|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did McCoy save the lives of several of his fellow soldiers?
(a) In Okinawa.
(b) In Japan.
(c) In Shanghai.
(d) In the Philippines.
2. Why does Ernie call Patricia Pickering?
(a) To get a reference for a job.
(b) To find out Pick's mailing address.
(c) To see how Pick's father is doing.
(d) For help in finding a place to stay.
3. Who takes Stecker and Pick for their first flight?
(a) Captain Wentworth.
(b) Major Jones.
(c) Captain Carstairs.
(d) Lieutenant Capson.
4. What does the man in question #82 ask Pick and Stecker?
(a) To leave the place.
(b) If they know Martha.
(c) To come to work late the next day.
(d) To join him and Martha.
5. Who would Ernie's mother like Ernie to marry?
(c) Malcolm Pickering.
6. Where did McCoy and her go after she met him at a party?
(a) To the East River.
(b) To a Chinese restaurant.
(c) To Central Park.
(d) To a Jewish Deli.
7. What does Colonel Wesley think Carlson might want to do?
(a) Fight the Japanese more effectively.
(b) Make the Corps join the Chinese.
(c) Nothing, he doesn't know Carlson.
(d) Make the Corps become communist.
8. Where does Pickering go for his flight training?
(b) Tinker Airforce Base.
9. What does Mrs. Pickering want to do after Ernie calls her?
(a) Call her son.
(b) Go to the store.
(c) Meet Ernie downtown.
(d) Call Ernie's mother.
10. Who does McCoy take Ernie to see in Chapter VII?
(a) His great uncle.
(b) His brother and sister-in-law.
(c) His sister and brother-in-law.
(d) His mother.
11. What does Wesley lead Rickabee to believe?
(a) That Major Johnson is spying for the enemy.
(b) That Major Handle is a communist.
(c) That the Major General Commandant has asked for help.
(d) That Carlson is insane.
12. Where did Banning leave his wife?
(a) In Montana.
(b) In Hawaii.
(c) In the Philippines.
(d) In Shanghai.
13. Why has Pick volunteered for flight training?
(a) To impress the girls.
(b) His father wants him to do it.
(c) He plans to go into politics.
(d) To avoid the war for the next six months.
14. With what does Mr. Pickering help Ernie?
(a) Housing and cashing checks.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Finding a justice of the peace.
(d) Finding a good restaurant.
15. What did Pick do after he cleaned up in his hotel room?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Walked on the beach.
(c) Went for a drive.
(d) Go to the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what capacity does McCoy want Zimmerman to work with him?
2. With whom is Carlson close friends which helps his clout?
3. What do everyone who goes up with Pick in a plane think about his flying experience?
4. Where do Pick and Stecker go after their first flight?
5. In Chapter VI, what do Ernie and her father talk about at lunch?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)