Chapter I, Pages 1 through 36
1. Who is the author of Corregidora?
(a) Gayl Danticat.
(b) Gayl Smith.
(c) Gayl Simmons.
(d) Gayl Jones.
2. What year does Ursa say Mutt and she were married?
3. When did Ursa say Mutt came into Happy's drunk after they were married?
(a) March 1948.
(b) September 1950.
(c) December 1947.
(d) April 1948.
4. What is the name of the place where Ursa and Mutt stay together?
(a) The Spider.
(b) The Drake Hotel.
(c) The Westin.
5. What is Tadpole's last name?
6. How does Tadpole get his name?
(a) He always messed with tadpole holes as a child.
(b) He loves to swim.
(c) He is an avid fisherman.
(d) He would pretend he was a frog as a child.
7. What does Mutt do to Ursa in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Kills a man who is interested in her.
(b) Pushes her down stairs during an argument.
(c) Pulls her hair out when she will not listen to him.
(d) Proposes to her.
This section contains 4,597 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)