|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 53-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Greek goddess do the Discordians worship?
2. What did African tribesmen know about Sirius before scientists had telescopes?
(a) That Sirius is the brightest of visible stars.
(b) That Sirius is also called the Dog Star.
(c) That one can wish upon Sirius.
(d) That Sirius is a double star.
3. What is the Law of Fives?
(a) The number five has cabalistic powers.
(b) The number five represents perfection.
(c) All events are direction connected to the number five.
(d) The number five underlies all human connections.
4. What do Discordians espouse in place of dogmas?
5. What does the author believe Timothy Leary would regard as the greatest "epistemological sin"?
(a) Disclosing the data.
(b) Falsifying the data.
(c) Failing to understand the data.
(d) Speculating beyond the data.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Idries Shah believe the Illuminati to be?
2. What three factors does Timothy Leary believe are critical to correct use of mind-altering drugs?
3. According to Aleister Crowley, what is the purpose of "physiological experiments" in Western occultism?
4. What is Timothy Leary's principle of neurological relativism?
5. What does psychiatrist R.D. Laing believe is the principle cause of psychotic breakdowns?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)