|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
(b) The stranger.
2. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
(a) Hip and happening.
(b) Fun and immoral.
(c) Honest and upright.
(d) Spirited and funky.
3. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The late mail.
(b) The evening news.
(c) The lunchtime news.
(d) The early mail.
4. Who does the stranger say is Goodson's legitimate heir?
(a) The Nightingales.
(d) The Richards.
5. Which of the following do the reporters not make a picture of?
(a) The bank.
(b) Mr. Cox's house.
(c) Mr. Richard's house.
(d) The sack.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
2. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
3. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
4. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
5. Who falls down in this chapter?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)