|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Pages 37 through 68.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ursa hear Cat speaking to about her in the hallway?
(a) Sal Cooper.
2. What does Ursa say the blues do for her?
(a) It makes her sadness go away.
(b) It helps her keep men away.
(c) It helps explain what she cannot explain.
(d) It makes her feel pain easier.
3. What is Cat's last name?
4. What is the name of the boy that Ursa plays doctor with when she was a child?
5. What does Tadpole feed Ursa when she gets out of the hospital?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A hamburger.
(d) Vegetable soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the witness at Tadpole and Ursa's wedding?
2. What do Tadpole and Ursa do on their wedding night instead of going out?
3. What is the name of the place where Ursa and Mutt stay together?
4. Why does Ursa throw Jeffy out of the bed they are sharing?
5. Finish the line: "I said if that nigger loved me he wouldnta ______."
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)