|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator know about females of his species?
(a) Through vibrations.
(b) Through smells.
(c) Through sounds.
(d) Through electric impulses.
2. What does Qfwfq predict will happen to stars?
(a) They will break into smaller stars.
(b) They will burst into fire.
(c) They will slowly grow in size.
(d) They will begin emitting helium.
3. What is N'ba N'ga's relationship to Qfwfq?
(a) He is a grandfather.
(b) He is a great-grandfather.
(c) He is a great-uncle.
(d) He is an elder third cousin.
4. Who gives Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK the libraries, magazines, and computers they need for their calculations?
(a) An International Conglomerate.
(b) A Government Agency.
(c) A Research Foundation.
(d) A University Grant.
5. What example of a detailed bet that he makes does Qfwfq give?
(a) Where the Great Pyramids will be located.
(b) Whether the Assyrians will invade Mesopotamia.
(c) How deep the Grand Canyon will be.
(d) What shape Australia's coastline will take.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does N'ba N'ga live?
2. What do the New Ones do when they find the dinosaur body?
3. What things do Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK lack at first that makes betting difficult?
4. What sign does the narrator read that at first he's happy about, but later is disappointed by?
5. How do the New Ones subsist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe N'ba N'ga's objections to living on land.
2. Why does the narrator get an enormous sign of a hand with a pointing finger?
3. How does the narrator describe being with Ursula H'x when their routes intersect?
4. What does N'ba N'ga like about the water where he lives?
5. What does the narrator think the first sign he sees is referring to?
6. What gives Qfwfq an advantage over Dean (k)yK when they bet during the early evolution of the universe?
7. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
8. What second enormous hand sign does the narrator make, and why?
9. What is the attitude of the New Ones to the Dinosaurs, when Qfwfq first encounters the New Ones after his period of isolation?
10. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)