|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the spectators at the fight between Zahn and Qfwfq call out?
(a) Give it to him, Dinosaur!
(b) Run, Dinosaur!
(c) He's a Dinosaur!
(d) Die, Dinosaur!
2. What are the first things Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK have to bet with?
3. What example of a detailed bet that he makes does Qfwfq give?
(a) What shape Australia's coastline will take.
(b) How deep the Grand Canyon will be.
(c) Whether the Assyrians will invade Mesopotamia.
(d) Where the Great Pyramids will be located.
4. Where does N'ba N'ga live?
(a) In the shallow edge of a lagoon.
(b) In a quiet cove on the edge of the sea.
(c) In a rock formation in a river.
(d) In a bay inlet, near a waterfall.
5. What does Qfwfq predict will happen to stars?
(a) They will begin emitting helium.
(b) They will break into smaller stars.
(c) They will burst into fire.
(d) They will slowly grow in size.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the whole family visit N'ba N'ga to get his advice?
2. What name do the New Ones give to Qfwfq?
3. Where is a dinosaur body uncovered?
4. To what does the narrator compare the paths of the characters' falls?
5. How does the narrator know about females of his species?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the narrator suppose that he might finally meet Ursula, and what does he fear about that potential meeting?
2. What does the narrator think the first sign he sees is referring to?
3. Describe Lieutenant Fenimore.
4. Why does the narrator not want to show his desire to meet Ursula at the beginning of the story "The Form of Space"?
5. What causes the narrator's suspicions about the female he encounters?
6. Why does the narrator get an enormous sign of a hand with a pointing finger?
7. How does Lll react when she first meets N'ba N'ga?
8. Describe the problems with the advice N'ba N'ga gives his family.
9. What does N'ba N'ga like about the water where he lives?
10. What explanation does the narrator give for caring about the opinion of whoever wrote the sign he first sees?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)