|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, his data is in direct conflict with what?
2. What fact does Nuit say is actually a lie?
3. What does Timothy Leary say is the message?
4. Who started the Bavarian Illuminati?
5. What does the goddess Nuit claim to have done for the author in his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three submodels for Bell's Theorem that all things are indivisible?
2. What example does Wilson give of what Freud calls "projection"?
3. How was the experience of Joseph Simonton typical or atypical of UFO contactees?
4. What are the rules for the Socratic approach in Discordianism?
5. What mistreatment of Dr. Wilhelm Reich left Wilson suspicious of the U.S. government?
6. What effect did research into the Bavarian Illuminati have on Wilson's life?
7. What are the seven factors Timothy Leary uses in comparing all human interaction to a game model?
8. What does Wilson consider to have been Aleister Crowley's major achievement?
9. What does Timothy Leary believe is the purpose of the higher neurological circuits that are turned on by use of psychedelic drugs?
10. What are the two meta-models Wilson suggests to account for all of his data?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wilson argues that disinformation - the deliberate dissemination of untruths by government and other institutions - led to a state of widespread paranoia in the U.S. during the Nixon administration. Support or refute his argument with facts from the text and your own research.
Essay Topic 2
Wilson contends that the War on Drugs has led to more unregulated drug use and actually created hazardous situations rather than protecting people from dangerous drugs. Support or refute his argument with facts from the text and your own research.
Essay Topic 3
Timothy Leary is quoted by Wilson as quoting Haeckel's saying that "ontology recapitulates phylogeny." The individual's development repeats, step-by-step, the evolution of the species. In your essay, analyze and explain this idea.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)