|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Pages 97 through 132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ursa say her birthmark is?
(a) Between her legs.
(b) On her neck.
(c) On her belly.
(d) On the soles of her feet.
2. Who recognizes Ursa in the street when she goes back to her grandmother's funeral?
(a) Mr. Floyd's mother.
(b) Mr. Deak's mother.
(d) Mr. Deak.
3. Finish the line: "I said if that nigger loved me he wouldnta ______."
(a) Killed my baby.
(b) Ran off with another woman.
(c) Thrown me down the steps.
(d) Abandoned me like this.
4. What does Tadpole do to Mutt after Ursa is hospitalized?
(a) Beats him up.
(b) Bans him from Happy's.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Runs him out of town.
5. What does Tadpole say his father did after the war?
(a) Made enough money to bring them to Europe.
(b) Stayed in France.
(c) Killed himself in France.
(d) Came home, but was traumatized.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Ursa think her mother telling her the story of her father will help her?
2. What does Ursa's Great-gram say is the most important thing?
3. What did the old man tell the slave who was running away to rub on his feet so that the dogs couldn't track him?
4. When Ursa and Sal are talking for the first time, what does Sal drink?
5. What kinds of pills does the doctor prescribe Ursa when she visits him a second time?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)