|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kerry Thornley come to believe about the Discordians?
2. Who wrote The Day the Dollar Dies?
3. Who was Dennis Martino?
4. According to Timothy Leary, what kind of parents did Lao-Tse say were most likely to experience the Great Tao?
5. Why does Wilson think it ironic that the play Illuminatus was presented under the patronage of Queen Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bell's Theorem suggest about the Einstein-Rosen-Podolsky demonstration?
2. How does Timothy Leary describe the invertebrate part of the brain?
3. What is superluminal information?
4. When does the fourth circuit in Timothy Leary's construct of brain function appear in the developing human being?
5. Why does Willard Cantelon believe the Illuminati are plotting to wreck the international financial system and cause the disruption or fall of all strong governments?
6. How is the fifth brain circuitry activated?
7. How does Timothy Leary describe the emotional circuit of the brain?
8. What does the Einstein-Rosen-Podolsky demonstration indicate?
9. What is the Black Rite?
10. What would pull the "cosmic trigger," according to Robert Temple in the Sirius Mystery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Wilson mean when he says that research into the occult eventually leads into "Chapel Perilous?" Using quotations and examples from the text, explain the concept of Chapel Perilous, and what happens to an individual who goes there.
Essay Topic 2
Wilson contends that the War on Drugs has led to more unregulated drug use and actually created hazardous situations rather than protecting people from dangerous drugs. Support or refute his argument with facts from the text and your own research.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Wilson's statement, "Belief is the death of intelligence." Include quotations from the text, such as, "The more one believes, the less there is to think about." Do you agree or disagree that belief prevents thought? Use examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)