|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug did Wilson say led him to Hedonic Gratification?
2. Who imprisoned Timothy Leary after he escaped from an American prison?
(a) A Russian prison in Moscow.
(b) A Cuban prison in Havana.
(c) The Black Panthers in Algiers.
(d) An international prison in Switzerland.
3. Who coined the term "metaprogramming substances" for mind-altering drugs?
(a) Timothy Leary.
(b) John Lilly, M.D.
(c) Robert Anton Wilson.
(d) Humphrey Osmond, M.D.
4. According to the author, his data is in direct conflict with what?
(c) Science fiction.
(d) Common sense.
5. What is QUIP?
(a) The Querulous Invisibility Principle.
(b) The Quick Irradiating Principle.
(c) The Quantum Inseparability Principle.
(d) The Quietly Investigating Paradigm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phenomenon does Wilson claim has been verified by thousands of researchers over a period of decades?
2. What did African tribesmen know about Sirius before scientists had telescopes?
3. What mystical experience happened to the author's youngest daughter Luna?
4. What did Joseph Simonton claim to receive from an extraterrestrial?
5. How many Starseed Transmissions were given to the four receivers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wilson evaluate the California Medical Facility in Vacaville where Timothy Leary was imprisoned?
2. How was the experience of Joseph Simonton typical or atypical of UFO contactees?
3. What are the seven factors Timothy Leary uses in comparing all human interaction to a game model?
4. What reason does Wilson postulate for the public ignoring scientists' reports of extraterrestrial communication?
5. What is Chapel Perilous?
6. What mistreatment of Dr. Wilhelm Reich left Wilson suspicious of the U.S. government?
7. What are the two meta-models Wilson suggests to account for all of his data?
8. According to Wilson's interpretation of Sufi teaching, when is the moment you are closer to Illumination than at any other time?
9. What caused Wilson to begin to suspect that Our Lady of Guadalupe, identified as the Virgin Mary, was the same person as Nuit, the Egyptian goddess of the stars?
10. Why does Wilson believe that immortality is an actual physical possibility for human beings?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)