|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sal Cooper start to like Ursa?
(a) Ursa married Tadpole, who was darker skinned than she.
(b) Ursa told Tadpole to hire her.
(c) Ursa saved her life.
(d) Ursa stood up for her when someone said she couldn't sing well.
2. What does Tadpole say Ursa's eyes do to a man?
(a) Makes him want to die.
(b) Makes him sad.
(c) Makes him want to climb inside them.
(d) Makes him crazy.
3. What does Mutt do to Ursa in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Pushes her down stairs during an argument.
(b) Kills a man who is interested in her.
(c) Pulls her hair out when she will not listen to him.
(d) Proposes to her.
4. What is the name of the girl that Tadpole cheats on Ursa with?
5. What does Tadpole tell Ursa that she cannot say back?
(a) I have never loved another.
(b) You are my one and only.
(c) I love you.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ursa when Great-Gram tells her about her family history?
2. What does Cat know about Ursa that she has not told anyone yet when Cat first visits her?
3. What is the name of the place where Ursa and Mutt stay together?
4. What does Cat do for a living?
5. With whom does Ursa tell tadpole she could have sung?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ursa do during breakfast at Cat's? What does Cat say about this?
2. While Ursa is staying at Cat's place, what does Cat tell Ursa about Tadpole? What does she say about Mutt?
3. When Tadpole is concerned about the dark circles underneath Ursa's eyes, what does she tell him? What does the doctor prescribe?
4. After her second checkup, what does the doctor tell Ursa she can do? Who has apprehensions about this?
5. Whom does Tadpole ask to be a witness at his wedding? Why is Ursa uncomfortable with this?
6. Who is the primary figure in Ursa's dream? What does he say to her?
7. Why does Mutt not want Ursa to sing at Happy's? What happens when they have an argument over it in the alley?
8. What does Tadpole tell Ursa about his father and what he did with his savings? What was the result of that?
9. What does Cat tell Ursa about her past? How does their conversation end?
10. When Tadpole visits Ursa to make amends for what he did, what does he tell Ursa? What is Ursa's response to this?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)