|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
(a) Behind the stove.
(b) On top of the wardrobe.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) Under the floorboards.
2. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
3. What does Mrs. Richards say it is no time for?
4. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
(a) The Cox's ducks.
(b) The Wilcox's kittens.
(c) The Wilcox's puppies.
(d) The Richards' chickens.
5. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
2. What did Goodson tell Richards to do when he tried to convert him?
3. What does the sack contain?
4. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
5. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)