|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Buddha teach about karma?
2. What is the name of the study of the process of aging?
3. Who first postulated that all chemical elements fall into eight families?
4. How many circuits does Timothy Leary believe the human brain possesses?
5. What is Crowleymas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Einstein-Rosen-Podolsky demonstration indicate?
2. When does the fourth circuit in Timothy Leary's construct of brain function appear in the developing human being?
3. How did Timothy Leary help Wilson endure the death of his daughter Luna?
4. What did Charles Berlitz have in common with Wilson?
5. Which paranormal phenomena does Wilson believe can be accounted for within the possibilities of quantum theory?
6. What is the Black Rite?
7. What do the four brain circuits have in common that has dominated Western thought?
8. What does Wilson say inevitably happens to conspiracy buffs?
9. What effect did poverty have on Wilson's understanding?
10. What is the function of the third circuit in Timothy Leary's construct of brain function?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wilson makes reference to Sufism throughout the book. Research the religion and explain its basic tenets in an informational essay.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Wilson's statement, "Belief is the death of intelligence." Include quotations from the text, such as, "The more one believes, the less there is to think about." Do you agree or disagree that belief prevents thought? Use examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Wilson quotes the philosopher Santayana as saying we are much better at believing than we are at seeing. Explain this statement and support or refute it with examples from the text.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)