|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qfwfq think of N'ba N'ga's way of speaking?
(a) He speaks in riddles that are difficult to understand.
(b) His interesting metaphors are enlightening.
(c) His singsong speech is annoying.
(d) His language is archaic.
2. Where does Qfwfq want Lll to come away with him to?
(a) An underwater garden.
(b) A plain beyond the mountain.
(c) An island in the river.
(d) A system of caverns in the forest.
3. Who does the mollusk expect to develop sight but doesn't?
(a) Himself and the female mollusk.
(b) The eggs that the mollusks lay.
(c) The ocean and the sky.
(d) The mollusk shells.
4. What does the mollusk think of the development of eyesight?
(a) It's a terrible curse for those who have it.
(b) It's impossibly difficult.
(c) It's something that eventually all things must do.
(d) It's a trivial task compared to making a shell to be seen.
5. What does Qfwfq predict will happen to stars?
(a) They will begin emitting helium.
(b) They will break into smaller stars.
(c) They will burst into fire.
(d) They will slowly grow in size.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Qfwfq feel about N'ba N'ga?
2. Why is Lll more agile than Qfwfq?
3. What gives the narrator the idea that space has a shape and form?
4. What does the second sign that the narrator sees through his telescope say?
5. What type of fish is N'ba N'ga?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lieutenant Fenimore.
2. How do the New Ones' perception of dinosaurs change over the time Qfwfq is with them?
3. Why does the narrator not want to show his desire to meet Ursula at the beginning of the story "The Form of Space"?
4. What does the narrator think the first sign he sees is referring to?
5. Describe N'ba N'ga's objections to living on land.
6. How does Lll react when she first meets N'ba N'ga?
7. What explanation does the narrator give for caring about the opinion of whoever wrote the sign he first sees?
8. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
9. When does the narrator suppose that he might finally meet Ursula, and what does he fear about that potential meeting?
10. Why does the narrator get an enormous sign of a hand with a pointing finger?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)