|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ursa say back to Mutt at the end of the novel?
(a) She could kill Mutt and not feel a thing.
(b) She will always hate Mutt.
(c) She loves Mutt.
(d) She does not want a man that would hurt her.
2. Who comes to warn Ursa that Mutt is back in town?
(b) Sal Cooper.
3. When is the first time that Ursa feels a man and is frightened by it?
(a) At Happy's.
(b) In middle school.
(c) At a school dance.
(d) With Mutt.
4. Where had Mutt been working while he was gone from Bracktown?
(c) New Jersey.
5. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 4?
6. How old was the Melrose girl who committed suicide?
(a) In her twenties.
(b) In her thirties.
(c) In her forties.
(d) A teenager.
7. How old is Ursa at the beginning of Chapter 4?
8. Finish the line: "He made them make love to anyone, so that they ______."
(a) Couldn't leave him.
(b) Wouldn't feel alone.
(c) Couldn't love anyone.
(d) Hated everyone else.
9. Why does Ursa get mad at Mutt when they are at the dance together?
(a) Because Mutt ignores her.
(b) Because Mutt starts grinding up on Ursa.
(c) Because Mutt Is looking at other women.
(d) Because Mutt does not support Ursa.
10. What does Ursa's mother say Mr. Floyd keeps asking her to do?
(a) Go out on a date with him.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Make him preserves.
(d) Move in with him.
11. Who recognizes Ursa in the street when she goes back to her grandmother's funeral?
(a) Mr. Deak.
(b) Mr. Floyd's mother.
(c) Mr. Deak's mother.
12. What is Mutt's last name?
13. What does Ursa's mother say about Ursa's necklace during her visit?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It will attract men.
(c) It makes her look like a gypsy.
(d) It is too flashy.
14. Why does Ursa's mother go back to the cafe even though she was afraid to speak to Ursa's father?
(a) Her body told her to.
(b) She liked the challenge.
(c) No man could make her afraid.
(d) She wanted to overcome her fears.
15. What does Max Monroe do at the Spider?
(a) Max is a bouncer.
(b) Plays piano.
(c) Owns the place.
(d) Tends Bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose place does Ursa always imagine May Alice?
2. How does May Alice's mother find out that May Alice is pregnant?
3. When Ursa visits May Alice in the hospital, what does May Alice say that makes Ursa leave?
4. What is the name of the man who cuts hair in the town that Ursa's mother lives in?
5. What does Mutt say to Ursa at the end of the novel?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)