|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bet does Qfwfq make about Signorina Giuseppina Pensotti before she (or humanity at all) yet exists?
(a) How many footsteps she will take in her lifetime.
(b) What exact date she will die.
(c) Whether she turns right or left on a specific day, coming out of her house.
(d) How many children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren she will have.
2. Why is Lll more agile than Qfwfq?
(a) She has a new kind of knee joint.
(b) She is younger than Qfwfq.
(c) She was born on land.
(d) She has run races all her life.
3. Why is the narrator certain Ursula H'x and Lieutenant Fenimore can't meet?
(a) They are all falling parallel to each other.
(b) Lieutenant Fenimore and Ursula H'x are in separate dimensions.
(c) Ursula H'x is completely contained in an inaccessible sphere.
(d) They cannot move as they fall.
4. Where is a dinosaur body uncovered?
(a) A tar pit.
(b) A melting glacier.
(c) A rock slide.
(d) A cavern.
5. Where does N'ba N'ga live?
(a) In a bay inlet, near a waterfall.
(b) In the shallow edge of a lagoon.
(c) In a quiet cove on the edge of the sea.
(d) In a rock formation in a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fern-flower dreams of a dinosaur being teased, what does she do in the dream?
2. How does the narrator feel about the female he comes to notice?
3. Where does Qfwfq want Lll to come away with him to?
4. What gives the narrator the idea that space has a shape and form?
5. What type of fish is N'ba N'ga?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe N'ba N'ga's objections to living on land.
2. What does Qfwfq do with the body of the dinosaur the New Ones find?
3. What causes the narrator's suspicions about the female he encounters?
4. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
5. In what way, according to the narrator's description, does the existence of a shell bring about eyes and the ability to see?
6. What gives Qfwfq an advantage over Dean (k)yK when they bet during the early evolution of the universe?
7. Which bets does Qfwfq find most satisfying?
8. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
9. What second enormous hand sign does the narrator make, and why?
10. What is the attitude of the New Ones to the Dinosaurs, when Qfwfq first encounters the New Ones after his period of isolation?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)