|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the stranger say is Goodson's legitimate heir?
(a) The Richards.
(d) The Nightingales.
2. Complete the following sentence; "A proof once established is _________________."
(b) The truth.
(c) A liability.
(d) Better left so.
3. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
4. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their tongues.
(c) Their love of life.
(d) Their dishonesty.
5. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The late mail.
(b) The lunchtime news.
(c) The early mail.
(d) The evening news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
2. Which of the following people does Mrs. Richards say has twitted them?
3. Who is a puzzled man other than Jack Halliday?
4. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
5. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)