|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
(a) They were not born.
(b) They are still alive.
(c) The Wilcoxes would hold a funeral.
(d) The whole town would of heard about it.
2. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
(a) Poverty strcken men.
(b) Guilt stricken men.
(c) Mortally stricken men.
(d) Love stricken men.
3. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
(a) She would divorce him.
(b) She would laugh.
(c) He made a promise.
(d) It was against the law.
4. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
(a) The Wilcox's kittens.
(b) The Wilcox's puppies.
(c) The Richards' chickens.
(d) The Cox's ducks.
5. Who does Mrs. Richards say her husband is free of?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
2. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
3. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
4. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
5. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)