|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the narrator plan the details of his shell's appearance?
(a) He plans it in specific detail, and it turns out as planned.
(b) He doesn't plan it at all.
(c) He plans a general outline.
(d) He plans it in specific detail, but it doesn't turn out quite like planned.
2. What gives the narrator the idea that space has a shape and form?
(a) Watching universes fly by.
(b) Watching Lieutenant Fenimore move.
(c) Watching his own unconscious movements.
(d) Watching Ursula H'x move.
3. What does the narrator say the sign "This time I like you." refers to?
(a) The time he left a manuscript on a train.
(b) The time he locked himself out of his house.
(c) The time he ignored the doorbell because he didn't wat to see his great-aunt.
(d) The time he wore mismatched socks.
4. How does Dean (k)yK try to back out of the bet that there will be atoms?
(a) He says that they never shook hands on the bet.
(b) He accuses Qfwfq of cheating on the bet.
(c) He denies that he ever accepted a bet.
(d) He tries to deny that the atoms are atoms.
5. What does Qfwfq identify as the first numbers to exist?
(a) The numbers e and pi.
(b) The numbers 0 and 1.
(c) The numbers pi and phi.
(d) The numbers i and 0.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ursula H'x always look at as she falls?
2. What is the second sign the narrator sees, when he is looking for reactions to his magnanimous and generous actions?
3. Where does the narrator strike Lieutenant Fenimore as he falls on him?
4. What things do Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK lack at first that makes betting difficult?
5. What does the dinosaur do in the dream Fern-flower first tells Qfwfq about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe N'ba N'ga's objections to living on land.
2. How does Lll react when she first meets N'ba N'ga?
3. What second enormous hand sign does the narrator make, and why?
4. How does the narrator describe being with Ursula H'x when their routes intersect?
5. What gives Qfwfq an advantage over Dean (k)yK when they bet during the early evolution of the universe?
6. In the end of the mollusk's story, in what way does he encounter the female mollusk?
7. Which bets does Qfwfq find most satisfying?
8. What does the narrator think the first sign he sees is referring to?
9. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
10. What does Qfwfq do with the body of the dinosaur the New Ones find?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)