|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign does the narrator see, when he looks up in anticipation of a reaction to the second event, of which he is proud?
(a) Oh, well.
(b) I missed it.
(d) Not at home.
2. What does the narrator say the sign "Tchk Tchk" refers to?
(a) The time he quit his job because they asked him to do something wrong.
(b) The time he swerved and crashed his car to avoid hitting a dog.
(c) The time he gave a third of his salary to charity.
(d) The time he stopped a bully from beating up a child.
3. Where does the narrator strike Lieutenant Fenimore as he falls on him?
(a) On the cranium.
(b) On the cervical vertibrae.
(c) On the gluteus maximus.
(d) In the spleen.
4. Who does Ursula H'x always look at as she falls?
(a) Lieutenant Fenimore.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Both the narrator and Lieutenant Fenimore.
(d) No one.
5. When Ursula H'x begins swaying during her fall, what does Lieutenant Fenimore do?
(a) He looks away.
(b) He lunges toward her.
(c) He begins staring at her, hypnotized.
(d) He begins to imitate her swaying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lll dare Qfwfq to do when they are playing near the water?
2. What job does Zahn recommend Qfwfq for, which Qfwfq would rather not do?
3. Where does N'ba N'ga say is a good hunting ground?
4. How does Dean (k)yK react when Qfwfq loses a bet?
5. Who does the mollusk expect to develop sight but doesn't?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way, according to the narrator's description, does the existence of a shell bring about eyes and the ability to see?
2. What gives Qfwfq an advantage over Dean (k)yK when they bet during the early evolution of the universe?
3. What happens to the initial wealth that Qfwfq builds up?
4. How does Lll react when she first meets N'ba N'ga?
5. Describe the problems with the advice N'ba N'ga gives his family.
6. Why does the narrator get an enormous sign of a hand with a pointing finger?
7. In the end of the mollusk's story, in what way does he encounter the female mollusk?
8. Describe N'ba N'ga's objections to living on land.
9. Why does the narrator not want to show his desire to meet Ursula at the beginning of the story "The Form of Space"?
10. What is the attitude of the New Ones to the Dinosaurs, when Qfwfq first encounters the New Ones after his period of isolation?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)