|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Zahn recommend Qfwfq for, which Qfwfq would rather not do?
(a) Exploring new territory.
(b) Defending the village.
(c) Being ambassador to neighboring species.
(d) Ruling the village.
2. For how long does Qfwfq say he was a dinosaur?
(a) About thirty million years.
(b) About a hundred million years.
(c) About eighty million years.
(d) About fifty million years.
3. What name do the New Ones give to Qfwfq?
(a) The Ugly One.
(b) The Large One.
(c) The Grimacing One.
(d) The Sad One.
4. What does the narrator anticipate with relief at the end of "The Light-Years"?
(a) All the galaxies moving so far away that he can't communicate with them or change their opinions.
(b) The results of a final judgment on him from one central galaxy.
(c) A time when the galaxies all contract back together and he can communnicate more quickly.
(d) A way finally emerging that he can communicate more fully across space, to make his situation clear.
5. What things do Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK lack at first that makes betting difficult?
(a) Pencils and paper to track their bets.
(b) Symbols, money, and numbers.
(c) Senses to see the world around them with.
(d) Other people to referree the bets and fix disputes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lll dare Qfwfq to do when they are playing near the water?
2. Where does N'ba N'ga say is a good hunting ground?
3. What does Qfwfq discover when he goes to spy out the reported dinosaurs?
4. To what does the narrator compare the paths of the characters' falls?
5. What does N'ba N'ga say his relatives get from living on land?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)