|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ursa's Great-gram say is the most important thing?
(a) To live without men.
(b) To tell the truth.
(c) To make generations.
(d) To feel loved.
2. What does Tadpole tell Cat about her roots?
(a) They are wherever you take them.
(b) You cannot ever shed them.
(c) They cannot be ripped up.
(d) They are only where you were born.
3. After abolition, what did most of Corregidora's women do?
(b) Plotted Corregidora's murder.
(d) Put a spell on Corregidora.
4. What happened to Corregidora that affected him physically?
(a) He had a stroke.
(b) He got in a fistfight.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He had a brain aneurysm.
5. Finish the line: "I wanted to come back home to my own bed and not ______."
(a) Be made fool of.
(b) Have to pretend.
(c) Feel undeserving of love.
(d) Hate the man next to me.
6. What kind of plantation did Ursa's great grandmother work on?
(a) Coffee bean.
(c) Sugar Cane.
7. What does Cat do for a living?
(a) She works at the factory.
(b) She straightens people's hair.
(c) She sings at another nightclub.
(d) She does laundry.
8. What is the name of Mutt's cousin?
9. What is Ursa's drink of choice throughout the novel?
10. In Ursa's story about the black man in the car trying to pick her up, who else is in the car?
(a) Two white girls and another man.
(c) Ursa's mother.
(d) Mary Alice.
11. How does Cat say Ursa has changed?
(a) She is stronger.
(b) She is angrier.
(c) Her voice is different.
(d) She is less respectful.
12. Finish the line: "His hair was so dark and greasy straight that you could a swore he was pure ______."
13. What does Cat tell Tadpole she is doing after Tadpole and Ursa's wedding?
(a) Going north.
(b) Running away with Jeffy.
(c) Opening her own salon.
(d) Moving back to her hometown.
14. What type of songs does Ursa sing?
(b) The blues.
15. What does the man between her legs say to Ursa in her dream?
(a) I love you.
(b) We make a life together.
(c) You still got it.
(d) It looks ugly in there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ursa hear Cat speaking to about her in the hallway?
2. Who performs at Happy's while Ursa is out?
3. How many eggs does Cat cook Ursa for breakfast?
4. When Ursa and Sal are talking for the first time, what does Sal drink?
5. On what condition does Tadpole allow Ursa to start work again?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)