|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeffy threaten that makes Ursa mad?
(a) To tell Mutt where she is.
(b) To tell Tadpole Ursa is a lesbian.
(c) To smother Ursa in her sleep.
(d) To tell Cat that Ursa does not like her.
2. How old is the girl that Tadpole hires in Ursa's place?
3. What is the name of the place where Ursa and Mutt stay together?
(a) The Drake Hotel.
(b) The Westin.
(d) The Spider.
4. Who is Ursa surprised to see while working at the Spider?
5. What does Ursa say she will do to someone who tries to take away her music?
(a) Submit to them.
(b) Murder them.
(c) Cut their hair.
(d) Pluck out there eyes.
6. What does Tadpole tell Ursa that she cannot say back?
(a) You are my one and only.
(c) I love you.
(d) I have never loved another.
7. What does Corregidora call his favorite girl?
8. What does Ursa promise to Cat the last time she sees her?
(a) That she will not judge her.
(b) That she will always be there for her.
(c) That she understands her needs.
(d) That she will not tell anybody about her.
9. What is Cat's last name?
10. Why was Ursa embarrassed about the picture of her and Mutt?
(a) She felt the picture was vain.
(b) She was embarrassed at her smile in the picture.
(c) Mutt was holding her too close in the picture.
(d) She was looking at her and not the two of them.
11. What makes Sal Cooper start to like Ursa?
(a) Ursa stood up for her when someone said she couldn't sing well.
(b) Ursa saved her life.
(c) Ursa told Tadpole to hire her.
(d) Ursa married Tadpole, who was darker skinned than she.
12. Finish the line: "I wanted to come back home to my own bed and not ______."
(a) Be made fool of.
(b) Have to pretend.
(c) Hate the man next to me.
(d) Feel undeserving of love.
13. What does Tadpole say his father did after the war?
(a) Stayed in France.
(b) Made enough money to bring them to Europe.
(c) Killed himself in France.
(d) Came home, but was traumatized.
14. What does Cat drop when her boss tries to make a move on her in the kitchen?
(a) Coffee grounds.
(b) A carton of eggs.
(c) A basket of apples.
(d) A glass pitcher.
15. What kinds of pills does the doctor prescribe Ursa when she visits him a second time?
(a) Sleeping pills.
(b) Iron pills.
(c) Pain pills.
(d) Vitamin D pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ursa say Mutt came into Happy's drunk after they were married?
2. What does Ursa tell the man in the car who tries to pick her up?
3. What does the man between her legs say to Ursa in her dream?
4. What does Great-Gram say Corregidora looked like?
5. What does Ursa say about roots when Tadpole talks to Cat?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)