|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 102-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Satori?
(a) A moment of enlightenment.
(b) An unusually large ocean wave.
(c) A Hindu ashram.
(d) A Zen master.
2. What are "Dog Days"?
(a) July 23 to September 8.
(b) Indian summer days.
(c) September 8 to October 31.
(d) Days of excessive heat.
3. What is the basic Discordian sociological law?
(a) What goes around comes around.
(b) Though much is taken, much abides.
(c) All things come to those who wait.
(d) The imposition of order equals the escalation of chaos.
4. What does Timothy Leary believe should replace the model of psychologist and patient?
(a) Adept and client.
(b) Salesperson and customer.
(c) Research team.
(d) Guru and apprentice.
5. According to the author, his data is in direct conflict with what?
(c) Common sense.
(d) Science fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author come to believe is present in all things, living and non-living?
2. What is Chapel Perilous?
3. What personage appears to most children contacted by extraterrestrials?
4. What is Timothy Leary's principle of neurological relativism?
5. What three factors does Timothy Leary believe are critical to correct use of mind-altering drugs?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)