|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What variables does the narrator use to refer to the two moments in his life that he thinks others must be observing from far-away galaxies?
(a) The variables a and b.
(b) The variables pi and phi.
(c) The variables x and y.
(d) The variables e and c.
2. What begins to happen to Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK's bets after humanity appears on the scene?
(a) Dean (k)yK begins to win every bet, without exception.
(b) Qfwfq begins to win every bet, without exception.
(c) Dean (k)yK stops betting.
(d) Dean (k)yK begins to win more bets.
3. Where does the narrator strike Lieutenant Fenimore as he falls on him?
(a) On the gluteus maximus.
(b) On the cranium.
(c) On the cervical vertibrae.
(d) In the spleen.
4. When Fern-flower dreams of a dinosaur being teased, what does she do in the dream?
(a) She watches and finds it upsetting.
(b) She protects the dinosaur.
(c) She teases the dinosaur.
(d) She watches and finds it funny.
5. How does the narrator know about females of his species?
(a) Through vibrations.
(b) Through sounds.
(c) Through electric impulses.
(d) Through smells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Qfwfq bet that there will be atoms?
2. What does the second sign that the narrator sees through his telescope say?
3. How does Lieutenant Fenimore react when the narrator indicates he's seen a universe?
4. Where is a dinosaur body uncovered?
5. What are the main things the narrator is aware of beyond himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the narrator's suspicions about the female he encounters?
2. What happens to the initial wealth that Qfwfq builds up?
3. What does Qfwfq do with the body of the dinosaur the New Ones find?
4. Describe Lieutenant Fenimore.
5. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
6. Describe the problems with the advice N'ba N'ga gives his family.
7. How does the narrator see evolution as confining?
8. What is the attitude of the New Ones to the Dinosaurs, when Qfwfq first encounters the New Ones after his period of isolation?
9. In the end of the mollusk's story, in what way does he encounter the female mollusk?
10. How do the New Ones' perception of dinosaurs change over the time Qfwfq is with them?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)