|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp, 148-180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does yoga free the mind?
(a) Conditioned perception.
2. According to Timothy Leary, what kind of parents did Lao-Tse say were most likely to experience the Great Tao?
(a) Those who are willing to create good karma.
(b) Those who are willing to teach their children.
(c) Those who are willing to learn from their children.
(d) Those who are willing to learn from prophecies.
3. How is Dr. Paul Segall able to extend the lifespan of laboratory rats?
(a) With controlled calorie intake.
(b) With cryogenics.
(c) With deprivation of tryptophan.
(d) With doses of hallucinogens.
4. What does Wilson contend the War on Drugs brought about?
(a) An increase in drug trafficking.
(b) An increase in curiosity about drugs.
(c) An increase in crime and mental illness.
(d) An increase in public awareness of drug use.
5. What did Nikola Tesla and Gopi Krishna have in common?
(a) Early death.
(b) An ability to write poetry.
(c) An interest in Buddhism.
(d) Mystical visions after mysterious illnesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author learn from giving divinations with Tarot cards?
2. What is the name of Dr. John Lilly's tape the author uses for self-instruction?
3. What are "Dog Days"?
4. What is the motto of the Firesign Theatre?
5. What does Dell publishing demand of Wilson?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)