|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the New Ones do when they find the dinosaur body?
(a) They move away from the area, now taboo.
(b) They burn the body out of fear.
(c) They celebrate.
(d) They hold a trial to determine the fate of the dinosaur.
2. Which of the following impossible fantasies does the narrator have in his shapeless form?
(a) Snapping his fingers.
(b) Shaking someone's hand.
(c) Crossing his legs.
3. For how long does Qfwfq say he was a dinosaur?
(a) About thirty million years.
(b) About fifty million years.
(c) About a hundred million years.
(d) About eighty million years.
4. Why does Qfwfq bet that there will be atoms?
(a) He reads a sign from a previous universe and interprets that it means there will be atoms soon.
(b) He gets a strange feeling like the weather is changing and intuits that atoms are coming.
(c) He makes mathematical calculations and predicts the atoms are coming.
(d) He sees one atom and realizes that more will probably follow soon.
5. How does the narrator know about females of his species?
(a) Through sounds.
(b) Through vibrations.
(c) Through smells.
(d) Through electric impulses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lieutenant Fenimore react when the narrator indicates he's seen a universe?
2. How does the narrator feel about the female he comes to notice?
3. What are the main things the narrator is aware of beyond himself?
4. What does the second sign that the narrator sees through his telescope say?
5. Who gives Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK the libraries, magazines, and computers they need for their calculations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator get an enormous sign of a hand with a pointing finger?
2. What does the narrator think the first sign he sees is referring to?
3. How does the narrator see evolution as confining?
4. When does the narrator suppose that he might finally meet Ursula, and what does he fear about that potential meeting?
5. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
6. Describe N'ba N'ga's objections to living on land.
7. How does Lll react when she first meets N'ba N'ga?
8. What explanation does the narrator give for caring about the opinion of whoever wrote the sign he first sees?
9. What does N'ba N'ga like about the water where he lives?
10. What happens to the initial wealth that Qfwfq builds up?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)