|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the New Ones subsist?
(a) They gather berries, mushrooms, and vegetables from the woods.
(b) They hunt deer in the woods.
(c) They grow vegetables in gardens.
(d) They catch fish from the river.
2. Where does the narrator strike Lieutenant Fenimore as he falls on him?
(a) In the spleen.
(b) On the cranium.
(c) On the gluteus maximus.
(d) On the cervical vertibrae.
3. What does the second sign that the narrator sees through his telescope say?
(a) I saw it.
(b) I know you.
(c) I saw you.
(d) I know it.
4. When Fern-flower dreams of a dinosaur being teased, what does she do in the dream?
(a) She watches and finds it funny.
(b) She protects the dinosaur.
(c) She watches and finds it upsetting.
(d) She teases the dinosaur.
5. What things do Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK lack at first that makes betting difficult?
(a) Other people to referree the bets and fix disputes.
(b) Symbols, money, and numbers.
(c) Senses to see the world around them with.
(d) Pencils and paper to track their bets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unplanned benefit does the shell give the narrator?
2. What does the narrator describe the making of his shell as?
3. What begins to happen to Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK's bets after humanity appears on the scene?
4. Where are the universes that the narrator sees as he falls?
5. What does Lll dare Qfwfq to do when they are playing near the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What second enormous hand sign does the narrator make, and why?
2. Why does the narrator not want to show his desire to meet Ursula at the beginning of the story "The Form of Space"?
3. How do the New Ones' perception of dinosaurs change over the time Qfwfq is with them?
4. In the end of the mollusk's story, in what way does he encounter the female mollusk?
5. How does the narrator describe being with Ursula H'x when their routes intersect?
6. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
7. When does the narrator suppose that he might finally meet Ursula, and what does he fear about that potential meeting?
8. Why does the narrator get an enormous sign of a hand with a pointing finger?
9. Describe the problems with the advice N'ba N'ga gives his family.
10. How does Lll react when she first meets N'ba N'ga?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)