|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she tell Ursa when May Alice is upset when she find out she is pregnant?
(a) She wishes Ursa was Harold.
(b) She wishes she were a man.
(c) She wants to kill herself.
(d) She wishes she were more like Ursa.
2. What does Ursa bring her mother when she comes to visit her?
3. After May Alice finds out she is pregnant, what does she want Ursa to tell Harold for her?
(a) I hate you.
(b) I need money.
(d) We can make a life together.
4. What prompts Ursa's mother to see Ursa's father for the last time?
(a) She reads that he is a rich businessman, and goes to see him.
(b) He is in jail and needs her help.
(c) He sends her money and she goes to return it.
(d) He writes her professing his love for her.
5. What does Ursa's mother say Mr. Floyd keeps asking her to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Move in with him.
(c) Make him preserves.
(d) Go out on a date with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mutt say he has a job?
2. What does Ursa's father do when he finds out Ursa's mother is pregnant?
3. Who is Mr. Floyd?
4. What singer does Mutt tell Ursa he likes when they first meet?
5. Where do May Alice and her mother eventually move?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ursa's father finds out Ursa's mother is pregnant, what does he do? What does he do after that?
2. What finally prompts Ursa's father to speak to Ursa's mother? What do they do together while they are getting to know one another?
3. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 4? How old is Ursa?
4. Where does Mutt say he has been working? Why did he leave? Where is he working now?
5. How did Corregidora feel about great-gram seeing black men? What does he say about this?
6. What scares Ursa into thinking that she may be pregnant? How does she try to get rid of her "baby"?
7. Why does Ursa go to Bracktown to see her mother? What does she bring her?
8. When Ursa comes to visit her mother, what is her mother doing? Why is she doing this?
9. Whom does Ursa occasionally see in the street? How does Ursa become a free woman?
10. What does Ursa's mother do to earn a living? How does Ursa feel about this?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)