|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Jacques Vallee believe about extraterrestrial communication?
(a) It is scientific because it can be duplicated in a laboratory.
(b) It is neurological, not extraterrestrial.
(c) It is a 20th century phenomenon.
(d) It is extraterrestrial, not neurological.
2. How many neurological circuits does Timothy Leary believe human beings have?
3. What does the author learn from giving divinations with Tarot cards?
(a) It is impossible to deceive the honest in heart.
(b) It is easy to deceive those who are most skeptical.
(c) It is easy to deceive those who want to believe.
(d) It is difficult to deceive those who are pure in heart.
4. Why does the author ban the word "I" from his conversation for one week?
(a) To demonstrate humility.
(b) To participate more fullly in the general consciousness.
(c) To increase his interest in his fellow man.
(d) To overcome subjectivity and self-centeredness.
5. What does Timothy Leary say is the message?
(a) That we are all capable of higher intelligence.
(b) That the message keeps changing.
(c) That freedom is our heritage.
(d) That man is designed for bliss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the common response when famous people claim extraterrestrial communication?
2. What does the author claim that marijuana enabled him to do?
3. What is a Satori?
4. Who dictated the Book of the Law to Aleister Crowley?
5. What does the goddess Nuit claim to have done for the author in his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the philosopher Santayana believe that humans are better at seeing or believing?
2. What were the Starseed Transmissions?
3. What three factors does Timothy Leary claim are essential to experimentation with psychedelic drugs?
4. What are the different forms taken by Mescalito in different myth systems?
5. What is Chapel Perilous?
6. What effect did research into the Bavarian Illuminati have on Wilson's life?
7. How was the experience of Joseph Simonton typical or atypical of UFO contactees?
8. How does one achieve Discordian enlightenment?
9. What are the dog days?
10. What faculty did Wilson develop while doing a Tarot card divination for his daughter Karuna?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)