|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is N'ba N'ga's relationship to Qfwfq?
(a) He is a grandfather.
(b) He is a great-uncle.
(c) He is an elder third cousin.
(d) He is a great-grandfather.
2. How far away is the galaxy where the narrator sees the sign?
(a) Fifty million light years.
(b) A hundred million light years.
(c) A hundred and fifty million light years.
(d) Ten million light years.
3. What does Lll dare Qfwfq to do when they are playing near the water?
(a) Make as big a splash as he can.
(b) Get as close to the water as he can.
(c) Hold his breath under water as long as he can.
(d) Run through the waves as fast as he can.
4. What does Lll do after N'ba N'ga says that he could teach her to live in the water?
(a) She gives N'ba N'ga a kiss.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She immediately jumps in the water.
(d) She laughs and runs off.
5. Why is Lll more agile than Qfwfq?
(a) She has a new kind of knee joint.
(b) She has run races all her life.
(c) She was born on land.
(d) She is younger than Qfwfq.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fish is N'ba N'ga?
2. What does the mollusk think of the development of eyesight?
3. What begins to happen to Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK's bets after humanity appears on the scene?
4. What does N'ba N'ga say his relatives get from living on land?
5. What does Qfwfq think of N'ba N'ga's way of speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does N'ba N'ga like about the water where he lives?
2. What does Qfwfq do with the body of the dinosaur the New Ones find?
3. Describe the problems with the advice N'ba N'ga gives his family.
4. In what way, according to the narrator's description, does the existence of a shell bring about eyes and the ability to see?
5. What is the attitude of the New Ones to the Dinosaurs, when Qfwfq first encounters the New Ones after his period of isolation?
6. How do the New Ones' perception of dinosaurs change over the time Qfwfq is with them?
7. What happens to the initial wealth that Qfwfq builds up?
8. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
9. How does Lll react when she first meets N'ba N'ga?
10. What explanation does the narrator give for caring about the opinion of whoever wrote the sign he first sees?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)