|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
(a) A hypnotist.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A somnambulist.
(d) A farmer.
2. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A firebug.
(b) A lightning bug.
(c) A humbug.
(d) A blowbug.
3. What does Mrs. Richards say she could do for joy?
4. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
(a) The Cox's ducks.
(b) The Wilcox's kittens.
(c) The Wilcox's puppies.
(d) The Richards' chickens.
5. What does Mrs. Richards say is Mr. Goodson's one vanity?
(a) He thinks he is the town's most moral person.
(b) He thinks he has better hair.
(c) He thinks his wife is the most beautiful.
(d) He thinks he gives better advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
2. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
3. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
4. What does Mr. Richards want to make his proof of mind?
5. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)