|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ursa say her birthmark is?
(a) On her belly.
(b) Between her legs.
(c) On her neck.
(d) On the soles of her feet.
2. What does Max say about Ursa's voice at the Spider?
(a) She has a hard voice.
(b) She has a sweet voice.
(c) She has a quiet voice.
(d) She has a manly voice.
3. Who performs at Happy's while Ursa is out?
(b) Sal Cooper.
(c) Eddy Pace's group.
(d) Don Pashe's band.
4. What does Corregidora call his favorite girl?
5. What does Cat tell Tadpole she is doing after Tadpole and Ursa's wedding?
(a) Opening her own salon.
(b) Moving back to her hometown.
(c) Running away with Jeffy.
(d) Going north.
6. What do Tadpole and Ursa do on their wedding night instead of going out?
(a) Ursa sings to Tadpole.
(b) Ursa does a show at Happy's.
(c) Tadpole closes Happy's and they dance all night.
(d) Tadpole sings Ursa to sleep.
7. What does Ursa say the blues do for her?
(a) It helps her keep men away.
(b) It makes her sadness go away.
(c) It makes her feel pain easier.
(d) It helps explain what she cannot explain.
8. What is the name of Mutt's cousin?
9. When Ursa and Sal are talking for the first time, what does Sal drink?
(a) A Coke.
(b) A beer.
10. What does Cat do for a living?
(a) She does laundry.
(b) She works at the factory.
(c) She sings at another nightclub.
(d) She straightens people's hair.
11. On what condition does Tadpole allow Ursa to start work again?
(a) She can only sing happy songs.
(b) She can only sing in the daytime.
(c) There is a chair for her to sit on.
(d) She can only sing one song per night.
12. What is the name of the boy that Ursa plays doctor with when she was a child?
13. What does Jeffy threaten that makes Ursa mad?
(a) To smother Ursa in her sleep.
(b) To tell Tadpole Ursa is a lesbian.
(c) To tell Cat that Ursa does not like her.
(d) To tell Mutt where she is.
14. What does Ursa dream while she is staying at Cat's place?
(a) That Mutt finds her.
(b) That Tadpole comes and saves her.
(c) That she is a famous singer.
(d) That she is pregnant.
15. What does Great-Gram say Corregidora looked like?
(a) A Mexican.
(b) A thief.
(c) An Asian.
(d) An Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ursa tell the man in the car who tries to pick her up?
2. What does Tadpole say Ursa's hair is like?
3. What mistake does the doctor make when Ursa goes to see him?
4. What is it about Ursa's appearance that concerned Mutt when they were together?
5. What does Tadpole say his father did whenever he saved money?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)