|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say is Mr. Goodson's one vanity?
(a) He thinks he gives better advice.
(b) He thinks his wife is the most beautiful.
(c) He thinks he has better hair.
(d) He thinks he is the town's most moral person.
2. Who does the stranger say is Goodson's legitimate heir?
(a) The Richards.
(b) The Nightingales.
3. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
4. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) Burgess deserved what he got.
(b) He did not have the pluck.
(c) He did not want to be unpopular.
(d) He was too lazy.
5. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
(a) A reference letter.
(b) A vial of blood.
(c) A prayer book.
(d) A sealed envelope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
2. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
3. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
4. Who does Mr. Halliday talk to about Mrs. Wilcox's happiness?
5. Where do the Hadleyburg residents claim their town is destined to live in forever under the word incorruptible?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)