with notes.
(c) A picture of his family.
(d) A card with the word NO.
3. Nancy had felt _______________ most of her life.
4. What was the name of the institution where Wally went to teach writing in 1999?
(a) Yarmouth Detention Center.
(b) Norwalk Correctional Institution.
(c) York Correctional Institution.
(d) Duke Behavioral Institute.
5. Which of the following is NOT a word that Wally uses to describe himself?
(a) History buff.
(b) Fiction writer.
(d) Family man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nancy was fifteen, she had a date ____________________.
2. Who was the prisoner who read two pages of her life story which encouraged the other women to do the same?
3. Why has Wally been asked to come teach at the facility in #6?
4. Nancy Whitely's story was one of striving to be _______________.
5. At what age did Nancy quit school?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)