|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp, 148-180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nikola Tesla and Gopi Krishna have in common?
(a) Mystical visions after mysterious illnesses.
(b) An ability to write poetry.
(c) Early death.
(d) An interest in Buddhism.
2. From what does yoga free the mind?
(a) Conditioned perception.
3. What is the Discordian mystic sign?
(a) Thumbs up.
(b) The extended middle finger.
(c) The two-finger V.
(d) Crossed fingers.
4. Who wrote The Day the Dollar Dies?
(a) Timothy Leary.
(b) Wilson himself.
(c) Willard Cantelon.
(d) Kerry Thornley.
5. What does Timothy Leary name his studies?
(b) Shamanism for the 20th Century.
(d) Interstellar communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phenomenon did Freud call "projection?"
2. What dictum of Yeats did the author come to understand?
3. What does Wilson contend the War on Drugs brought about?
4. Who coined the term "metaprogramming substances" for mind-altering drugs?
5. What does Wilson say is the inevitable fate of all conspiracy buffs?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)