|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Mr. Pickering help Ernie?
(a) Finding a good restaurant.
(b) Finding a justice of the peace.
(c) Housing and cashing checks.
(d) Getting a job.
2. What does Carlson think officers should do if enlisted men are sleeping on the ground?
(a) Sleep on cots.
(b) Give the enlisted men bedrolls.
(c) Sleep on the ground also.
(d) Get cots for the enlisted men.
3. What does Ernie tell McCoy when she meets him in Chapter VII?
(a) She will wait for him.
(b) She tells him she is going with him.
(c) She is going to arrange a better job for him.
(d) She has joined the Marines.
4. What type of company does Ernie's father own?
(a) A five and dime store.
(b) A motel chain.
(c) A furniture chain.
(d) A Pharmaceutical products company.
5. How does McCoy feel about taking the assignment from Wesley?
(c) Not happy about it.
6. With whom does Colonel Wesley meet in Chapter I to talk about his problem?
(a) Captain Blases.
(b) Major Handle.
(c) General Munson.
(d) Lieutenant Rickabee.
7. At what location was Mccoy wounded?
(c) Shanghai, China.
8. What does Patricia Pickering's husband say?
(a) She should get Ernie to stay with them.
(b) She should call Ernie's mother.
(c) She should meet Ernie at the train station.
(d) She should leave Ernie to her own choices.
9. What does Martha do after teasing Pick?
10. What does McCoy allow the pilot to do after take off?
(a) Give him a shot of morphine.
(b) Replace his bandages.
(c) Call in so an ambulance is waiting for them.
(d) Replace the stiches that have come out.
11. About what does Martha give Pick a hard time?
(a) Throwing up on the plane.
(b) His wild looking hair.
(c) Being afraid to go to war.
(d) His father's money.
12. With what army has Colonel Carlson spent time?
(a) The North Korean Army.
(b) The French Army.
(c) The German Army.
(d) The Chinese Communist Route Army.
13. What story is told at the Penn station about McCoy?
(a) Short Pants Mccoy.
(b) Lovejoy McCoy.
(c) Killer McCoy.
(d) Boy Scout McCoy.
14. What is Pick eating before he goes up for his first flight?
(a) Curry lamb.
(b) Oyster loaf and tabasco sauce.
15. Why was Captain Banning transported back to the states?
(a) To be promoted to major.
(b) His brother was killed in Germany.
(c) His mother is dying.
(d) Because he is blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do everyone who goes up with Pick in a plane think about his flying experience?
2. Who is the commander of the Pickerel?
3. On what type of plane is he returning to the states?
4. What does Pick find out when he arrives at his motel?
5. Why does Ernie call Patricia Pickering?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)