|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 27-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personage appears to most children contacted by extraterrestrials?
(a) A little green man.
(b) A lady in a silver bubble.
(c) A lady in a blue light.
(d) A large blue man.
2. What does Timothy Leary believe should replace the model of psychologist and patient?
(a) Research team.
(b) Adept and client.
(c) Guru and apprentice.
(d) Salesperson and customer.
3. Who coined the term "metaprogramming substances" for mind-altering drugs?
(a) Timothy Leary.
(b) Humphrey Osmond, M.D.
(c) John Lilly, M.D.
(d) Robert Anton Wilson.
4. Who did the Bavarian Illuminati intend to overthrow?
(a) The kings of Europe and the American president.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The kings of Europe and the Pope.
(d) The American president and the Pope.
5. What did Joseph Simonton claim to receive from an extraterrestrial?
(d) A trip through the atmosphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does psychiatrist R.D. Laing believe is the principle cause of psychotic breakdowns?
2. Which of Wilson's 24 selves has veto power over all the others?
3. What Nobel laureate developed the idea of multiple models in sub-atomic physics?
4. What planet did both a West Virginia salesman and a Washington, D.C. law student independently claim had sent them a visitor?
5. What phenomenon does Wilson claim has been verified by thousands of researchers over a period of decades?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)