|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Pages 1 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical procedure does Ursa have to undergo at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Brain surgery.
2. Who is Corregidora?
(a) A Cuban plantation owner.
(b) A Spanish sea captain.
(c) A Portuguese plantation owner.
(d) A Brazilian slave owner.
3. Who performs at Happy's while Ursa is out?
(a) Eddy Pace's group.
(b) Don Pashe's band.
(d) Sal Cooper.
4. When did Ursa say Mutt came into Happy's drunk after they were married?
(a) September 1950.
(b) December 1947.
(c) April 1948.
(d) March 1948.
5. What does Tadpole do to Mutt after Ursa is hospitalized?
(a) Runs him out of town.
(b) Beats him up.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Bans him from Happy's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tadpole feed Ursa when she gets out of the hospital?
2. What does Cat do for a living?
3. What is Cat's last name?
4. What does Great-Gram say Corregidora looked like?
5. Finish the line: "I said if that nigger loved me he wouldnta ______."
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)