|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A humbug.
(b) A lightning bug.
(c) A firebug.
(d) A blowbug.
2. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
(a) Holy happiness.
3. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
(a) Barclay Gorgon.
(b) The Reverend Burgess.
(c) Sheriff Jonson.
(d) Mayor Jacks.
4. What does Mrs. Richards say she could do for joy?
5. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
2. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
3. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
4. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
5. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)