|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stecker's new assignment?
(a) To find out what Rickabee knows about Carlson.
(b) To help Colonel Carlson with the raiders.
(c) To spy on Colonel Wesley.
(d) To see if McCoy is a traitor.
2. What type of job in the military has Zimmerman never held?
(a) Recruit transporter.
(d) Drill instructor.
3. Why has Pick volunteered for flight training?
(a) To avoid the war for the next six months.
(b) His father wants him to do it.
(c) To impress the girls.
(d) He plans to go into politics.
4. With what weapon did McCoy kill two Italian Marines?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A sword.
(d) A bayonet.
5. What type of boat is the Pickerel?
(b) Aircraft carrier.
(d) Transport ship.
6. Where do Pick and Stecker go after their first flight?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To Tallahassee.
(c) Out for dinner.
(d) Looking for girls.
7. Who takes Stecker and Pick for their first flight?
(a) Captain Wentworth.
(b) Major Jones.
(c) Lieutenant Capson.
(d) Captain Carstairs.
8. What does Mrs. Pickering want to do after Ernie calls her?
(a) Meet Ernie downtown.
(b) Call Ernie's mother.
(c) Call her son.
(d) Go to the store.
9. Why has Ernie brought McCoy home?
(a) To fix a broken door.
(b) To eat a home cooked meal.
(c) To meet her parents.
(d) To meet her sister.
10. About what does Martha give Pick a hard time?
(a) Being afraid to go to war.
(b) Throwing up on the plane.
(c) His father's money.
(d) His wild looking hair.
11. What happens to McCoy during take off?
(a) He loses his hearing.
(b) He hits his head.
(c) He throws up his breakfast.
(d) His wounds begin to bother him.
12. How does Captain Carstairs feel about Pick's appearance?
(a) Not pleased.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He doesn't care about Pick's clothes.
(d) Very pleased.
13. With whom is Pickering best friends?
(a) Johnson and Banderly.
(b) Zimmerman and Kozonwski.
(c) Ernie and McCoy.
(d) Wesley and Rickabee.
14. Why does McCoy take Ernie to see someone in Chapter VII?
(a) So his family can see her.
(b) To convince her he's not good enough for her.
(c) He has to stop for his duffle bag.
(d) So she will know someone he knows.
15. Who does Banning go to tell he is fine?
(a) Captain Stecker.
(b) Captain MacGregor.
(c) Colonel Harris.
(d) Major Reaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what army has Colonel Carlson spent time?
2. What does McCoy allow the pilot to do after take off?
3. What does Colonel Wesley think Carlson might want to do?
4. Where does Pick decide to stop while driving around Pensacola in Chapter VII?
5. What did McCoy tell Ernie when he called her in Chapter VI?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)