|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Lieutenant Fenimore use against the narrator?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A dart.
(c) A baton.
(d) A sword.
2. What does one of the spectators at the fight between Zahn and Qfwfq call out?
(a) Run, Dinosaur!
(b) Give it to him, Dinosaur!
(c) Die, Dinosaur!
(d) He's a Dinosaur!
3. What are the main things the narrator is aware of beyond himself?
(a) The dirt and the rain.
(b) The rock and the water.
(c) The mud and the plants.
(d) The sky and the air.
4. What is the first bet Qfwfq makes before the beginning of the universe?
(a) That there will be a universe.
(b) That there was a previous universe.
(c) That the universe will begin at a specific point.
(d) That matter will exist.
5. Why is the narrator certain Ursula H'x and Lieutenant Fenimore can't meet?
(a) They cannot move as they fall.
(b) Ursula H'x is completely contained in an inaccessible sphere.
(c) Lieutenant Fenimore and Ursula H'x are in separate dimensions.
(d) They are all falling parallel to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Qfwfq feel about N'ba N'ga?
2. How does the narrator see the shape of space?
3. When Fern-flower dreams of a dinosaur being teased, what does she do in the dream?
4. What does Ursula H'x do as she falls?
5. What sign does the narrator read that at first he's happy about, but later is disappointed by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qfwfq do with the body of the dinosaur the New Ones find?
2. What causes the narrator's suspicions about the female he encounters?
3. Which bets does Qfwfq find most satisfying?
4. What happens to the initial wealth that Qfwfq builds up?
5. Describe Lieutenant Fenimore.
6. What is the attitude of the New Ones to the Dinosaurs, when Qfwfq first encounters the New Ones after his period of isolation?
7. In what way, according to the narrator's description, does the existence of a shell bring about eyes and the ability to see?
8. How does the narrator describe being with Ursula H'x when their routes intersect?
9. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
10. How does the narrator see evolution as confining?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)