|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
(a) On top of the wardrobe.
(b) Behind the stove.
(c) Under the floorboards.
(d) Under the bed.
2. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Listen to the radio.
(c) Barbecue ribs.
(d) Read books.
3. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
4. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
(a) She is too fat.
(b) She is too miserable.
(c) She is too happy.
(d) She is too ill.
5. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
2. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
3. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
4. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
5. Who does the stranger say is Goodson's legitimate heir?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)