|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 27-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phenomenon did Freud call "projection?"
(a) Sending telepathic messages.
(b) Attributing our characteristics to others.
(c) Sending our essence into the void.
(d) Seeing what we expect to see.
2. What did Dr. Wilhelm Reich teach was Public Health Problem Number One?
(b) Sexual repression.
(c) Unmonitored drug use.
(d) Karmic coincidences.
3. What does Wilson contend the War on Drugs brought about?
(a) An increase in crime and mental illness.
(b) An increase in curiosity about drugs.
(c) An increase in drug trafficking.
(d) An increase in public awareness of drug use.
4. According to the author, his data is in direct conflict with what?
(c) Common sense.
(d) Science fiction.
5. Who coined the term "metaprogramming substances" for mind-altering drugs?
(a) John Lilly, M.D.
(b) Humphrey Osmond, M.D.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) Robert Anton Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does yoga free the mind?
2. What did African tribesmen know about Sirius before scientists had telescopes?
3. What three factors does Timothy Leary believe are critical to correct use of mind-altering drugs?
4. What number does Wilson believe has "enigmatic" significance?
5. What does the name "AFFA," given by purported extraterrestrials, mean in "Angelic," a Cabalistic language?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)