|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ernie and McCoy meet after he called her in Chapter VI?
(a) Thirteenth Street Station.
(b) At Pick's house.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Near the bus station.
2. What do the Marines think is the first step to train a soldier?
(a) Get him to cry.
(b) Make him feel comfortable.
(c) Break him down.
(d) Make him feel needed.
3. Where are Pick and the person from question #62 suppose to stay?
(a) At a house near the beach.
(b) In the non-commissioned officers' quarters.
(c) In a half finished room.
(d) In the officer's quarters.
4. What does Ernie realize when McCoy returned to home after being wounded?
(a) He is too careless.
(b) How much he means to her.
(c) He is too macho for her.
(d) He could have been killed.
5. What does Banning decide to do if he has to leave the Corps?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Go into law.
(c) Become a doctor.
(d) Start a grocery business.
6. What type of job in the military has Zimmerman never held?
(a) Drill instructor.
(b) Recruit transporter.
7. With whom is Carlson close friends which helps his clout?
(a) The President's son, James Roosevelt.
(b) The Naval Head of the Joint Chief of Staff.
(c) The President.
(d) The head of the National Security Agency.
8. Where do Pick and his friend decide to stay during flight school?
(a) In one of Pick's family's motels.
(b) In a rented beach cottage.
(c) With Pick's cousin.
(d) At Pick's penthouse.
9. What is the medical reason for Captain Banning's injury?
(a) He is suffereing from the effects of malnutrition.
(b) There is no medical basis for it.
(c) He has no injury.
(d) He was hit in the head.
10. What does Carlson want to call his group?
(d) Specia Ops One.
11. How does Ernie feel about Pick's parties?
(a) She hates them.
(b) She doesn't care for them.
(c) She loves them.
(d) She is indifferent about them.
12. About what does Martha give Pick a hard time?
(a) His wild looking hair.
(b) Throwing up on the plane.
(c) Being afraid to go to war.
(d) His father's money.
13. Who does Pick meet at breakfast?
(a) Martha Culhane.
(b) Belinda Vichendorg.
(c) Nancy Scott.
(d) Susan Handly.
14. What soldiers is the Pickerel carrying who are not part of the crew?
(a) Five navy Admirals.
(b) Two intelligence officers.
(c) Seventeen rescued prisoners of war.
(d) Ten blind Marines.
15. What problem does Colonel Wesley want to solve?
(a) The Colonel Carlson problem.
(b) The Major Johnson problem.
(c) The lack of fighter pilot problem.
(d) The poor food in the mess hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the flight instructor think about what Pick is eating?
2. Who does the man in question #76 take up first?
3. Who does Pick meet first when he shows up for flight school?
4. Where does Pickering go for his flight training?
5. How does Ernie's mother feel about McCoy?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)