|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Lieutenant Fenimore use against the narrator?
(a) A baton.
(b) A sword.
(c) A dart.
(d) A pistol.
2. What example of a detailed bet that he makes does Qfwfq give?
(a) How deep the Grand Canyon will be.
(b) Whether the Assyrians will invade Mesopotamia.
(c) What shape Australia's coastline will take.
(d) Where the Great Pyramids will be located.
3. What variables does the narrator use to refer to the two moments in his life that he thinks others must be observing from far-away galaxies?
(a) The variables e and c.
(b) The variables x and y.
(c) The variables pi and phi.
(d) The variables a and b.
4. What does the second sign that the narrator sees through his telescope say?
(a) I saw it.
(b) I know it.
(c) I know you.
(d) I saw you.
5. What sign does the narrator read that at first he's happy about, but later is disappointed by?
(a) Who's that fantastic fellow?
(b) Hey, fella, good job.
(c) This guy's pretty swell.
(d) That character's really on the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the New Ones do when they find the dinosaur body?
2. What does Lll dare Qfwfq to do when they are playing near the water?
3. Where is a dinosaur body uncovered?
4. How does the narrator first interact with a female?
5. How does Dean (k)yK try to back out of the bet that there will be atoms?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe being with Ursula H'x when their routes intersect?
2. Why does the narrator not want to show his desire to meet Ursula at the beginning of the story "The Form of Space"?
3. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
4. What second enormous hand sign does the narrator make, and why?
5. What does Qfwfq do with the body of the dinosaur the New Ones find?
6. How does the narrator see evolution as confining?
7. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
8. In what way, according to the narrator's description, does the existence of a shell bring about eyes and the ability to see?
9. What gives Qfwfq an advantage over Dean (k)yK when they bet during the early evolution of the universe?
10. What does N'ba N'ga like about the water where he lives?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)