|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
(a) The Cox's ducks.
(b) The Wilcox's puppies.
(c) The Wilcox's kittens.
(d) The Richards' chickens.
2. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
(a) A hypnotist.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A somnambulist.
3. What is Jack Halliday's job?
4. Where do the Hadleyburg residents claim their town is destined to live in forever under the word incorruptible?
(a) The encyclopedia.
(b) The theasaurus.
(c) The national cook book.
(d) The dictionary.
5. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
2. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
3. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
4. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
5. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)