|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 76-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What planet did both a West Virginia salesman and a Washington, D.C. law student independently claim had sent them a visitor?
2. What does the goddess Nuit claim to have done for the author in his childhood?
(a) Taken him to Sirius.
(b) Cured him of polio.
(c) Taught him about astral projection.
(d) Led him to find his wife.
3. What does the author learn from giving divinations with Tarot cards?
(a) It is impossible to deceive the honest in heart.
(b) It is difficult to deceive those who are pure in heart.
(c) It is easy to deceive those who are most skeptical.
(d) It is easy to deceive those who want to believe.
4. How many scientists does Saul Paul Sirag claim have received extraterrestrial communication?
(a) More than 100.
(b) More than 10.
(c) More than 50.
(d) More than 1,000.
5. What is Chapel Perilous?
(a) The location of the Discordian religion.
(b) A book written by Aleister Crowley.
(c) A mental crossroads calling your beliefs into question.
(d) A name for a bad drug experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Greek goddess do the Discordians worship?
2. What do Discordians espouse in place of dogmas?
3. Which government agency does the author say was responsible for his opinion that governments are more bad than good?
4. What is the common response when famous people claim extraterrestrial communication?
5. What is Timothy Leary's principle of neurological relativism?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)