|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ursa is young and she thinks a boy got her pregnant, what does she do?
(a) Gets an abortion.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Goes to a doctor.
(d) Starves herself.
2. What physical characteristic does Ursa's mother say that Ursa has in common with her father?
(a) Dark skin.
(b) Straight teeth.
(c) Red hair.
(d) Long legs.
3. What singer does Mutt tell Ursa he likes when they first meet?
(a) Dionne Warwick.
(b) Della Reese.
(c) Judy Garland.
(d) Ray Charles.
4. What does Ursa say about her mother and men?
(a) Her mother never laid eyes on a man.
(b) Her mother is a man-eater.
(c) She has never seen her with a man.
(d) Men think of her mother as an uncatchable fish.
5. Where does Ursa hear about the Melrose woman's suicide?
(a) Deak's store.
(c) The Spider.
(d) Cat's house.
6. What is the name of the doctor that May Alice's mother takes her to?
(a) Dr. Feelgood.
(b) Dr. Vega.
(c) Dr. Wallace.
(d) Dr. Roach.
7. Where does Tadpole move when he leaves Bracktown?
(a) New Jersey.
8. Whom is May Alice sleeping with?
9. What does Ursa say about hate and desire?
(a) One holds the other up.
(b) One mirrors the other.
(c) They are two humps on the same camel.
(d) They are complete opposites.
10. What is Cats-Eye marble's favorite word?
11. How does Ursa's mother react to May Alice's pregnancy?
(a) That Ursa should follow her example.
(b) That Ursa shouldn't have anything to do with her.
(c) That Ursa can learn from May Alice.
(d) That May Alice is a slut.
12. Who is Mr. Floyd?
(a) The man who owns the hardware store.
(b) The town doctor.
(c) The man who owns the funeral parlor.
(d) The man who lives across from Ursa's mother.
13. According to the Melrose woman's father, who is responsible for her death?
(a) A man.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her boss.
14. What does Mutt do to punish Ursa when he is angry with her when they are married?
(a) Denies her sex.
(b) Beats her.
(c) Does not speak to her.
(d) Cheats on her.
15. What does Ursa's mother do that Ursa wants her to stop doing?
(a) Working for a white woman.
(b) Hiding secrets from her.
(c) Canning things for people.
(d) Living alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose place does Ursa always imagine May Alice?
2. When Mutt and Ursa go to see a show together, where is the band from?
3. When Ursa visits May Alice in the hospital, what does May Alice say that makes Ursa leave?
4. After May Alice finds out she is pregnant, what does she want Ursa to tell Harold for her?
5. What ingredient do Grandma and Mama send Ursa to the store to get when she is little?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)