|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Pages 37 through 68.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corregidora call his favorite girl?
2. Where does Ursa say her birthmark is?
(a) On the soles of her feet.
(b) On her belly.
(c) On her neck.
(d) Between her legs.
3. What does Mutt do to Ursa in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Proposes to her.
(b) Pushes her down stairs during an argument.
(c) Kills a man who is interested in her.
(d) Pulls her hair out when she will not listen to him.
4. How many eggs does Cat cook Ursa for breakfast?
5. Why does Cat not let anyone sleep on the couch?
(a) Because it is the only piece of nice furniture.
(b) The cat loves the couch.
(c) The couch is infested with lice.
(d) Sleeping on the couch is unrefined.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mutt's cousin ask Ursa that makes her mad?
2. What mistake does the doctor make when Ursa goes to see him?
3. What is Cat's last name?
4. Whom does Ursa hear Cat speaking to about her in the hallway?
5. What kind of plantation did Ursa's great grandmother work on?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)