|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What swarm of insects does the narrator describe flying through the air in the second part of the story, in the railway embankment scene?
2. What are the first things Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK have to bet with?
3. How does Qfwfq feel about N'ba N'ga?
(a) Qfwfq is embarrassed by N'ba N'ga.
(b) Qfwfq is afraid of N'ba N'ga.
(c) Qfwfq loves N'ba N'ga.
(d) Qfwfq is jealous of N'ba N'ga's watery home.
4. What begins to happen to Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK's bets after humanity appears on the scene?
(a) Dean (k)yK begins to win more bets.
(b) Qfwfq begins to win every bet, without exception.
(c) Dean (k)yK begins to win every bet, without exception.
(d) Dean (k)yK stops betting.
5. What does one of the spectators at the fight between Zahn and Qfwfq call out?
(a) Give it to him, Dinosaur!
(b) Run, Dinosaur!
(c) He's a Dinosaur!
(d) Die, Dinosaur!
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Lieutenant Fenimore use against the narrator?
2. What example of a detailed bet that he makes does Qfwfq give?
3. What sign does the narrator read that at first he's happy about, but later is disappointed by?
4. What is the second sign the narrator sees, when he is looking for reactions to his magnanimous and generous actions?
5. Who does the mollusk expect to develop sight but doesn't?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator see evolution as confining?
2. Why does the narrator get an enormous sign of a hand with a pointing finger?
3. Which bets does Qfwfq find most satisfying?
4. When does the narrator suppose that he might finally meet Ursula, and what does he fear about that potential meeting?
5. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
6. In the end of the mollusk's story, in what way does he encounter the female mollusk?
7. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
8. Describe the problems with the advice N'ba N'ga gives his family.
9. What does N'ba N'ga like about the water where he lives?
10. Why does the narrator not want to show his desire to meet Ursula at the beginning of the story "The Form of Space"?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)