|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does N'ba N'ga say his relatives get from living on land?
2. What weapon does Lieutenant Fenimore use against the narrator?
(a) A sword.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A baton.
(d) A dart.
3. How does Dean (k)yK try to back out of the bet that there will be atoms?
(a) He denies that he ever accepted a bet.
(b) He tries to deny that the atoms are atoms.
(c) He says that they never shook hands on the bet.
(d) He accuses Qfwfq of cheating on the bet.
4. What does the first sign the narrator sees say?
(a) I saw you.
(b) I saw it.
(c) I know you.
(d) I know it.
5. Where is a dinosaur body uncovered?
(a) A melting glacier.
(b) A cavern.
(c) A rock slide.
(d) A tar pit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unplanned benefit does the shell give the narrator?
2. What sign does the narrator see, when he looks up in anticipation of a reaction to the second event, of which he is proud?
3. What does Qfwfq discover when he goes to spy out the reported dinosaurs?
4. What bet does Qfwfq make about Signorina Giuseppina Pensotti before she (or humanity at all) yet exists?
5. Where does Qfwfq want Lll to come away with him to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qfwfq do with the body of the dinosaur the New Ones find?
2. What does N'ba N'ga like about the water where he lives?
3. How does the narrator see evolution as confining?
4. Describe the problems with the advice N'ba N'ga gives his family.
5. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
6. Why does the narrator not want to show his desire to meet Ursula at the beginning of the story "The Form of Space"?
7. What does the narrator think the first sign he sees is referring to?
8. In what way, according to the narrator's description, does the existence of a shell bring about eyes and the ability to see?
9. How does the narrator describe being with Ursula H'x when their routes intersect?
10. What explanation does the narrator give for caring about the opinion of whoever wrote the sign he first sees?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)