|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Qfwfq say he was a dinosaur?
(a) About eighty million years.
(b) About a hundred million years.
(c) About fifty million years.
(d) About thirty million years.
2. What is N'ba N'ga's relationship to Qfwfq?
(a) He is an elder third cousin.
(b) He is a great-uncle.
(c) He is a great-grandfather.
(d) He is a grandfather.
3. What begins to happen to Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK's bets after humanity appears on the scene?
(a) Dean (k)yK stops betting.
(b) Qfwfq begins to win every bet, without exception.
(c) Dean (k)yK begins to win more bets.
(d) Dean (k)yK begins to win every bet, without exception.
4. How often does the whole family visit N'ba N'ga to get his advice?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a century.
(d) Once a decade.
5. What are the first things Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK have to bet with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fish is N'ba N'ga?
2. What is the first bet Qfwfq makes before the beginning of the universe?
3. To what does the narrator compare the paths of the characters' falls?
4. How does Lieutenant Fenimore react when the narrator indicates he's seen a universe?
5. What is the second sign the narrator sees, when he is looking for reactions to his magnanimous and generous actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
2. What does the narrator think the first sign he sees is referring to?
3. In what way, according to the narrator's description, does the existence of a shell bring about eyes and the ability to see?
4. What does N'ba N'ga like about the water where he lives?
5. Describe the problems with the advice N'ba N'ga gives his family.
6. When does the narrator suppose that he might finally meet Ursula, and what does he fear about that potential meeting?
7. What causes the narrator's suspicions about the female he encounters?
8. What gives Qfwfq an advantage over Dean (k)yK when they bet during the early evolution of the universe?
9. How does Lll react when she first meets N'ba N'ga?
10. Why does the narrator get an enormous sign of a hand with a pointing finger?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)