|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kerry Thornley come to believe about the Discordians?
2. What is Crowleymas?
3. What does Dr. Paul Segall define as a stochastic process?
4. Who is the first "real" head of the "real" Illuminati?
5. When did Saul-Paul Sirag believe time machines would be developed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wilson's daughter Luna stop the wheel of Karma?
2. What is COINTELPRO?
3. What caused Wilson to become fearless?
4. What would pull the "cosmic trigger," according to Robert Temple in the Sirius Mystery?
5. What does the Einstein-Rosen-Podolsky demonstration indicate?
6. Which paranormal phenomena does Wilson believe can be accounted for within the possibilities of quantum theory?
7. What approaches to immortality have been researched by Dr. Paul Segall?
8. How did Timothy Leary help Wilson endure the death of his daughter Luna?
9. How were the pivotal events in Nikolas Tesla's life parallel to events in the life of Gopi Krishna?
10. How is the fifth brain circuitry activated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Timothy Leary's introduction, he characterizes this book as an epic or an odyssey. Detail how this book qualifies as a story of a quest, using examples from the text. In what sense is Wilson a voyager, an adventurer, or a hero?
Essay Topic 2
Various organizations throughout history have claimed the title of Illuminati. Write a persuasive essay outlining whether you do or do not believe that such an organization is active in world politics today.
Essay Topic 3
Select one of the experts quoted most often in this book: Timothy Leary, Aleister Crowley, Carlos Castaneda, Aldous Huxley, Neils Bohr, Marshal McLuhan, etc. Research that person's writing to write a further analysis of his contribution to paranormal research.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)