|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ursula H'x always look at as she falls?
(a) Lieutenant Fenimore.
(b) Both the narrator and Lieutenant Fenimore.
(c) No one.
(d) The narrator.
2. How does the narrator first interact with a female?
(a) He follows her path.
(b) He bumps into her.
(c) He fertilizes her eggs.
(d) He dances around her.
3. Why is the narrator certain Ursula H'x and Lieutenant Fenimore can't meet?
(a) They are all falling parallel to each other.
(b) They cannot move as they fall.
(c) Lieutenant Fenimore and Ursula H'x are in separate dimensions.
(d) Ursula H'x is completely contained in an inaccessible sphere.
4. What bet does Qfwfq make about Signorina Giuseppina Pensotti before she (or humanity at all) yet exists?
(a) How many footsteps she will take in her lifetime.
(b) How many children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren she will have.
(c) Whether she turns right or left on a specific day, coming out of her house.
(d) What exact date she will die.
5. What are the main things the narrator is aware of beyond himself?
(a) The mud and the plants.
(b) The dirt and the rain.
(c) The rock and the water.
(d) The sky and the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Qfwfq say he was a dinosaur?
2. What does the narrator describe the making of his shell as?
3. What sign does the narrator read that at first he's happy about, but later is disappointed by?
4. After the narrator speculates that Ursula H'x and Lieutenant Fenimore might have met at some time in the past, what does he deduce from this speculation?
5. What does Qfwfq do when a New One first calls to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way, according to the narrator's description, does the existence of a shell bring about eyes and the ability to see?
2. How does Qfwfq describe Dean (k)yK, on a typical day in the present?
3. How does Lll react when she first meets N'ba N'ga?
4. What does the narrator think the first sign he sees is referring to?
5. What does N'ba N'ga like about the water where he lives?
6. When does the narrator suppose that he might finally meet Ursula, and what does he fear about that potential meeting?
7. What explanation does the narrator give for caring about the opinion of whoever wrote the sign he first sees?
8. Why does the narrator not want to show his desire to meet Ursula at the beginning of the story "The Form of Space"?
9. What does Qfwfq do with the body of the dinosaur the New Ones find?
10. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)