|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, Pages 69 through 96.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cat not let anyone sleep on the couch?
(a) Sleeping on the couch is unrefined.
(b) Because it is the only piece of nice furniture.
(c) The couch is infested with lice.
(d) The cat loves the couch.
2. What does Ursa overhear when she wakes up from her dream at Cat's house?
(a) Tadpole and Cat laughing.
(b) Cat and Jeffy arguing.
(c) Sal and Vivian screaming.
(d) Mutt and Tadpole fighting.
3. What did the wife do to the white man who was raping her in the story about the black couple on the plantation?
(a) She screamed until someone came.
(b) She cut off his penis.
(c) She did nothing, so that there were no repercussions.
(d) She threatened to kill him if he did not leave her alone.
4. What does Cat tell Tadpole she is doing after Tadpole and Ursa's wedding?
(a) Running away with Jeffy.
(b) Moving back to her hometown.
(c) Opening her own salon.
(d) Going north.
5. Finish the line: "I wanted to come back home to my own bed and not ______."
(a) Hate the man next to me.
(b) Feel undeserving of love.
(c) Be made fool of.
(d) Have to pretend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does the doctor make when Ursa goes to see him?
2. What is the name of Mutt's cousin?
3. Who is the author of Corregidora?
4. Who is telling Ursa the story in italics in the first chapter?
5. What does Ursa's mother think about her singing?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)