|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
2. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The lunchtime news.
(b) The evening news.
(c) The late mail.
(d) The early mail.
3. What does the stranger say he used to be?
(a) A gambler.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) A bank manager.
(d) A con artist.
4. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
(a) The stranger.
5. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A blowbug.
(b) A lightning bug.
(c) A humbug.
(d) A firebug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
2. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
3. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
4. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
5. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)