|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qfwfq identify as the first numbers to exist?
(a) The numbers i and 0.
(b) The numbers pi and phi.
(c) The numbers e and pi.
(d) The numbers 0 and 1.
2. How does Dean (k)yK try to back out of the bet that there will be atoms?
(a) He denies that he ever accepted a bet.
(b) He says that they never shook hands on the bet.
(c) He tries to deny that the atoms are atoms.
(d) He accuses Qfwfq of cheating on the bet.
3. How much does the narrator plan the details of his shell's appearance?
(a) He doesn't plan it at all.
(b) He plans it in specific detail, but it doesn't turn out quite like planned.
(c) He plans it in specific detail, and it turns out as planned.
(d) He plans a general outline.
4. Where does the narrator strike Lieutenant Fenimore as he falls on him?
(a) In the spleen.
(b) On the gluteus maximus.
(c) On the cervical vertibrae.
(d) On the cranium.
5. When Fern-flower dreams of a dinosaur being teased, what does she do in the dream?
(a) She teases the dinosaur.
(b) She watches and finds it upsetting.
(c) She watches and finds it funny.
(d) She protects the dinosaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qfwfq do when a New One first calls to him?
2. Where is a dinosaur body uncovered?
3. What does the dinosaur do in the dream Fern-flower first tells Qfwfq about?
4. Who does Ursula H'x always look at as she falls?
5. What does the second sign that the narrator sees through his telescope say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the attitude of the New Ones to the Dinosaurs, when Qfwfq first encounters the New Ones after his period of isolation?
2. What causes the narrator's suspicions about the female he encounters?
3. What does N'ba N'ga like about the water where he lives?
4. Describe N'ba N'ga's objections to living on land.
5. Why does the narrator get an enormous sign of a hand with a pointing finger?
6. In the end of the mollusk's story, in what way does he encounter the female mollusk?
7. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
8. When does the narrator suppose that he might finally meet Ursula, and what does he fear about that potential meeting?
9. What second enormous hand sign does the narrator make, and why?
10. Which bets does Qfwfq find most satisfying?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)