|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the paths of the characters' falls?
(a) Lines of handwriting.
(b) Strands of hair.
(c) Vines on a trellis.
(d) Metal chains.
2. What gives the narrator the idea that space has a shape and form?
(a) Watching Lieutenant Fenimore move.
(b) Watching universes fly by.
(c) Watching his own unconscious movements.
(d) Watching Ursula H'x move.
3. How does the narrator first interact with a female?
(a) He fertilizes her eggs.
(b) He dances around her.
(c) He follows her path.
(d) He bumps into her.
4. What does the narrator say the sign "Tchk Tchk" refers to?
(a) The time he gave a third of his salary to charity.
(b) The time he quit his job because they asked him to do something wrong.
(c) The time he swerved and crashed his car to avoid hitting a dog.
(d) The time he stopped a bully from beating up a child.
5. How often does the whole family visit N'ba N'ga to get his advice?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Once a century.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a decade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Zahn recommend Qfwfq for, which Qfwfq would rather not do?
2. What sign does the narrator read that at first he's happy about, but later is disappointed by?
3. Where is a dinosaur body uncovered?
4. During what period did the dinosaurs die out?
5. What does Ursula H'x do as she falls?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the narrator suppose that he might finally meet Ursula, and what does he fear about that potential meeting?
2. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
3. What is the attitude of the New Ones to the Dinosaurs, when Qfwfq first encounters the New Ones after his period of isolation?
4. What gives Qfwfq an advantage over Dean (k)yK when they bet during the early evolution of the universe?
5. What second enormous hand sign does the narrator make, and why?
6. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
7. What explanation does the narrator give for caring about the opinion of whoever wrote the sign he first sees?
8. Describe Lieutenant Fenimore.
9. In what way, according to the narrator's description, does the existence of a shell bring about eyes and the ability to see?
10. Describe N'ba N'ga's objections to living on land.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)