|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Pages 1 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Cat ask Ursa in regards to her relationship with Tadpole?
(a) She asks Ursa if he is much different from Mutt.
(b) She asks Ursa if he is treating her right.
(c) She asks if Ursa can give him what he needs.
(d) She asks Ursa if he is fulfilling her needs.
2. What does Tadpole do to Mutt after Ursa is hospitalized?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Beats him up.
(c) Runs him out of town.
(d) Bans him from Happy's.
3. Finish the line: "His hair was so dark and greasy straight that you could a swore he was pure ______."
4. Who is at Cat's place when Ursa goes to stay there?
5. Who is telling Ursa the story in italics in the first chapter?
(b) Ursa herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ursa when Great-Gram tells her about her family history?
2. What does Mutt do to Ursa in the beginning of the novel?
3. What kind of plantation did Ursa's great grandmother work on?
4. What happened to Corregidora that affected him physically?
5. What does Corregidora call his favorite girl?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)